Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted Forums 'Proof wish not to be shared' option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidva

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
Minecraft Username:
Davidva

What is the suggestion about?
'Proof wish not to be shared' option

Description:
My suggestion is to remove the button 'proof wish not to be shared'. Especially for bans it's good to know wherefore you're banned. How are you supposed to write a proper appeal without knowing what exactly got you banned.

Not to be disrespectful to any staff member but I believe some really lack knowledge about the workings of hacks, reach and connection. If a staff member makes a wrong decision by accepting proof of a legitimate player some experienced players and ex staff can review it aswell and see a mistake.

We are a community and we should work together to avoid mistakes like banning known players falsely.

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
Less permanent false bans

Last edited:

starjr

Donator
Donator
IGN
starjr
I think that the main reason behind 'proof requested not to be shared' was supposed to be a way to protect the reporter in case the muted/banned player will start sending threat messages to the reporter and/or find a way to revenge and(maybe) harm the reporter in real life, they(the reporters) don't know if the player that got banned/muted has the power to do such stuff, and that's why I think that any reporter who chose not to share the proof is just scared of the consequences

Your suggestion made me think about an idea:

Adding one more section if you choose not to share it, the new section will ask you 'why do you wish to not share the proof?' the new section will be a big text box below the question that will let the player explain why he/she chose not to share the proof
Any staff member that will review the report will decide(based on the reason) if to post the proof on the ban/mute or not

Anyways, if I'm wrong or not about the main reason behind it, I'm still going with +1 because I agree with you, I would like to see them removing it and see how it goes
+1 for this, seems reasonable.

JohnMak

Donator
Donator
IGN
JohnMak
I think that the main reason behind 'proof requested not to be shared' was supposed to be a way to protect the reporter in case the muted/banned player will start sending threat messages to the reporter and/or find a way to revenge and(maybe) harm the reporter in real life, they(the reporters) don't know if the player that got banned/muted has the power to do such stuff, and that's why I think that any reporter who chose not to share the proof is just scared of the consequences

Your suggestion made me think about an idea:

Adding one more section if you choose not to share it, the new section will ask you 'why do you wish to not share the proof?' the new section will be a big text box below the question that will let the player explain why he/she chose not to share the proof
Any staff member that will review the report will decide(based on the reason) if to post the proof on the ban/mute or not

Anyways, if I'm wrong or not about the main reason behind it, I'm still going with +1 because I agree with you, I would like to see them removing it and see how it goes
I also agree with that ^^

Slash

Donator
Donator
+1
Yes, I got wrongly banned twice and the second time I couldn't even know why since the proofs were "requested not to be shared". I had to work it out via previous hackaccusations and video proofs based on just foreboding. T
but I gave u the proof XD

ExpertAQ

Addicted Member
How is the accused player ever gonna harass the reporter unless he does not know him in real life?
Let consider a statistic:
How many proofs are requested not to be shared? Around 12% based on a random sample.
Out of those 88%, how many users actually give threats to the other player? I haven't encountered such a case in jartex before.

The only points I can think in the defense:

-You and the accused player are friends in minecraft and you don't want to let your friends see that you're the one who got him banned.
-The person knows you in real life.
-You have faked the proof.

That actually depends on someone's perception. Our nature is to analyze something critically but we sometimes forget some crucial points.

D

Deleted member 43343

I also agree with that ^^
If I want my proof not to be shared, staff should not be allowed to override my decision because I can't think of a logical reason to. I like to report in anonymity, and so do many others. Based on what is on someone's screen in the report, you may be able to find out who reported you. If you know which texturepack(s) your friends are using, boom, that's one way to find out.

ExpertAQ

Addicted Member
If I want my proof not to be shared, staff should not be allowed to override my decision because I can't think of a logical reason to. I like to report in anonymity, and so do many others. Based on what is on someone's screen in the report, you may be able to find out who reported you. If you know which texturepack(s) your friends are using, boom, that's one way to find out.

You are deviating from the topic. We want to remove the ability to hide the proof which actually makes booked player harder to appeal. So if that option is removed then staff will no longer override your decisions.

I would like to ask you, why do you want to build anonymity while you report? What would be the underlying cause to do so?

D

Deleted member 43343

You are deviating from the topic. We want to remove the ability to hide the proof which actually makes booked player harder to appeal. So if that option is removed then staff will no longer override your decisions.

I would like to ask you, why do you want to build anonymity while you report? What would be the underlying cause to do so?
Why I like to report in anonymity does not matter. I just like reporting anonymously. Only clue I'll give you is that if people know you report, they'll see you as a snitch. By removing the abillity to report anonymously (showing evidence to a banned player), you're taking away anonymity, because like I said, there are many clues to find out who reported you, such as texturepacks, mods, skin (the arm in first person), chatlogs that may be visible, etc.

I see no reason to allow banned players an easier way to appeal. Keep it as it is now. And you can't convince me, ever. I'm all for anonymity when you decide to snitch people.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Davidva

Davidva

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
Why I like to report in anonymity does not matter. I just like reporting anonymously. Only clue I'll give you is that if people know you report, they'll see you as a snitch. By removing the abillity to report anonymously (showing evidence to a banned player), you're taking away anonymity, because like I said, there are many clues to find out who reported you, such as texturepacks, mods, skin (the arm in first person), chatlogs that may be visible, etc.

I see no reason to allow banned players an easier way to appeal. Keep it as it is now. And you can't convince me, ever. I'm all for anonymity when you decide to snitch people.
The point you're trying to make is totally invalid. I've been here for many years now reporting tons of violators and haven't got any hate whatsoever besides a few YouTube comments you can simply ignore.

This suggestion is made to show the proof if requested by the banned person, not always put it directly in the ban reason. This is suggested because of people not knowing wherefore they are appealing.

I don't think you understand what this suggestion is about. I am sure you're just ranting around about your privacy and you possibly getting hated. I can simply say, you won't.

ExpertAQ

Addicted Member
Why I like to report in anonymity does not matter. I just like reporting anonymously. Only clue I'll give you is that if people know you report, they'll see you as a snitch.

This the only reason you can think of? Did you ever try to report anyone yet with proof shared?

Nobody in this community would ever consider you as a snitch even if you keep your proof requested to be shared. Irony in your statement is that we have " Great reporter" roles which openly tells that we have reported many players, but for you we might be a snitch, for others, not.

I would ask you another question, what if you were banned with an incomplete evidence, and asked to appeal without ever seeing the proof. How you are going to appeal in such a situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.