Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Allow Damage Indicators in Minigames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuu

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
UltraFartKnocker
Minecraft Username:
UltraFartKnocker​

What is the suggestion about?
Allow Damage Indicators in Minigames​

Description:
As we all know damage indicators are considered a disallowed modification. This is really stupid how people in minigames get banned for it even tho you already have a damage indicator on there.

Before this argument was not considered cuz of people using it in other gamemodes which do not have damage indicators already.

Simple fix to that is Allow them in Minigames. There is no reason to disallow them in minigames. Since 95% of people who get banned for damage indicators are people who don't think thats bannable since its such a tiny modification.

You can disallow this in other gamemodes other than minigames the same way as it is done for fly boost in factions (Disallowed only in factions)​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
Make people not get banned for something that is so subtle and barely gives an advantage.​

Yanique1

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
Showing hearts above your head I wouldn't consider cheating, nor would a new player
it’s a rule so “rule breaking” if that’s what you would like to call it

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Yuu

Yuu

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
UltraFartKnocker
it’s a rule so “rule breaking” if that’s what you would like to call it
Its rule breaking which is so subtle that I want it removed.

KillBandit

Addicted Member
You're also right about new comers using damage indicator due to them thinking that it's not cheating and that it's not something big of a deal.
*cough* Bro I almost hacked the server with it that too on stream .... what you on about

jackoryan jackoryan you can report my above statement as well! might get you one step closer to becoming a " Great Reporter "​

Oh_myMinecraft

Donator
Donator
-1 u can already see health in mg maybe instead display a message saying damage indicators arent allowed

Doytrex

-1 u can already see health in mg maybe instead display a message saying damage indicators arent allowed
I changed my mind again. That's what i said, my vote remains -1, I just dislike the idea of letting people even join with the modification from the first place. I just think that it would increase the overall population in jartexnetwork using damage indicator modification in other gamemodes too. The idea of it being allowed in one gamemode could cause people to use the modification in other gamemodes anyways, some wouldn't care and would be lazy. I think it's best that we show people that we're really strict from the first place so a lot of them can forget about using it from the first place by displaying a message in the screen stating it clearly "Jartex network built a damage indicator specifically made for mini games, so please avoid the use of damage indicator modification to prevent yourself from getting banned"

Last edited:

Doytrex

MOTD seems like an alright idea, but making it completely allowed or making it blocked from the server side in a way that you can't turn it on at all is a much better method imo.
Is it even possible to completely block people from using damage indicator? I think that would really be hard considering that the mods created specifically for damage indicator are custom coded and injected in their Minecraft game itself. It would be really hard to prevent something that isn't even associated with the server's codes to be blocked.

Doytrex

Is it even possible to completely block people from using damage indicator? I don't think that's possible considering that the mods created specifically for damage indicator are custom coded and it would be really hard to prevent something that isn't even associated with the server's codes to be blocked.
I'm also pretty sure that if that were to be possible, they would've done it ages ago. So for now, let's stick with the screen message idea.

Doytrex

Also, some new comers don't even see the rules or don't understand the rule of it being globally disallowed since mini games has it built itself. So that message would really state it perfectly and would remind them that it's stated in the rules.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Yuu

Yuu

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
UltraFartKnocker
Is it even possible to completely block people from using damage indicator? I think that would really be hard considering that the mods created specifically for damage indicator are custom coded and injected in their Minecraft game itself. It would be really hard to prevent something that isn't even associated with the server's codes to be blocked.
Mineplex does it, so it is possible.

I'm also pretty sure that if that were to be possible, they would've done it ages ago. So for now, let's stick with the screen message idea.
It wasn't done because its not worth it. Its such a simple rule than a whole thing to block it, is not worth it.

Doytrex

It wasn't done because its not worth it. Its such a simple rule than a whole thing to block it, is not worth it

It wasn't done because its not worth it. Its such a simple rule than a whole thing to block it, is not worth it.
makes sense, well it's on the developers / owners to make the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.