Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Update Informative Factions - We need your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads already drop when you kill the player, but getting money from the player when you kill them is a mega NO, I don’t want people gaining 5m from my head because I went to check walls naked.
Maybe there can be a system to where it takes a percentage of your money depending on the gear you were wearing at the time.

My list.

Since everyone could schem out a nuking cannon and raid any time of base in less than 10 walls.. I want more types of walls on jartex. By that I mean making regen walls a thing on factions next season. This would make raiding harder for the opponent.

I would want to add more custom enchants and fix the current ones.

I would want to add more special kits, and I would want to add more loot to monthly crates, I would also want to add more gkits and make the daily kit able to level up by chance. So the iron could become p1 iron, and p2, p3, p4, and diamond p1, ( p1 is max ).

I would add more loot to the voting crate keys.

Make insiding bannable because that is basically the easy way of raiding and it breaks the meaning of faction's raiding.
I agree with everything you said, except for the last part, insiding is already bannable

1. There is no need for new types of walls, a base can have around 160 walls, so if you don't have that many walls then its your problem for not grinding hard enough.
2. There is already enough enchants, it takes weeks to grind a god set so if there is more enchants it will take even longer, therefore we don't need new enchants.
3. There isn't much perks you can add to new special sets to balance them, in fact special sets should be removed all together, it isn't fun getting 2 shotted.
4. Upgrading kit sounds awful just because it doesn't make sense.
5. Monthly crate is already OP.
6. Insiding is bannable, but you can just buy unban the next day and this is the reason Somalia won't be a thing next map.
I disagree with you, I think they should decrease the amount of walls and allow Regen walls and stuff like that, raiding is currently extremely bland, you only need one cannon for every wall, and the only reason upgradeable starter kit does not make sense to you is because you already have God rank, you don't even need to use starter kit.

Hithy

Addicted Member
Cannoning was at its peak this season after the sand getting stuck midair got fixed, tnt optimization was also decent, the server was still dropping tps when firing full speed with some of my cannons, also if i get another tpglitch after i get killed i will literally kms, also fix the borders, so its actually a full chunk in the end, not some crippled half chunk, so making bases is easier

BabbyXD

Addicted Member
I apologize in advance for the length of my post.

This season of Factions brought many refreshing concepts, but I believe more can be done to improve my favourite gamemode. Here are some of my suggestions for the next season of factions (F.Y.I my beloved Raiding101 probably said all of these things already).

BUGS:
- Bigggest bug this season: the "TP glitch/bug". When you try to teleport to a location, it will teleport you to it, then immediately teleport you back (I've noticed that if a player has /fly enabled, this never happens).
- Players being able to use the /wild command in combat. Staff said they fixed this issue last season, but they have not. If a player is in a dire pvp situation, they can stand still, type /wild and 2 seconds later they escape.
- The 'Mystery Spawner Crate' (a chest-type lootbox that can be won from the monthly crate) not working at all. Should be a simple fix for staff.
- The /tinkerer dupe glitch. It has been recently discovered that whilst in the tinkerer interface, if a player repeatedly moves books (the CE kind) back and forth from the player's inventory to the tinkerer interface, occasionally the player will receive random scrolls.
- As PGUnation PGUnation said earlier, many of the custom enchants do not work. Some examples he and I have tested are: Viper (Unique), Blindness (Legendary), Penetrate (Legendary), Confusion (Unique), Execute (Legendary) and Enrage (Legendary). Also, I've noticed that many of the custom enchants don't have descriptions, meaning we have no idea what the enchants REALLY does. A small description for all custom enchants would be helpful.

PVP THINGS:
- Some special sets are too powerful (versace, santa, bape). Fighting someone with versace is impossible without eating gapples back to back. I believe potpvp has an integral role in factions, and that the special sets should be nerfed accordingly. In this regard, I think Raiding101 Raiding101 has the right experience and authority to find the new damage buffs and resistance buffs for the sets.
- Pearling through strings. Suddenly around 2 weeks ago, it became possible to pearl through string. This season, trap-style pvp has had a huge influence on the gamemode, and making it so pearls are blocked by string would restore the balance.
- Webshooter CE nerf. Many people will have said this already, but the bow CE 'Webshooter' activates too often for it to be reasonable. In group fights, players will repeatedly shoot their bows to create webs in enemy claims to trap their opponent. This makes sense, but currently it 'procs' too much. The more annoying use of this enchant is in KOTH. Players in the cap. zone will look down and shoot themselves, which will place a web where they stand so they cannot be knocked off the KOTH. To fix this, you should decrease the likeliness of spawning a web to a reasonable extent.
- When your /fly is disabled (a.k.a you're in combat), running up stairs (either normal stair blocks or elongated slab stairs), you will get teleported at the bottom of the stairs. I believe this is due to some anticheat plugin to prevent block glitching or speed hacking, but it needs to be fixed.
- Pearling in general. If you try to pearl somewhere with water, or you are already in water when the pearl lands, it will often not work. I think some tweaking to the pearl plugin will fix this issue.
- Gapple cooldown. Adding a 45 second or 1 min gapple cooldown so your opponent cannot constantly be under the regen 5 effect. This would put more importance on potpvp, which should be a necessary skill in faction pvp.

RAIDING:
- This season, some of the big factions (no names will be named) would grind out value in unclaimed spawner farms. This completely goes against the principles of factions, which is to defend and raid bases. Hiding a faction's value in some remote unclaimed overworld farm is cowardly. I don't know if anything could be done to stop this, as it would be very complicated to put in place a system where spawners will only generate mobs when in claimed territory (I'm assuming this would take huge amounts of server memory, so I understand if this can't be changed).
- Specific rules about raid claims and base claims. This last season, we've seen the explosion of adjustable barrel cannons (adj x, adj y), leading to counter-cannons, either in a faction's buffer of walls, or far outside. Staff needs to establish clear rules as to what claims are allowed, and not allowed (and how many). Some factions have massive raid claims at bases (approx. 100 claims without interruption). If a faction violates these rules, say 4 times, they will get disbanded or receive some heavy penalty.
- Stricter rules around gen-patching and printer-patching during an active raid. Say, if they haven't fired in 5 minutes, you are allowed to start gen-patching / printer patching.
- Adding a limit to the number of walls a cannon box can have (10 max?)

EVENTS / COMMUNITY:
- Adding smaller KOTHs everyday for the smaller factions to fight over. Would create more opportunities for pvp in an organic manner.
- Raid event once every 2 weeks? Also finding some way to involve the smaller / less powerful factions.
- Bringing back outpost, which would give minor faction buffs (increased spawnrates, 1.05x sellwand profit, 1.25x xp from grinding?).
Raiding101 knows what most people in the Factions community wants, so he should have a key role in preparing the events.

Thanks for taking the time to read what I have to say.

Sincerely,
BabbyXD.

Matt Howard

Donator
Donator
1. Make flying only available in faction claims.
2. Bring back /cf to create gambling among players in a fair and fun way!
3. Fix the tp bug in which you tp to a warp/home that Is in a different world and it doesn't work.
4. Pay back fac value that was insided! <-- big problem lately. It is an unfair advantage if they are using an alt to get value from another fac that has worked hard and most of the time the player doesn't get banned due to "lack of proof" and I also would like staff to inspect insiders more thoroughly. Meaning.. check logs. But this also means maybe giving more perms to mods. SO this is on staff's side.

ItachiShanker

Addicted Member
I disagree with you, I think they should decrease the amount of walls and allow Regen walls and stuff like that, raiding is currently extremely bland, you only need one cannon for every wall, and the only reason upgradeable starter kit does not make sense to you is because you already have God rank, you don't even need to use starter kit.

If you make it so you need different types of cannons for different walls then you might as well make factions skyblock, because 1/100 know how to cannon on the server.

+ Who the heck uses starter kit? They just implemeneted special sets, a kit god set is nothing compared to those.

If you make it so you need different types of cannons for different walls then you might as well make factions skyblock, because 1/100 know how to cannon on the server.

+ Who the heck uses starter kit? They just implemeneted special sets, a kit god set is nothing compared to those.
Those who do not wish to waste money on this server, but wish to enjoy the game.

Infactuation

List:
-Do not re-add Spawner Durability because it was ass.
-Remove webshooter and the dumb custom enchants.
-Bring back Hulk ;) (And if you want to be my best friend bring back repairer in combat.)
-Make unclaimed/wilderness vaults illegal.
-Make covering spawners while being raided illegal.
-Nerf useless spawners drops value. A pig spawners (the lowest tier of a spawner) dub is worth 30k and when you have 2,000 of these..
-Add outposts back and have daily koths instead of 3 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday.
-Nerf the special sets because the pvp is terrible with them.
-Make sets last longer.
I disagree with half of the list, why bring back hulk, hulk is more broken than the special sets

Cryptic

Change the way combining special set pieces work. When you combine a special set with any other gear, it loses the info showing that the piece is real. Make it where it keeps the info about what piece it is, and also disallow players to rename gear to the exact name of special sets.

Allow players to enderpearl in warzone places like /warp end. If you get knocked into a trap, you can't pearl back before you fall in because enderpearling straight out just goes into warzone.

If you decide to keep special sets, nerf them. I personally like the idea of special sets, I just don't like how OP they are. The max added damage a special set should give you should be +15, nothing really higher. Currently pots are almost useless if someone in max versace (+30 damage) is critting you out with strength 2, because of the amount of damage they do so you are almost forced to chug gapples.

Add a god apple cooldown (assuming the damage special sets do is nerfed so you aren't practically forced to eat a god apple) so players can't just chug god apples and never worry about quickdropping. This will give players a chance to get kills without having to completely break their gear or run out of gaps.

Fix where it says "You are too far away to interact with this block". I have no clue if this is intentional or not, but it's super annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.