Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Prison economy changes

ovq

Addicted Member
Banned
Known Member
Donator
IGN
ovq
Recent Prison updates & changes people want.

Ever since the 17th of August of 2020, there was a major update on Prison. Let's call it the "No more Fast Reset Update"; since you can no longer reset private mines as often (No cooldown -> 60 second cooldown) as well as the wood mine in warp a (not resetting at 60% broken blocks, instead every 15 minutes).
There's 3 thing I would like to talk about in this post.

• Private Mines •
There's now a 60 Second Cooldown whenever resetting a private mine, making it so you have to dig down a lot of times and fly up (or type /pm v name) to sell the items. There's no real way of seeing how much slower this is, but its probably around 75% slower. It would've been fine if the change was made at the start of the season, when people hadn't been mining while resetting the pmine or at the end of it, so everyone would've been on the same ground and would know the change. While everyone wants it removed (including me), the reset cooldown could be lowered to 20 seconds, or 15.
• Wood Mine •
In warp A, there's a special mine inside the actual A mine that is made up of wood an has its own reset cooldown. Before this update, it would automatically reset just like the rest of the mines, once 60% or more blocks are broken. This was taken away most likely since you could just dig straight down with a max pickaxe and reset it constantly, therefore farming a lot of blocks and tokens. You didn't need to type commands, all you had to do is hold left click and look down every time it reset. Now, the only way for it to reset is to wait 15 minutes; in other words, you can't make the mine reset anymore, so no more "easy" tokens.
• A solution •
Why was this change even implemented? Probably to stop AFK Mining. While yes, it's a solution that stops it, it also makes actual mining really annoying (both Money and Token mining). A way that AFK Mining could be stopped is the same way the SkyBlock and Factions game modes do it. A captcha prompt that asks you to click the correct item. This has mostly stopped AFK Grinding as well as Macroing (/shop) on both game modes, so why not implement it like this on Prison and let the people that play legit reset the mine or dig straight down in the wood mine. How could it work? Here's some examples:
• For wood mining, maybe if you didn't move neither in the X or Z axis, and you are breaking blocks as well as your Y value changing, check the player with a Captcha every so often (Don't make it extremely often, since it could get super annoying)
• For pmine mining, if you reset the mine a lot, just check the player that's resetting the mine. We're already clicking one icon really often, so having to click another every once in a while won't harm anymore.

While it is true that this would get annoying over time for some people, I personally would prefer having to click an item every so often rather than basically having to mine 4 times as much just to get the same amount of money / tokens I used to.

• Conclusion •
Both of these new changes make prison an overall more boring game mode, less fun to grind and it's just demotivated everyone. The Captcha prompt would make it way harder for people to AFK Mine to the point that they have to be on at all times to not get banned. Not only does this make the gamemode worse, but it also breaks the economy that has been set in place. Imagine if Spawners & EXP gain would be 75% slower on Factions & SkyBlock in the middle of the season; everyone would complain.

Thanks for reading!
-
ovq

rohansworld

1 - People paid money for that pmines thinking they will be able to reset them same as always, but currently its kinda wasted money and not mentioned in shop?
2 - Who is going to buy them next season if cooldown is still active? (In my opinion thats less income for owner)
3 - Why change something like that while season is still runing, they didn't even stay same for full season as added recently...

#RemoveTheCooldown
they should just get removed they are too p2w

fatelss

Donator
Donator
There is nothing we could do about this. Just accept this changes as they did it to sbd too. "ICHEST" but you need to upgrade its storage for ingame money. Smh

KrakenTV

Donator
Donator
IGN
KrakenTV
There is nothing we could do about this. Just accept this changes as they did it to sbd too. "ICHEST" but you need to upgrade its storage for ingame money. Smh
True, but you never know, sbd thing sounds not that bad as prison situation...

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
ovq

ovq

Addicted Member
Banned
Known Member
Donator
IGN
ovq
But at least the change wasn't made mid-season, imagine how many people would've been mad that you now needed money to upgrade iChest space when for half of the season, it was perfectly fine.

fatelss

Donator
Donator
But at least the change wasn't made mid-season, imagine how many people would've been mad that you now needed money to upgrade iChest space when for half of the season, it was perfectly fine.
Yea but there is nothing we could do. As in SBD #2 island top members has been banned so many times this season and owners didnt do anything about it. so its kinda funny how cheaters still wins the island top. And i think this cooldown will be up next season too.

Last edited: