Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Your opinion about PvP in Bossworld?

The_W

Addicted Member
I've been thinking about this for a while, but since I'm not that active or experienced, I'd like to hear opinions and experiences from other skyblock players.
I am expecting everyone regardless of experience and how active you are as long as you have experience or activity on Silver or Gold Zone.
So do you think PvP in bossworld needs to be changed or not, how and why? Do you felt bothered?
Below is JUST my OPINIONS and THOUGHTS, it might be too long, so no need to read it all if you don't want to : )

Now, as we know PvP enabled in Silver and Gold, inventory kept on death on Silver, and still losing Durability on every fight. PvP is added as a challenge for Bossworld, and Bossworld update itself is to change from grinding gameplay to more active and fun gameplay.

Non PvP Players
It's a sure disadvantage for non pvp players, good thing currently there's 1hr passive, low number of players on Silver and Gold, and mostly friendly players. But 1hr passive is short for active players, low number of players depends on timezone and temporary (will be explained more below), and not all players are friendly.

Number of Players
Now assume we used out passive mode, whenever fighting a boss with other players (Silver or Gold), we will most likely hit or receive hits from other players even though not by purpose. Even with just 2-3 players, there are a lot of hits traded between players not by purpose. Now imagine the same amount of players on Bronze Zone moved to Silver Zone, players will be hitting each others more often, and some players that purposely hitting others might be hiding within the crowd creating further chaos. As players progress, more player will be able to access Silver or Gold Zone, so increase of players on these zones will surely happen.

Friendly and Hostile Players
Good thing is most players are friendly towards each other, but some players just love slaughtering other players and creating chaos here. There's even players that demands for big "taxes" and if a player refuse, the player would be constantly killed when entering the zone without passive mode. This will surely disturb other players gameplay and made them not able to enjoy the game.

There is other more arguments I want to state, but it'll be too long.

The result?
Players that have disadvantage would most likely avoid Silver and Gold if they are really annoyed by that, and even changing their gameplay back to grinding as it would be much worth than just staying on Bronze. That means bossworld influence to changing gameplay will decrease. Some disadvantage can be changed, but p2w still have lots of advantage, and other disadvantage is just too hard or can't be changed (pc, connection, ping, etc..)

After the new bossworld update, I think it's pretty enjoyable and active, and I do know that PvP is a challenge. But bossworld in my opinion should also be able to be enjoyed by players with disadvantages. So I am planning to make a suggestion to change that won't disable PvP overall, but a bit safer way for non PvP players and giving disadvantaged players a chance to be able to fight back. But first, as I lack of experience, I'll need to ask for other players opinions about this.

Thanks for reading,
Regards,
Ww.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
The_W

The_W

Addicted Member
Giving players the "peace" would be way to boring and would let me people easily get stuff, while nobody really poses a threat to that certain person. But I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of custom enchants that let you become immune to blindness, and slowness. So unless that enchant comes off the sword it'd be pretty much impossible for that idea to work. And no one would like there enchant coming off in silver zone so players with the disadvantage could get better stuff.
Would love to hear your response though!
Thanks for the reply, that's a good argument about my idea but I also thought of it before and I'll try to explain what I think of it, though not perfect and might be too complicated.

1. Peace would be way too boring?
Now, first of all the suggestion didn't disable PvP for those who wanted it. Now like you said before 3/4 players are actually friendly, so for those friendly players they are not going for PvP at the first place, so becoming "Peace" is not much different. Also, if you mean accidentally hitting each other on boss fight, peace mode will prevent that. Hitting each other accidentally in boss fights is just ridiculous, and the time when more players on Silver Zone, it will just become a complete mess. For those players that always kill everyone, some wanted points might not be a problem, but once its too high, disadvantaged players will have a chance to fight back against them. If you wanted a duel with other players on Silver, both sides can turn off peace mode and noone will need to worry the penalty of wanted points. So, overall this won't prevent PvP at all but will reduce it on certain limits.

2. Debuffs immunity.
Well I didn't remember all the custom enchants, but if you meant the ce that exchanges the debuffs or get rid of the debuffs on a random chance, I thought of turning the debuff status to still stay there (can't be get rid off) as long as the certain wanted points are still there. I didn't remember if there is an enchant that immune to the debuffs all time, but if it does exist, it can be set so that the enchant will not work on the warning point's debuff. But I haven't think of the debuffs specificly, so I'll just keep it for later if this suggestion is possible to be implemented.

3. So for the last one, I think I've explained more of the points on the 1st one.
So, the conclusion is yes that this will give more opportunity for disadvantaged players. But I think the boss difficulty is pretty much a thing for those players, and without working with other players it will just too hard for them. Even with peace mode on, they are still vulnerable to bosses, so it's not completely "Safe Zone" for them.
We can also see the peace mode as a friendly mode for disadvantage players, so if you wanted more challenge you can just turn the peace mode off and (I think of a command to ignore peace players) fight in a more challenging situation with other players that have Peace off too.

(But this is too complicated, I hope we can think of a better solution or suggestion. The 2 passive will affect the Gold Zone competition and PvP environment directly, so I don't think top players will like it. Thanks for reading :v )

DanielWithAD

Donator
Donator
IGN
DanielWithAD
Thanks for the reply, that's a good argument about my idea but I also thought of it before and I'll try to explain what I think of it, though not perfect and might be too complicated.

1. Peace would be way too boring?
Now, first of all the suggestion didn't disable PvP for those who wanted it. Now like you said before 3/4 players are actually friendly, so for those friendly players they are not going for PvP at the first place, so becoming "Peace" is not much different. Also, if you mean accidentally hitting each other on boss fight, peace mode will prevent that. Hitting each other accidentally in boss fights is just ridiculous, and the time when more players on Silver Zone, it will just become a complete mess. For those players that always kill everyone, some wanted points might not be a problem, but once its too high, disadvantaged players will have a chance to fight back against them. If you wanted a duel with other players on Silver, both sides can turn off peace mode and noone will need to worry the penalty of wanted points. So, overall this won't prevent PvP at all but will reduce it on certain limits.

2. Debuffs immunity.
Well I didn't remember all the custom enchants, but if you meant the ce that exchanges the debuffs or get rid of the debuffs on a random chance, I thought of turning the debuff status to still stay there (can't be get rid off) as long as the certain wanted points are still there. I didn't remember if there is an enchant that immune to the debuffs all time, but if it does exist, it can be set so that the enchant will not work on the warning point's debuff. But I haven't think of the debuffs specificly, so I'll just keep it for later if this suggestion is possible to be implemented.

3. So for the last one, I think I've explained more of the points on the 1st one.
So, the conclusion is yes that this will give more opportunity for disadvantaged players. But I think the boss difficulty is pretty much a thing for those players, and without working with other players it will just too hard for them. Even with peace mode on, they are still vulnerable to bosses, so it's not completely "Safe Zone" for them.
We can also see the peace mode as a friendly mode for disadvantage players, so if you wanted more challenge you can just turn the peace mode off and (I think of a command to ignore peace players) fight in a more challenging situation with other players that have Peace off too.

(But this is too complicated, I hope we can think of a better solution or suggestion. The 2 passive will affect the Gold Zone competition and PvP environment directly, so I don't think top players will like it. Thanks for reading :v )
So players with peace mode on wouldn't be able to get attacked?

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
The_W

The_W

Addicted Member
So players with peace mode on wouldn't be able to get attacked?
They can be attacked, but only by players with peace mode off and the one that not ignore peace players. Just like current condition where friendly players seek no harm to each others, and only those players that really wanted to kill other players. The addition in this peace mode is that you will not accidentally hit other friendly players, and will limit or reduce persuasively on how often the "dangerous players" harming other players.

And with debuffs on the wanted players, disadvantage players will have better chance to fight back.

jadispro

Donator
Donator
IGN
jadispro
I really didnt like to loose stuff in gold zone because if you don't have passive mod enabled you would be killed like in seconds and especially me I am targeted by all op players idk why :/

DanielWithAD

Donator
Donator
IGN
DanielWithAD
I really didnt like to loose stuff in gold zone because if you don't have passive mod enabled you would be killed like in seconds and especially me I am targeted by all op players idk why :/
Probably cause the people in gold suppose you’d have good armor and want to kill you for it. Or just because pvp is allowed in the gold zone.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
The_W

The_W

Addicted Member
Probably cause the people in gold suppose you’d have good armor and want to kill you for it. Or just because pvp is allowed in the gold zone.
Yeah, because PvP and inventory drop enabled there, it has much more impact to players. Unlike Sliver Zone, PvP on Gold is risky but comes with great rewards. It also become a place for competition, challenge, and rewards for top players and other op players. Even though you just died because of bosses, you still lose your stuffs, so this is surely not the place if still too weak.

Chickeny

Its kinda stupid, like killing bosses is kinda hard if u are only one, so people ask help, but they can kill you acidentally or in purpose, and that sucks