Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Balancing feedback

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Hello, dear SkyWars community!

As most of you already know, SkyWars loot has been changed drastically with the newest update. You can find most changes in this thread.

Since this update was completely my initiative, I am not entirely sure that it represents what the community likes! That's why I would love to hear your opinions - is new loot better or worse, and what could be changed for any further improvement.

Only a few things left to say:
- please do keep in mind that I want to hear loot changes and loot changes only!
- try it out before leaving any feedback; it might be hard to judge changes without seeing changes in an actual game.
- if you have any complaints, please, state your reasoning.

Other than that, I hope you all have a great SkyWars experience and rest of your day!

Kind regards,
stup.

CommodorePET

Most of the community would agree that beast boots were really too strong and you could just use speed pots to counter slowness.
Yea the beastboots were overpowered, it was annoying on the receiving end and you basically were unstoppable on the giving end. Although, blindness seems to make the boots a bit useless. Maybe making them have a higher amount of slowness so that even with a speed pot you are still slow. Alternative maybe is to have the beast boots work the same way as the revenge chestplate. For example, 20% chance to do a % of damage that would be equivalent to a strength hit. :unsure:

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
stupxd

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
So today SkyWars loot got updated, changes:

Bugs
- Fixed not getting a weapon from spawn chests.
- Fixed not getting blocks from spawn chests.
- Fixed getting sharpness 2 diamond sword off spawn on Lunatic.

Changes
- Reduced Pegasus feather spawn chance (also reduced amount so you can't get 2x anymore).
- Reduced pearls spawn chance before refill + spawn loot after refill.
- Reduced sharpness level for Extreme mode.
- Reduced swords chest rates.
- Slightly increased amount of golden apples on Lunatic and Extreme.
- Increased chance to get 4 armour pieces on Lunatic and Extreme.
- Removed anvils from mid loot (it was way too common with XP bottles and I realised most maps have anvils anyways).

Feel free to suggest any further improvements / feedback.

MaybeItsDestiny_

Donator
Donator
Hm? What's worse now, could you explain?
Too high rate of Beast boots, too high rate of pearls in chests, too high rate of finding Knockback enchanted items, too many Sky Crates each game (It should be 50% of spawning one ONLY each game), too high rate of finding protection 3 armor and each sword you find at middle is Sharpness 3, which shouldn't be a each chest drop thing. Imo, Extreme Mode is unplayable and Normal Mode is too P2W because spawn chests don't even give full armor (Uses to be 3 pieces), and Diamond players, like me, enjoy 3 tapping people and winning solo matches with 6-9 kills per game.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
stupxd

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
MaybeItsDestiny_ MaybeItsDestiny_ I don't understand half of ur complaints, sorry. I do agree crates amount should be decreased, and I could add a chance for 4th armour piece on normal (not today as I need to sleep).
Pearls chance is now heavily decreased (at least before refill), beast boots are not only almost useless rn but also very rare (before refill). Sharpness 3 is there exactly to counter prot 3, how is it a bad thing?
Kb items? Chance for gold kb sword is same as any other sword on normal, punch bows are almost non existant before refill now. What do you mean?
Also I do recommend you trying the game out rn as few things got changed to good.

P.S. I'm well aware of people abusing dia kits on normal, but I'll focus on that in further updates. Its important to settle on some fair loot system to change other things.

Speaking about normal mode:
Mid chests (To make it better):
- I feel like the gapples % from getting in a chest its really low right now. It feels like pearls are easier than gaps.
- I dont think putting armor that doesnt have protection on mid chests make any sense (Kinda weird that u rush mid and u literally get worse gear than your island chest).
- Maybe remove the fire aspect from the iron swords and get the rate from dia sword fire aspect like it was (It feels really low like gapples).

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
stupxd

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
- I feel like the gapples % from getting in a chest its really low right now. It feels like pearls are easier than gaps.
Will look into it this evening.

- I dont think putting armor that doesnt have protection on mid chests make any sense (Kinda weird that u rush mid and u literally get worse gear than your island chest).
What if I put prot4 iron chestplate at spawn island instead of clean diamond (it's worse by few %)? Is that going to work?

- Maybe remove the fire aspect from the iron swords and get the rate from dia sword fire aspect like it was (It feels really low like gapples).
I reduced rates for it only before refill+ it's iron sword so you can't just combine it with your main diamond sword and use just like that.
After refill u get diamond fire aspect 1 because gear is appropriate.
But maybe it's better to return old loot? Idk 🤷‍♂️ you tell me.

maulik1112

Addicted Member
Donator
IGN
maulik1112
Sometimes I get fortune 1 book enchant from the 3rd chest and it's always fortune 1 maybe you could add some other enchants like fire aspect, protection, etc.

DeathGunRaids

Donator
Donator
IGN
DeathGunRaids
Extreme mode:-
Make the rate of getting golden apple as it was before the update. (After 2nd to 3rd refill I only got 9 golden apple from mid as where as I could get like 15 plus before. This was really helpful when the fights are really sweaty.)

It would be better if you removed blindness from beast boots/hercules boots. I agree on making the boots have proj instead of prot. I still don't know why bunny boots got weakness 4, it reduces a lot of damage when I have a bad sword such as sharpness 2 and it really doesn't help me in a fight when I don't have any good loots and no blocks to
bounce away from danger :D.

Removing speed II [20 seconds] would be great because it's useless and it doesn't make sense to have speed II [35 seconds] and speed II [20 seconds] in skywars. I'm not entirely sure about this but I feel like speed II [1:30 seconds] got removed. Normally when you get speed from base, it's usually speed II [ 1:30 seconds] and now it shows speed II [20 seconds].

I kind of like the fact that getting Pearls from chest is now higher.

I can't help but feel that skywars is now fire themed whereby fire swords now exist and that fire wrath thing exists too. I don't really mind the fire swords because of my perk counters it 75% of the time but it is kind of annoying to have players use fire sword on you and run away xd. I think fire swords should be rare rather than common.

I sometimes don't get swords/Melee from chest especially in dous. It would be better if you always got a sword or an axe from the start rather than nothing but a pickaxe lol.

I love what they did to
normal as the where you can now get full armour from the start. But it would be nice if more exp bottles were added to normal mode (Really helps when fighting ranked players).

I'm I tripping or did they make the op items into Greek gods names? (Greek mythology) its kinda nice and funny ngl. Anyways every I said is based on my own opinions 😅. (Sorry for any grammatical errors.)