Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Balancing feedback

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Hello, dear SkyWars community!

As most of you already know, SkyWars loot has been changed drastically with the newest update. You can find most changes in this thread.

Since this update was completely my initiative, I am not entirely sure that it represents what the community likes! That's why I would love to hear your opinions - is new loot better or worse, and what could be changed for any further improvement.

Only a few things left to say:
- please do keep in mind that I want to hear loot changes and loot changes only!
- try it out before leaving any feedback; it might be hard to judge changes without seeing changes in an actual game.
- if you have any complaints, please, state your reasoning.

Other than that, I hope you all have a great SkyWars experience and rest of your day!

Kind regards,
stup.

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Weakness 4 is just too much, 3 would be better tbh
one more thing, fire aspect should only be in Lunatic and Extreme mode, remove them in normal
Now for the rest, i dont know yet since im not available to play skywars atm

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
stupxd

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Weakness 4 is just too much, 3 would be better tbh
Hmm, you should really try it out, because from my testing it doesn't give much of a difference.
Weakness has really low effect before 1.9, and low level of weakness seems like a small penalty for being able to run away so easily.

1632143429251.png

fire aspect should only be in Lunatic and Extreme mode, remove them in normal
What about making them appear on normal mode only after refill?

maulik1112

Addicted Member
Donator
IGN
maulik1112
Not getting an armour piece in extreme every single game. There's a very low chance of getting all 4 pieces. The problem is there are sharp 4 and 5 swords and less armour. Instead of not giving a piece, giving an iron piece instead would be better.

CommodorePET

Ive only been able to test out a couple of extreme mode so far but here is some of my feedback:

Changes:
  1. Sharp 4 swords seem a bit too op for the armour. I feel sharp 2 prot 2 to start off and mid having prot 3 and sharp 3 was good. If you want to keep the sharp 3 at island and sharp 4 at mid id suggest maybe giving a good mixture of prot 2 and 3 at island and a good mixture of prot 3 and 4 a mid.
  2. The knockback 5 shovel should be reduced to knockback 3. Knockback 5 is just way too much of an advantage.
  3. The pearl rate is way too high. This was not mentioned as a change so i'm not sure if it's intentional or is bugged or not but every game I get at least a stack of pearls or more from mid. It makes it so every player is just island hopping and sometimes impossible to kill.
  4. The amount of those feathers that make you fly (forget their name) is too high. I get 2 in a stack and have gotten too much of them.
  1. Nerf to beast boots by giving blindness seems fair.
  2. Nerf to bunny boots (thank god) are 10000% fair.
  3. The buff to bows was needed, besides punch bows they did no damage and were kina useless.
  4. nerf to revenge chestplate (thank god x2) is amazing because that did half your health without the player hitting you.
  5. the update to the airdrop chest is good I like the items inside and feel they are fair.
When i get to play more and try our the other modes I will give more feedback.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
stupxd

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
jackoryan jackoryan To not go off-topic in unrelated thread, please reply here
They literately ruined bunny boots and beast boots bro. Sad.
Could you, please, explain how is balancing OP items ruining them? Most of the community would agree that beast boots were really too strong and you could just use speed pots to counter slowness.
Weakness 1 on bunny boots didn't really do anything either. -0.5 of your sword damage means you deal 10.25 dmg with Sharpness 3 diamond sword instead of 10.75. That's really nothing.

Sharp 4 swords seem a bit too op for the armour. I feel sharp 2 prot 2 to start off and mid having prot 3 and sharp 3 was good. If you want to keep the sharp 3 at island and sharp 4 at mid id suggest maybe giving a good mixture of prot 2 and 3 at island and a good mixture of prot 3 and 4 a mid.
I hear this a lot, will have to roll back this change then. This was more of an experimental change because fights felt a bit too long.
Do you think adding sharpness 4 on refill will be balanced? As you only get protection 3 armour from mid chests 🤔

The pearl rate is way too high. This was not mentioned as a change so i'm not sure if it's intentional or is bugged or not but every game I get at least a stack of pearls or more from mid. It makes it so every player is just island hopping and sometimes impossible to kill.
I'll reduce chances and we see how it goes. Been hearing this a lot and it's not intentional, no.

The knockback 5 shovel should be reduced to knockback 3. Knockback 5 is just way too much of an advantage.
I'm not sure if I could change this. It used to be knockback 5 slimeball (infinite durability), and now its a gold shovel with 16 uses. It surely still is OP. I'll try to do some testing with knockback 3 later this week to see how it goes.

The amount of those feathers that make you fly (forget their name) is too high. I get 2 in a stack and have gotten too much of them.
👍 It's supposed to be an alternative to pearls as its more practical and unexpected, didn't think they'll be very common though.

Last edited:

jackoryan

Donator
Donator
IGN
jackoryan
Could you, please, explain how is balancing OP items ruining them? Most of the community could agree that beast boots were really too strong and you could just use speed pots to counter slowness.
Weakness 1 on bunny boots didn't really do anything either. -0.5 of your sword damage means you deal 9.75 dmg with Sharpness 3 diamond sword instead of 10.25. That's really nothing.
Ok, ig the bunny boots thing seems ok maybe not weakness 4 but whatever and yes I agree beast boots were op you literally can't play with blindness so it will prob become an unused item. Also sorry for going off topic.

CommodorePET

I hear this a lot, will have to roll back this change then. This was more of an experimental change because fights felt a bit too long.
Do you think adding sharpness 4 on refill will be balanced? As you only get protection 3 armour from mid chests
Sharp 4 on refill would be balanced but id say not first refill maybe second because if the game lasts to second refill then it's mostly people camping and running so higher damage would be good. Also pearl rate should be higher for second refill as well because most people are camping and it can make games end easier.

CommodorePET

I'm not sure if I could change this. It used to be knockback 5 slimeball (infinite durability), and now its a gold shovel with 16 uses. It surely still is OP. I'll try to do some testing with knockback 3 later this week to see how it goes.
even if it is a shovel with only 16 uses it's still plenty enough to get the majority of players off the map, especially with that knockback 5. So do some testing with knockback 3 because it's way more counterable. Id even go as far to say if the shovel is still knockback 5 then reduce the uses to maybe 6 or 7 to at least make the weapon somewhat more skillful. Instead of using it like a sword, constantly hitting people now players will have to use it more wisely. Also kinda off topic but i feel the knockback for skywars has changed. It could just be me but do you know if anything was done to the knockback?

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
stupxd

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Sharp 4 on refill would be balanced but id say not first refill maybe second because if the game lasts to second refill then it's mostly people camping and running so higher damage would be good. Also pearl rate should be higher for second refill as well because most people are camping and it can make games end easier.
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure if that's possible to do (sharpness 4 only on 2nd refill). Now that I think of it, you'll have higher EXP bottles chance on refill so it might cover people camping 🤔
Also yes, it was my intention to make pearls rates higher on refill, I am not entirely sure why it's high before it.

Id even go as far to say if the shovel is still knockback 5 then reduce the uses to maybe 6 or 7 to at least make the weapon somewhat more skillful
Initially I wanted to make it a diamond shovel with 10 durability (5 uses) but if KB 3 would work then there's no need for it.

Also kinda off topic but i feel the knockback for skywars has changed. It could just be me but do you know if anything was done to the knockback?
No clue.