Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Disallow people to make a YouTube/Twitch rank request without meeting the requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
Minecraft Username:
RealPlaykoo

What is the suggestion about?
Disallow people to make a YouTube/Twitch rank request without meeting the requirements.

Description:
Take a look at this page-

99% of all these threads are from people who did not meet any requirements, probably didn't know there were any and got denied. New people are ignorant and incredulous of the requirements for both Staff and YT/Twitch rank even though it is literally mentioned right next to or below the input field!

People should not be allowed to post applications unless they link their YouTube account directly to JartexNetwork forums and their channel has enough subscribers and meets all requirements to submit an application. This would stop any trolls impersonating other youtubers/twitch streamers and people who do not meet the requirements while keeping it very simple and easy to understand so that YouTubers don't miss out on the rank.​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
This will literally stop 99% of newbies/trolls from applying. The rest 1% would either be accepted or denied based on the votes.

Extra Information:
Feel free to point out flaws in the replies! I would love to clarify any of your doubts or edit my suggestion if you'd like.​

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Playkoo

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
yes, i know they can do this, which invalidates your point about an api looking through their channel. how are you going to know which channel to look for? by using a link. unless you're looking to add a way for players to link their youtube account, i don't see this working. even if you do add that linkaccount, who is realistically going to give up their google account information to jartex? i'm sure there's a few people dedicated enough but you're going to miss out on a lot of potential content creators.

Good point.
Therefore I propose another suggestion where people link their account to YouTube or Twitch, just like they do on Discord and Xbox and no personal information is given away. Unless we do that, we can't access the application page. Once authorized, whenever the user would try to visit the page, it would check if the user meets all the requirements (Jartex ip in tags, adequate subscriber count and others) and if all of them check out, they would be allowed to apply. After applying, the only reason to apply or deny would be the reaction of the public.

Pros-
No personal information is given away
No user can troll by impersonating a YouTuber as they would have to be verified first
Applications would be sparse and easy to manage

(Don't mind the bad quality of this chart)

1624531145706.png

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Playkoo

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
i'm sure there's a few people dedicated enough but you're going to miss out on a lot of potential content creators.
Also regarding missing out on content creators, that is just a side effect of warding off trolls and making it harder for them to apply.

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
Also regarding missing out on content creators, that is just a side effect of warding off trolls and making it harder for them to apply.
this seems like a very negative thing, as I would rather have to sift through 5 trolls and then find one amazing content creator than not have to look through any troll app but only find mediocre content creators

temptme

Addicted Member
IGN
temptme
rightfully so because minigames need to be updated constantly. even with the huge playerbase, it's constantly running at a loss money-wise and requires us to deliver quality updates with more perks for ranks to give people more incentive to buy stuff. besides money, by updating minigames we're keeping around three thousand players happy. i get that you're unhappy about the updates or resets on other gamemodes, but compared to minigames they admittedly require much less maintenance
I mean, that's what I said, but with fewer words... They prefer to constantly update minigames than other gamemodes and especially the forums.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Playkoo

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
how would you link your account without giving away personal info? 🤔
I meant no "personal information", it gains access to some data which is normal
It would take the same amount of information as discord takes when you link your account

Also, google has a privacy policy which makes it show what all info you're giving access to when you link your YouTube/Google account to a third party software (in this case, JartexNetwork)

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
I mean, that's what I said, but with fewer words... They prefer to constantly update minigames than other gamemodes and especially the forums.
no, it is not, you basically complained they focus on minigames and i told you the reasons why, which are all valid btw.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Playkoo

Playkoo

Donator
Donator
this seems like a very negative thing, as I would rather have to sift through 5 trolls and then find one amazing content creator than not have to look through any troll app but only find mediocre content creators
Imo the number is something like 500 trolls to 1 aspiring content creator. This thing is so easy to do anyway, it hardly takes a few minutes. I think you should try linking your YouTube account to discord to know how easy it is. The tiny, tiny percentage of people who actually have a problem with joining Jartex are probably not very dedicated.

True, this is indeed a sad tradeoff, but we want more dedicated creators rather than mischievous trolls on forums. The group of people you're talking about is a very small minority of people who meet the requirements but don't care enough about jartex to link their account and fill an application form, why should we care about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.