Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied SBD Trading money safer to prevent scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytrex

Minecraft Username:
Doytrex​

What is your suggestion's title?
Trading money safer to prevent scammers​

Suggestion Details:
Hello, I want to suggest something small for the skyblock game mode, something that will make the game more clean and safe from scammers. Let me start by stating the problem. Some scammers use bank notes as bait so that they can gain more value from the trade. For example, people using 1,111.111 or 1,000.001 with a dot. and 3 other numbers at the end so that people think it's a 1mil bank note, when in reality it isn't and many people fall for it because there are new comers who are not aware of that trick and still fall for it for not focusing on (.) being placed there, due to it looking nearly identical to the comma. This is why I suggest making it so you can like trade money directly using the trade gui just like how trading EXP is possible by using the trade gui. It's much safer this way. I'm mentioning this idea now because I realized how this scamming trick is effective due to my friend that just joined the server who recently got scammed from it after paying him a big amount of money to start. Just wanted to suggest a simple idea before the reset starts and thought it would help jartex decrease rule breakers in general.​
King regards,​
Doytrex​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
It prevents scammers from finding ways to outsmart new comers, and makes jartexnetwork safer and cleaner.​

Extra Information:
Thanks for reading my suggestion​

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Doytrex

Doytrex

Hello Doytrex,

Edit: The rest of my post is being edited, having reread your initial suggestion. I see that you did suggest a "money toggle increment" feature for /trade, it's just that the discussion moved on from that. I am aware of your initial suggestion, please keep this in mind while you read the rest of my post. I stand by everything I said below, but for clarity's sake, try making a separate suggestion specifically titled "/trade money increment" or something to a similar effect.

---
One of the things Moud mentioned in their reply to you was the /ah feature where hovering over a banknote shows both the written amount (example: 50,000.001) and the actual amount under it in italics (50 thousand). I was under the impression that all banknotes, not just those in /ah, have this feature when hovered over. Edit: I just checked, hovering over a banknote will always show the actual amount of money, regardless of any decimal points ( , or . ) inserted. This works for banknotes inside a /pv, those in your inventory, those in /ah, and those in /trade.

If what I mentioned above isn't a feature outside of /ah, try making a separate suggestion post addressing this issue, it will be better received by the community.

Your other point about adding a "money increments" toggle in the /trade menu could be worthy of its own separate suggestion. Back before MCMMO was removed, the /trade menu had a feature for toggling between money, exp and MCMMO exp. It was slightly unwieldly, as you couldn't give anything other than the preset amounts (...I don't think), and it was confusing for new players that didn't know how to use the feature, but it did exist. Try making another separate suggestion for this.

(As for the rest of your quoted post - If someone has already made up their mind, when simply hovering over the banknote reveals the actual amount written in italics below the number, then I wish you luck thinking of a good suggestion. It's hard to make things "fool"proof.)
As I mentioned, the actual amount mentioned in italics is what people don't see when hovering on the bank note. They just tend to look at the numbers presented and immediately think it's the right amount without over thinking or checking, which then results to them accepting the trade and getting scammed.

It is not confusing. Mostly everything that people sell ends up with the amounts that jartex implemented in the EXP GUI system. Also for the money in GUI, they can add high number value options since people make more money than EXP. I'm not saying that Banknotes should be removed, but they should just be banned from being used in trades unless jartex can just not allow people to be able to use (.) when withdrawing a bank note because almost no one uses it.

Last edited:

Minecraftian

Addicted Member
No one ever thought you were suggesting the removal of banknotes, no worries. As for the banknotes themselves you may be right, but with the italics there (regardless of whatever a person's first impression is on seeing the number) it's simply up to the person accepting the /trade to protect themselves from scams. You're already being told the exact amount when you hover over a banknote, regardless of what the numbers say. I'll admit that this does affect players that don't know how to read english, and can be confused by the amount said in italics. I also acknowledge that, like you said, removing the ability to make decimal points on banknotes could combat this. It's a tossup on whether this is accepted or not, there is precedent - they removed . in Prison, but it can annoy those that do use it outside of scams.

As for your actual suggestion, I personally find the exp toggle options in the /trade menu to be confusing and prefer to send exp (and money) in /banknotes or /xpbottles.

For the banknote discussion, Neutral.
For your actual suggestion, +1.

_Rinat_

IGN
_Rinat_
-1, absolutely unnecessary as there are anti scam methods mentioned above.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Doytrex

Doytrex

-1, absolutely unnecessary as there are anti scam methods mentioned above.
There is only 1 Anti Scam method to this, not "methods" as you say above. Yet people still fall for it since it's still brain experimental. I personally never even knew about the italics myself bc my focus isn't on them, especially when they're colored grey which is a low quality color that doesn't put your attention to it. But low quality or not, it's still not as safe since people can still only focus on the value presented with numbers without bothering to see the rest of the bank note information presented and just get baited by thinking it's a 1mil banknote. The anti scam method system in the banknote with italics existed for some period of time and I never even knew about it. Some new comers still fall for it. If the developer team didn't like this suggestion, the least they could do is at least remove the decimal feature when withdrawing a bank note because it's useless and no one even uses them. I honestly think that the GUI money feature should also be added since it's cool and a safe feature. Again, it's not up to me to decide but the developers, but this is my idea

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Doytrex

Doytrex

No one ever thought you were suggesting the removal of banknotes, no worries. As for the banknotes themselves you may be right, but with the italics there (regardless of whatever a person's first impression is on seeing the number) it's simply up to the person accepting the /trade to protect themselves from scams. You're already being told the exact amount when you hover over a banknote, regardless of what the numbers say. I'll admit that this does affect players that don't know how to read english, and can be confused by the amount said in italics. I also acknowledge that, like you said, removing the ability to make decimal points on banknotes could combat this. It's a tossup on whether this is accepted or not, there is precedent - they removed . in Prison, but it can annoy those that do use it outside of scams.

As for your actual suggestion, I personally find the exp toggle options in the /trade menu to be confusing and prefer to send exp (and money) in /banknotes or /xpbottles.

For the banknote discussion, Neutral.
For your actual suggestion, +1.
Yes it does effect players that don't know how to read english or players who don't have much experience in numbers or get confused with numbers which throws away their focus from the decimal or the information presented below which is why there should be 0 risks of getting scammed for the bank note withdrawal. Yes they're not good at numbers but they can always use google to help them or think slowly but they could easily get brain experimented and baited by these decimals due to that. Also please read my response to _Rinat_ to tell you why people in general can still get scammed by the bank note withdrawal decimal trick.

Last edited:

Minecraftian

Addicted Member
I think the problem with your suggestion is the way you presented it. Your suggestion title is vague, and your actual "/trade money toggle" suggestion is buried halfway into a wall of text. The discussion about banknotes and whatnot just further derailed away from your /trade toggle suggestion, which I (and others, probably) don't have any issues with. By mentioning the banknote scams, and everyone hyperfocusing on that, your suggestion turned into a downvote spam.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Doytrex

Doytrex

I think the problem with your suggestion is the way you presented it. Your suggestion title is vague, and your actual "/trade money toggle" suggestion is buried halfway into a wall of text. The discussion about banknotes and whatnot just further derailed away from your /trade toggle suggestion, which I (and others, probably) don't have any issues with. By mentioning the banknote scams, and everyone hyperfocusing on that, your suggestion turned into a downvote spam.
My title was further explained in the suggestion. People trade money using banknotes, and safer represents scammers so nothing derailed. It's simple and clear, but thanks for your opinion

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Doytrex

Doytrex

Also I never mentioned anything about "trade toggle or trade money toggle"? I mentioned about adding a GUI money trade feature in /trade just like the implemented EXP feature atm

Minecraftian

Addicted Member
That's just how I imagined your suggestion - to add an icon in the /trade menu that lets you switch ("toggle") between the EXP feature we currently have and a money feature. If a whole new row were added (so that both exp AND money are shown at the same time) you would lose a whole row of inventory slots. By adding a single icon to switch between "Money increment" and "Exp increment" there would be less space lost.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Doytrex

Doytrex

That's just how I imagined your suggestion - to add an icon in the /trade menu that lets you switch ("toggle") between the EXP feature we currently have and a money feature. If a whole new row were added (so that both exp AND money are shown at the same time) you would lose a whole row of inventory slots. By adding a single icon to switch between "Money increment" and "Exp increment" there would be less space lost.
Ye well this works too. The exp rows that are currently in the /trade gui can be in a separated GUI. For example, having a category named "add money with a banknote icon" and when u click on that, it takes u to another GUI with the money inventory slots and the same idea goes for the EXP. The money row options don't need to be on the actual trade GUI, but can have it's own separated GUI by adding a category for both money and exp (Category names: add money, add EXP with EXP and Money icons) and by clicking on one the categories, it takes you to a GUI separated from the trade GUI with the money and exp options which prevents /trade from being a mess and also increases space.

Status
Not open for further replies.