Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Disallow people to make a YouTube/Twitch rank request without meeting the requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
Minecraft Username:
RealPlaykoo

What is the suggestion about?
Disallow people to make a YouTube/Twitch rank request without meeting the requirements.

Description:
Take a look at this page-

99% of all these threads are from people who did not meet any requirements, probably didn't know there were any and got denied. New people are ignorant and incredulous of the requirements for both Staff and YT/Twitch rank even though it is literally mentioned right next to or below the input field!

People should not be allowed to post applications unless they link their YouTube account directly to JartexNetwork forums and their channel has enough subscribers and meets all requirements to submit an application. This would stop any trolls impersonating other youtubers/twitch streamers and people who do not meet the requirements while keeping it very simple and easy to understand so that YouTubers don't miss out on the rank.​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
This will literally stop 99% of newbies/trolls from applying. The rest 1% would either be accepted or denied based on the votes.

Extra Information:
Feel free to point out flaws in the replies! I would love to clarify any of your doubts or edit my suggestion if you'd like.​

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Playkoo

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
yes but discord is arguably more trustworthy than jartexnetwork
Lol if you're still paranoid here is an alternative to the alternative
Link your minecraft account to your discord account
Link your YouTube account also to your discord account
Link your discord account to your jartex account

Voila, you can verify YouTube just as the mods verify in game name

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Playkoo

Playkoo

Donator
Donator

Damn I should have suggested this in the first place lol should I change it?

Swervinng

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
There should be some programming in forums to prevent people from submitting in the forums, by either making sure the number of subscribers they enter is above the requirements
That will help reduce the number of applications that doesn't meet requirements by a little bit, but what will stop them from typing a high number to have access to submit their application? Nothing really.

maybe using an API to find out the number of subscribers directly from their YouTube channel and to search through their channel/video tags so that they don't lie in the application.
They can apply with someone else's channel lol.

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Neutral
Instead of that, roda should add a new requirement, to have your YT linked to forums. Might be less troll applications but its worthy

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Playkoo

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
That will help reduce the number of applications that doesn't meet requirements by a little bit, but what will stop them from typing a high number to have access to submit their application? Nothing really.

They can apply with someone else's channel lol.
Yeah I guess I have to change that in the main thread

Swervinng

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
What if we lost some actual YouTubers in the progress? I don't think much people will bother doing all of this to apply lol.

Amarr

Donator
Donator
IGN
Pakistani_
I don't think it is possible. And even if it was it would probably take a load of time..
Neutral as of now

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Playkoo

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
What if we lost some actual YouTubers in the progress? I don't think much people will bother doing all of this to apply lol.
It would hardly take 2 minutes! It would be just as easy as linking your discord account to your YouTube/Twitch account lol
And also there is no way we're gonna lose some actual YouTubers because it is so easy I don't think there is a possibility that they would just give up

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Playkoo

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
I don't think it is possible. And even if it was it would probably take a load of time..
Neutral as of now
Well, yes it is possible. Now I'm no programmer, but I don't think it would take much time, just a few days to write the code and a few more days to implement it. It sounds complicated but Google has fortunately made it so you can link your account to 3rd party applications in a jiffy and provided a lot of tools and documentation for developers to add a "sign in with google" option to their sides which I hope you must have noticed on a lot of sites. We just need to do that to jartex forums and our problem would be half solved.

Appreciate the neutrality though. Have a great day!

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Playkoo

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
If you think there are flaws in this suggestion, feel free to point them out so I could clarify more or correct my suggestion a bit šŸ˜Š

Status
Not open for further replies.