Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted Replace the filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Minecraft Username:
iCare_​

What is your suggestion's title?
Replace the filter​

Suggestion Details:
Don't count msgs to whatever message counter there is if message doesn't fit "filter" parameters (25 letters, 6 words).​
The filter is annoying and just makes people type useless stuff which is a waste of time to read.​
Let us post short messages just don't count it for badges and stuff.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
Makes forums serve its purpose - communication, and not just macro posting​

Extra Information:
Let's see if this takes at least 3 years to accept and implement.​
Also dont expect a reply I'm probably not visiting forums for another 6 months good bye​

Unrefunded

Donator
Donator
IGN
Unrefunded
The word and character limit is in place to prevent chan behavior, like-farming, and otherwise not contributing to a discussion/suggestion. Outright removing the filter would encourage people to post "useless stuff" including but not limited to "Ez" "L" "Carried" "Bozo" as single messages. The server team will need to have staff dedicated to handling the resulting bad faith reports and other issues that would follow.

If you truly need to make a post that is under the character limit, simply pad it out with "useless stuff" - 'writing for character limit', 'actual message inside spoilers' 'ignore: woijf eo awif jwaoj wa;j'.

The filter is here for a reason.
Even if the filter is there, people can still use 6 words to trash talk, that is nothing hard, a 3-year-old can make a 6-word+ phrase to trash talk. The removal of filters won't encourage the players to say useless stuff, if they want, then they could have done it much earlier.

The thing is that currently, the filter has more cons than pros. The existence of the filter is just encouraging people to make post macros like:

+1 / Upvoted!

Hello {thread_author},

I appreciate the effort you have made in this suggestion. After reading this suggestion, I have decided to upvote your suggestion due to the following reasons:
  • You are just too adorable.
Have fun playing in JartexNetwork! Have a nice day!

~Regards,
BLABLABLA

No offense to whom made these filters to reply to the threads on the forum, I totally agree with how you guys are using the macros. But the thing is that, do you think that every people in the community need to make such "Official" macros just for the sake of upvoting a suggestion with a single reason without getting caught by the filter?

The filter ain't catching people who swear to other people's moms, ain't catching the people who spam, ain't catching the people who are saying racist words. The filter is just not allowing you to say less than 6 words / 25 characters. Then what's the purpose of the filter?

Yuu

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
UltraFartKnocker
-1. Having a requirement makes the users type more to provide more of a opinion, especially in suggestions, and allows them to interact with one another instead of a single 2 letter message of "-1".
Suggestion - Upvote

Hello Yuu,
After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to Upvote/+1

Yours Truly,
Player

yea dud helps a lot

Mack

Donator
Donator
IGN
lpwmack_17
Suggestion - Upvote (+1)

Hey stupxd,

I decided to give your Suggestion “Replace the filter” an
Upvote (+1)

"Agreeed"

I hope that this Gets Accepted, And Goodluck with this.

Goodluck!

Rodagave115

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Suggestion - ACCEPTED

Hello, stupxd​
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network. I am glad to tell you that your suggestion has been accepted.​
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!​
Kind Regards,​
~ Rodagave115

Status
Not open for further replies.