Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Balancing feedback

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Hello, dear SkyWars community!

As most of you already know, SkyWars loot has been changed drastically with the newest update. You can find most changes in this thread.

Since this update was completely my initiative, I am not entirely sure that it represents what the community likes! That's why I would love to hear your opinions - is new loot better or worse, and what could be changed for any further improvement.

Only a few things left to say:
- please do keep in mind that I want to hear loot changes and loot changes only!
- try it out before leaving any feedback; it might be hard to judge changes without seeing changes in an actual game.
- if you have any complaints, please, state your reasoning.

Other than that, I hope you all have a great SkyWars experience and rest of your day!

Kind regards,
stup.

maulik1112

Addicted Member
Donator
IGN
maulik1112
Make the rate of getting golden apple as it was before the update. (After 2nd to 3rd refill I only got 9 golden apple from mid as where as I could get like 15 plus before.
9 is more than enough you would need
It would be better if you removed blindness from beast boots/hercules boots. I agree on making the boots have proj instead of prot. I still don't know why bunny boots got weakness 4, it reduces a lot of damage when I have a bad sword such as sharpness 2 and it really doesn't help me in a fight when I don't have any good loots and no blocks to bounce away from danger
They balanced it, and it's perfect. Anyone with bunny boots could flee away and beast boots were too op.
I'm I tripping or did they make the op items into Greek gods names? (Greek mythology) its kinda nice and funny ngl. Anyways every I said is based on my own opinions
Yeah they did that

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
stupxd

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Make the rate of getting golden apple as it was before the update. (After 2nd to 3rd refill I only got 9 golden apple from mid as where as I could get like 15 plus before. This was really helpful when the fights are really sweaty.)
That's noted, will try to figure out best rates for healing later today.

It would be better if you removed blindness from beast boots/hercules boots.
It is already removed due to people not liking it. Server just wasn't updated yet. Also, it should have lower strength effect once it's updated (+60% of damage).

Removing speed II [20 seconds] would be great because it's useless and it doesn't make sense to have speed II [35 seconds] and speed II [20 seconds] in skywars.
Speed has different duration on different modes (Extreme has 35 seconds, Lunatic = 20 seconds, Normal = 15 seconds).
I have removed 1:30 min Speed 2 potion due to it being very overpowered as a spawn loot.

I can't help but feel that skywars is now fire themed whereby fire swords now exist and that fire wrath thing exists too. I don't really mind the fire swords because of my perk counters it 75% of the time but it is kind of annoying to have players use fire sword on you and run away xd. I think fire swords should be rare rather than common.
Fire swords already have lower chance of spawning. I might slightly decrease it, if you think it's too much right now.
To counter fire you can use fire protection items and fire resistance potions 🤷‍♂️

I sometimes don't get swords/Melee from chest especially in dous. It would be better if you always got a sword or an axe from the start rather than nothing but a pickaxe lol.
Known issue, only happens in doubles. Will be looked into next week, as I already told you in game 👀

But it would be nice if more exp bottles were added to normal mode (Really helps when fighting ranked players).
Hmm, I could increase amount by 25-50% for first 2 spawn chests but is it worth it 🤔 you get 8-16 from those as of right now. Just conserve them, you don't need a lot of XP to combine prot 1/sharp 1 items. I want to keep some balance and not just let people combine sharpness 3 on normal every game :(

Citan

Addicted Member
Hmm, you should really try it out, because from my testing it doesn't give much of a difference.
Weakness has really low effect before 1.9, and low level of weakness seems like a small penalty for being able to run away so easily.

View attachment 17666

What about making them appear on normal mode only after refill?
damm i thought it was always 1.9 weakness

DeathGunRaids

Donator
Donator
IGN
DeathGunRaids
I don't know if this is a bug or just something they changed but we get little amount of food in game now compared to before. Sometimes I barely get any food at all. You could get a stack of steak or golden carrot now you cant. Plus I somehow get hungry very fast (ingame ofc).

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
stupxd

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Thanks everyone for your feedback!
This night all reasonable changes you have been asking for were finally added:
S10928-01235721.jpg

Please, let me know what you think of current loot, are there any other changes to make?

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
stupxd

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Hmm, since there's no replies, I'm going to assume the loot is fine for the most part.

I've noticed only few things that require fix (e.g. drinkable speed pots on normal mid loot, wasn't intended) and will try to do it on weekends but, hopefully, this tread is no longer needed 🤔

Thanks again to everyone for participating!

Kind regards,
stup.

KIc4cto

Sharp 4 on refill would be balanced but id say not first refill maybe second because if the game lasts to second refill then it's mostly people camping and running so higher damage would be good. Also pearl rate should be higher for second refill as well because most people are camping and it can make games end easier.