Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied SBD Trading money safer to prevent scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytrex

Minecraft Username:
Doytrex​

What is your suggestion's title?
Trading money safer to prevent scammers​

Suggestion Details:
Hello, I want to suggest something small for the skyblock game mode, something that will make the game more clean and safe from scammers. Let me start by stating the problem. Some scammers use bank notes as bait so that they can gain more value from the trade. For example, people using 1,111.111 or 1,000.001 with a dot. and 3 other numbers at the end so that people think it's a 1mil bank note, when in reality it isn't and many people fall for it because there are new comers who are not aware of that trick and still fall for it for not focusing on (.) being placed there, due to it looking nearly identical to the comma. This is why I suggest making it so you can like trade money directly using the trade gui just like how trading EXP is possible by using the trade gui. It's much safer this way. I'm mentioning this idea now because I realized how this scamming trick is effective due to my friend that just joined the server who recently got scammed from it after paying him a big amount of money to start. Just wanted to suggest a simple idea before the reset starts and thought it would help jartex decrease rule breakers in general.​
King regards,​
Doytrex​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
It prevents scammers from finding ways to outsmart new comers, and makes jartexnetwork safer and cleaner.​

Extra Information:
Thanks for reading my suggestion​

Last edited:

ShirakamiKazuo

Donator
Donator
IGN
ShirakamiKazuo
Hello Doytrex,

After reading your Suggestion, I decided to give it a
Neutral.

I don't really know if you're suggesting another thing because /trade is a thing and that's what you're suggesting if I'm not wrong. Well, if you saw a player selling these things in /ah again you can take a screenshot and report them here Player Reports so no players will get scammed by the said scammer.
Kind Regards,
- ShirakamiKazuo

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
Minecraft Username:
Doytrex​

What is your suggestion's title?
Trading money safer to prevent scammers​

Suggestion Details:
Hello, I want to suggest something small for the skyblock game mode, something that will make the game more clean and safe from scammers. Let me start by stating the problem. Some scammers use bank notes as bait so that they can gain more value from the trade. For example, people using 1,000.000 with a dot. and 3 zeros at the end so that people think it's a 1mil bank note, when in reality it isn't and many people fall for it because there are new comers who are not aware of that trick and still fall for it for not focusing on (.) being placed there, due to it looking nearly identical to the comma. This is why I suggest making it so you can like trade money directly using the trade gui just like how trading EXP is possible by using the trade gui. It's much safer this way. I'm mentioning this idea now because I realized how this scamming trick is effective due to my friend that just joined the server who recently got scammed from it after paying him a big amount of money to start. Just wanted to suggest a simple idea before the reset starts and thought it would help jartex decrease rule breakers in general.​
King regards,​
Doytrex​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
It prevents scammers from finding ways to outsmart new comers, and makes jartexnetwork safer and cleaner.​

Extra Information:
Thanks for reading my suggestion​
Suggestion - Neutral

After reviewing your suggestion i decided to be neutral due to:

- i have seen that in prison used too but its something we cant avoid only if developers would delete the option to put a "," when withdrawing something + u can request the person to ./give <ammount> and then u give the item so u can have time to check if the ammount is corectly sent or not.

Have a nice day!

MoudTage_

Staff member
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
IGN
MoudTage_
Hello there!
I've decided to downvote this suggestion for the following reason:
We already have many anti scam methods, being the following:
- When you put your cursor on the banknote it says the value of it, in your case it would say 100.01k Instead of 1 million.
- We have a Trade confirmation while trading with a player so that you can't be scammed.
- You're always requested to confirm before listing an item on auction house, or buying one.
- There's a rule to protect you in-case you find a scam item/banknote on /ah and you can report it on the gameplay report section!
Have a good day!

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Doytrex

Doytrex

Hello Doytrex,

Neutral.

I don't really know if you're suggesting another thing because /trade is a thing and that's what you're suggesting if I'm not wrong. Well, if you saw a player selling these things in /ah again you can take a screenshot and report them here Player Reports so no players will get scammed by the said scammer.
Kind Regards,
- ShirakamiKazuo
Banknotes can be traded using /trade too and people do that due to making a deal with a variety of items to give for the specific amount of money or to prevent other people from buying the item that the person wants to buy from you so Auction house isn't always the case. They trade the banknote in /trade. Some new comers don't know specific prices to each item too which leads them into selling the items all together at once which in this case, Auction houses can't be the way. Also having a solo item deal isn't always the case. People also sell 4 items together at once with a specific price together, and dont allow people to buy them solo which results in /trade banknote deals and new comers still fall for the bank note value trick with the dot

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Doytrex

Doytrex

Hello there!
I've decided to downvote this suggestion for the following reason:
We already have many anti scam methods, being the following:
- When you put your cursor on the banknote it says the value of it, in your case it would say 100.01k Instead of 1 million.
- We have a Trade confirmation while trading with a player so that you can't be scammed.
- You're always requested to confirm before listing an item on auction house, or buying one.
- There's a rule to protect you in-case you find a scam item/banknote on /ah and you can report it on the gameplay report section!
Have a good day!
Hello there moud,

People tend to focus on the 0s being shown and tend to immediately believe it's the right amount. The value (k) is separated from the number value which makes new comers not think about seeing down in the bank note. The 0s is what gets them, and they don't tend to focus on the . being placed since it looks identical. New comers mostly fall for it. I just don't see why the EXP feature in the /trade GUI is available while the money feature is not. Devs already coded the EXP GUI feature and all they have to do is add the same code but change it to trading money instead which wont take as much work.

Confirmation in /trade isn't gonna help new comers not believe it's a 1mil banknote. It could help if someone becomes aware in that 5 seconds of the confirmation, but not everyone does. Yes it's an Anti-Scam but not a 100% guaranteed Anti-Scam. Some people would believe and already have made up their mind that it's a 1mil banknote and get on the with the trade and by then they already have lost their items. Believe me when I say it but new comers are clueless sometimes.

Auction house isn't always the case for doing deals. Deals r made in /trade sometimes and that's explained to my above response separated from the response to you (read it)

Reporting it means that you were aware of it being a scam which already means you protected yourself from the situation. I'm talking about the people who fell for it and lost. Again I'm not talking about Auction house, I'm talking about /trade scams (banknote for items). People would've already lost their items before reporting it so there is no point to mention the report thing because it won't benefit them from the loss that happened to them.

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Doytrex

Doytrex

Hello Doytrex,

Neutral.

Kind Regards,
- ShirakamiKazuo
Not talking about auction house, I'm talking about banknote trades for items in /trade. People still trade banknotes for items. Me reporting the scammers doesn't fix the loss that happened to me, so it won't benefit me but only others. I'm suggesting this so no one has to go through this kind of scam in the future and lose something. There will always be new scammers no matter how many times I report so it's better to counter that problem rather than rely on reports. It's just safer and better this way, just like how the EXP GUI trade is already implemented.

Minecraftian

Addicted Member
Hello there moud,

People tend to focus on the 0s being shown and tend to immediately believe it's the right amount. The value (k) is separated from the number value which makes new comers not think about seeing down in the bank note. The 0s is what gets them, and they don't tend to focus on the . being placed since it looks identical. New comers mostly fall for it. I just don't see why the EXP feature in the /trade GUI is available while the money feature is not. Devs already coded the EXP GUI feature and all they have to do is add the same code but change it to trading money instead which wont take as much work.

Confirmation in /trade isn't gonna help new comers not believe it's a 1mil banknote. It could help if someone becomes aware in that 5 seconds of the confirmation, but not everyone does. Yes it's an Anti-Scam but not a 100% guaranteed Anti-Scam. Some people would believe and already have made up their mind that it's a 1mil banknote and get on the with the trade and by then they already have lost their items. Believe me when I say it but new comers are clueless sometimes.

Auction house isn't always the case for doing deals. Deals r made in /trade sometimes and that's explained to my above response separated from the response to you (read it)

Reporting it means that you were aware of it being a scam which already means you protected yourself from the situation. I'm talking about the people who fell for it and lost. Again I'm not talking about Auction house, I'm talking about /trade scams (banknote for items). People would've already lost their items before reporting it so there is no point to mention the report thing because it won't benefit them from the loss that happened to them.
Hello Doytrex,

Edit: The rest of my post is being edited, having reread your initial suggestion. I see that you did suggest a "money toggle increment" feature for /trade, it's just that the discussion moved on from that. I am aware of your initial suggestion, please keep this in mind while you read the rest of my post. I stand by everything I said below, but for clarity's sake, try making a separate suggestion specifically titled "/trade money increment" or something to a similar effect.

---
One of the things Moud mentioned in their reply to you was the /ah feature where hovering over a banknote shows both the written amount (example: 50,000.001) and the actual amount under it in italics (50 thousand). I was under the impression that all banknotes, not just those in /ah, have this feature when hovered over. Edit: I just checked, hovering over a banknote will always show the actual amount of money, regardless of any decimal points ( , or . ) inserted. This works for banknotes inside a /pv, those in your inventory, those in /ah, and those in /trade.

If what I mentioned above isn't a feature outside of /ah, try making a separate suggestion post addressing this issue, it will be better received by the community.

Your other point about adding a "money increments" toggle in the /trade menu could be worthy of its own separate suggestion. Back before MCMMO was removed, the /trade menu had a feature for toggling between money, exp and MCMMO exp. It was slightly unwieldly, as you couldn't give anything other than the preset amounts (...I don't think), and it was confusing for new players that didn't know how to use the feature, but it did exist. Try making another separate suggestion for this.

(As for the rest of your quoted post - If someone has already made up their mind, when simply hovering over the banknote reveals the actual amount written in italics below the number, then I wish you luck thinking of a good suggestion. It's hard to make things "fool"proof.)

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Doytrex

Doytrex

keep posting bad suggestion u posted the suggestion same as u haahahahahaha can't wait till this get denied
Did I do something to you? damn you're tilted, get a break and touch some grass weirdo minecraft virgin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.