Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied PracticePvP Replay System

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldBlock

In Minecraft Username:
EmeraldBlock

What is the suggestion about?
Replay System

Description:
We all know that there are a lot of cheaters and staff team is trying their best to prevent them from getting unfair advantage over other players. Although, they are trying so hard to keep cheaters from ruining the playing experience, there are still tons of them on the server. Whenever I join the Practice server, all I see is just hackusations. Even though hackusating is not allowed, players never stop accusing other people of cheating. For instance, if a new player comes onto the server and starts playing, all he/she will be seeing are going to be hackusations. This is actually not good for the reputation of the server. Therefore, a replay plugin would be extremely helpful both for the chat and the experience the server gives to its players. If you see a player getting unfair advantage, you should report them to keep the server clean. However, this could become a long process. In order to report a cheater, you first need to record them, upload the proof to the internet and then attach the link of the evidence to the report. With the Replay Plugin, staff will be able to watch the matches and decide if a player is legit or not. I know that it would take a lot of time to code the plugin but if JartexNetwork actually manages to make the Replay Plugin come true, catching cheaters will be much easier for the staff team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-Console Bans:

The Replay Plugin can be used for console bans. It is widely known that console bans both a lot of legit players and cheaters. If the plugin gets implemented, staff will be able to watch the replay and decide if the player was cheating or not.

Commands and Additional information:

The Replay Plugin will start recording the match whenever the player sends cheat alerts. The replay of the match will be stored on the server. Staff will be able to access the reports using the command: /report chat
This command will open up a special chat that can be only accessed by the staff team. After running the command, all of the reports will appear. The chat will look like this:
1-Match replay of <player name>
2-Match replay of <player name>
3-Match replay of <player name>
4-Match replay of <player name>
5-Match replay of <player name>
The reports will be listed like this and staff members will be able to click on the chat messages to watch the replay or run a command that will open the replay of a specific player. The command can be something like: /report watch <player name>
After watching the report, staff will decide whether it is false or true. They will be able to type the following commands:
/report true <player name> or /report false <player name>
If they type the command "/report true", console will permanently ban the player. (Automatically)
If they type the command "/report false", console will unban the player automatically so staff will not have to type any other commands to ban/unban him/her.

Benefits:
Dealing with console bans will be much easier for the staff team. It will be saving a lot of time. Most of the cheaters are going to be caught. Legit players will be unbanned easily.

Additional Notes:
If this suggestion gets accepted, JartexNetwork should consider implementing this plugin to the whole server. (Factions, Mini-games etc.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2-Player Reports:
Players are also going be able to report their opponent. The Replay Plugin will automatically record everything during the match. After the match finishes, a message will appear on the chat and it will say something like this: "Report the replay of the match."
The player will be able to report their opponent. In order to report them, they will click on the message and a confirmation message will appear, the player will type the command: /report confirm
After they type the command, the replay of the match will be added to another special chat that is only made for player reports. In order to open the special chat, staff members will type the following command: /playerreport chat
Every single report that is made by the players will be able to be seen there:
1-Match replay of <player name>, reported by <player name>
2-Match replay of <player name>, reported by <player name>
3-Match replay of <player name>, reported by <player name>
4-Match replay of <player name>, reported by <player name>
5-Match replay of <player name>, reported by <player name>
The staff member will click on the report or run a command (like I mentioned earlier) to watch the replay of the match.
The command that can be used to watch the replay: /playerreport watch <player name>
Staff will decide the player's legitimacy. After that, they will type either:
/playerreport accept <the name of the player who was reported> or /playerreport deny <the name of the player who was reported>

If the staff member type the command "/report accept", that will be equivalent to an accepted report just like on the forums. (The player will be banned permanently by console.
If they type the command "/report deny", the report is going to be denied and the player will not be punished.

Additional Information:
1-Players who have Pro or Mythic rank will be able to use the replay feature to reduce lag.
2-Players will have a maximum of 3 minutes to report their opponent. If they choose not to report him/her, the replay will be permanently deleted.
3-Players are going to be able to activate and deactivate the plugin. It will not affect other players and will be a personal setting.
/matchreplay on: Activates the plugin. The matches are going to be recorded.
/matchreplay off: Deactivates the plugin. The matches are not going to be recorded.
4-Players are not going to be able to activate/deactivate the plugin during the match.

Benefits:
Players will be able to report cheaters easily by just clicking on a chat message.

Additional Notes:
If the Practice server is too powerful (has the capacity for handling all of the stuff mentioned above), JartexNetwork should consider allowing other players to use this feature as well.

All of the Commands (Staff):
  • /report chat
  • /report watch <player name>
  • /report true <player name>
  • /report false <player name>
  • /playerreport chat
  • /playerreport watch <player name>
  • /playerreport accept <the name of the player who was reported>
  • /playerreport deny <the name of the player who was reported>
All of the Commands (Players):
  • /report confirm
  • /matchreplay on
  • /matchreplay off

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
The process of banning cheaters will get much more efficient and JartexNetwork will be able to give the best experience to its players. It will be extremely beneficial for the server.

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
E

EmeraldBlock

THE DESCRIPTION PART WILL BE UPDATED SOON.
FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE ADDED.

xTappinq

Addicted Member
Neutral

I like the suggestion but: 1) I don't think a command to notify staff members should be added. 2) That could cause some lag but I'm not sure. I've seen another server having this feature so it's possible. This could also help with the console bans so we could go and watch what the player was doing some seconds before he gets banned so we can either unban him or ban him permanently if he was cheating. I think if this gets accepted they could make it so it doesn't record every game but it should start recording whenever someone sends reach alerts etc so it can reduce the lag.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
E

EmeraldBlock

Neutral

I like the suggestion but: 1) I don't think a command to notify staff members should be added. 2) That could cause some lag but I'm not sure. I've seen another server having this feature so it's possible. This could also help with the console bans so we could go and watch what the player was doing some seconds before he gets banned so we can either unban him or ban him permanently if he was cheating. I think if this gets accepted they could make it so it doesn't record every game but it should start recording whenever someone sends reach alerts etc so it can reduce the lag.
Thank you very much for your reply.
A special chat can be added to the server just for the reports. For example, if you type /reportchat the special chat that is only made for reports will open. You will be able to see every single report that is listed in an organized way (So staff members are not going to be notified unless they open the special chat). In order to watch the replay, you can click on the report or run a command that will instantly send the staff member to the replay. After watching the replay, the staff member will type a command that will flag the replay either as false or true. If it is not false, the console will ban the player permanently. If it is false, the console will unban the player automatically. Banning process could be automatic so staff team wouldn't have to deal with banning/unbanning ect.

I agree with the second reason you have given. However, there are a lot of people bypassing the anti-cheat too. A solution needs to be found for that.

Thank you so much for replying. I will update the description. (The notification part and some other stuff that you have mentioned.)

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
E

EmeraldBlock

THE DESCRIPTION PART HAS BEEN UPDATED. I TRIED TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING IN A DETAILED WAY. I SUGGEST YOU TO READ EVERY SINGLE DETAIL. IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU AGREE/DISAGREE, DO NOT HESITATE REPLYING. THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE REPLIED. YOU HELPED ME IMPROVE MY SUGGESTION A LOT.

DylanFromSipp

I play practice pvp a lot and I feel it could be beneficial, because like you said recording, rendering, posting on the forums is a little bit of a hassle due to the fact my computer isn’t the very best. This plugin COULD be used across all game modes that are on the server. I will give it a +1 because I notice more positive things than negative in my opinion.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
E

EmeraldBlock

I play practice pvp a lot and I feel it could be beneficial, because like you said recording, rendering, posting on the forums is a little bit of a hassle due to the fact my computer isn’t the very best. This plugin COULD be used across all game modes that are on the server. I will give it a +1 because I notice more positive things than negative in my opinion.
Thank you very much for your feedback :D If you have got any questions, feel free to reply.

marijn08

Donator
Donator
-1 bc big servers make it doesn’t mean small server like jartex needs to have it cuz it will lagg practice.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
E

EmeraldBlock

-1 bc big servers make it doesn’t mean small server like jartex needs to have it cuz it will lagg practice.
Not all of the players are going to be able to use this feature. Players who have Pro or Mythic rank will be able to use it. I am pretty sure the server has the capacity for handling all of the stuff that were mentioned in the description part. It is going to be extremely beneficial for the console bans too.

marijn08

Donator
Donator
Not all of the players are going to be able to use this feature. Players who have Pro or Mythic rank will be able to use it. I am pretty sure the server has the capacity for handling all of the stuff that were mentioned in the description part. It is going to be extremely beneficial for the console bans too.
+1 if it wont effect server performances but it will

sodaic

Addicted Member
Suspended
It's being implemented into many practice servers, lately. It's a useful asset, especially with people that have access to mods to make it looks like you're hacking from their perspective. Though it's already a mod and its free and widely used too. It shouldn't notify staff that's stupid. Shouldn't cause lag to practice, at max there's like 150 players online practice a few times, a lot of the time it's lower. I also hate the argument "big servers have it", Arcane and PvPLand (not skeppy's server) for example, they don't lag at all. +1. Just make sure it would actually work lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.