Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Re-enable disguise options in creative

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbbbb

Addicted Member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Events Builder
IGN
bbbbbbb
Minecraft Username:
bbbbbbb​

What is your suggestion's title?
Re-enable disguise options in creative​

Suggestion Details:
Please re-enable disguise options in creative. The options offer a diversity of customisations to the standard disguise type and offer a ton of fun for disguises as it allows us to be creative with what we turn into, such as:​
A burning and glowing vertical horse carrying a chest with it's mouth open,​
Or,​
A primed TNT with a red name tag in bold: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.​
For many donators, this is the FUN part of the disguise plugin, we are grateful for the many new disguises added to creative and /trails being finally fixed, but i think the options being removed take away a huge part of the allure of the disguises feature and can turn away potential donators from buying their ranks when they find out from existing donators that every disguise option (except for setBlock for falling block) is locked.​
Hence, i suggest for ALL disguises options to be enabled in creative, except for:​
AREA_EFFECT_CLOUD​
setRadius (can be abused to cause a lot of lag)​
SLIME, PHANTOM​
setSize (it's only use is for trolling)​
GLOBAL​
setInvisible (why have a disguise if others cant see it?)​
And certain disguise options to be enabled alongside rules that will be enforced if donators abuse them​
Player/Staff Impersonation​
-PLAYER​
--setName​
--setDisplayedInTab​
GLOBAL​
-setCustomName​
-setCustomNameVisible​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
For those looking at this suggestion, please take a look at this:​
I think the "disguise options were never intended in the first place" argument does not make sense; If they were never intended, they would not have been available in the first place. Jartex needs to listen to what the playerbase wants, what the donators PAID for, and not just fix some small issues by disabling almost every single option. This is by far the dumbest change I have ever seen in JN Creative, which i have been a loyal player of, since mid 2016.​
Accepting this suggestion will be a good change for JartexNetwork as it will show that the server cares about the playerbase, and can help in alleviating Jartex's imfamous reputation of money being the only thing the server cares about.​

Extra Information:
To even further make sure that this suggestion is in line with what the playerbase wants, I had interviewed some donators in creative and compiled a list of their thoughts about the disguise features being removed.​
Please take a look at what the ranked players have to say about the removal of disguise options if the above isnt enough to convince yall to add disguise options back.​
(Architect) Hannah_Eilish: "we wanted to get it back bc it's more fun"​
(Architect) aiikori :"Mhh i dont know what to say tbh, but i think those commands make the disguises funnier"​
(Architect) naranbaatr :"bad"​
(Creator) clodverse_ :"i think its good we have new disguises but i don't think it was good taking out all the options"​
(Creator) IceyJewel :"terrible because then it will be less fun and it wont really be for rp"​
(Creator) dismal :"the options were what made /d fun and customisable, i miss them and want them back"​
(Creator) 19Z :"ig without it it will be boring"​
(Creator) _4sh :"nono is cool to have them back so lets try to put them back-"​
(Designer) Roseey_ :"yes add them back."​
(Architect) Yunhyeong: *wants disguise options added back too because Roseey_ does*​
This is what the paying players want, and a big part of what the paying players paid for. I'd even compare the removal of disguise options to scamming us of our money, which is very ironic given that scamming is apparently a rule in creative. Yall really be breaking your own rules smh.​
That said, i dont see a reason why this suggestion should be denied, and i have put in a lot of effort into writing everything out too. If denied, there better be a very good reason for it instead of the standard template without any reasons:​
Suggestion - DENIED​
Hello, bbbbbb​
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network. After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to deny it.​
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!​
Kind Regards,​
(username)​
As always i cant stress enough that the past few updates and fixes on creative has been really amazing and i want to thank Rodagave115 Rodagave115 for all the hard work on the creative server. I might have been a little harsh in the suggestion so apologies in advance for that, but i see a very big missed opportunity to make creative much more fun, in the disguise options being removed. Please.​
Edit 1: added another player's opinion to the list​

Last edited:

UpperGround

Staff member
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
Team Events Builder
Hello bb, bbbbbbb!

Okay so as many people that are reading this suggestion would know, I no-life creative, I've 4 months of playtime and I've been a donator for approximately 1.5 years. Since I've been online in creative more than all other players including most of our staff members, I think I'll be able to give a more-or-less more valid response to these disguise options.

WHAT IS DISGUISE, AND OPTIONS?

Okay so a small introduction for non-creative players and people who are unfamiliar with this command; /disguise (al: /dis or /d) allow players to disguise into other objects, whether this be mobs, entities or other falling blocks. An extremely simple example would be "/disguise Llama" What this does is, as you guessed; turns you into a Llama, so you will appear to be a Llama to other players.

Before the Disguise Options were removed, you could add some spice to your disguises. For instance if you disguised yourself as a parrot, you could use "setColor" to choose what color you want your disguise-parrot to be. "setSpinning”, for instance, would make you continuously spin in the direction you are looking at. There are tens of other options and these were the basic ones. You could also combine these options to create absurd yet amusing things like what 7b above.

WHY SHOULD THEY BE ADDED BACK?

Alright so first of all, disguises allow variety, and thus more fun and entertainment for the ranked community. Disguises are very-well useless and literally bland without all these options. For roleplaying, you might say, A simple Horse is less fun and un-practical rather than a horse that's standing on its legs and has a custom name. Although I'll have to go against 7b's reasoning for the suggestion: "I think the "disguise options were never intended in the first place" argument does not make sense;". Removing a "feature" because it had not been intended is absolutely fine, but so is making a suggestion to bring that feature back!

These options were one of the main aspects for me to want and to get a rank on jartex: to be able to morph myself into these weird looking-yet fun animals. Along with me, I'm sure many other players have been motivated by this such-fun feature to purchase their ranks. (this is similar to /kittycannon, I was extraordinarily pissed when I learnt that /kittycannon wasn't working although it was listed as a perk of Architect Rank.) I have observed from my time being on Creative, that people with Ranks also RolePlay a lot with unranked people. Disguises are (were) one of the most prominent aspects of RolePlaying in creative. Removing these options saddened the Ranked Community (as seen above) along with the rest of the playerbase.

There aren't many things to do in Creative ( Talking from experience :') ). You build, chat, and here and there you go do some roleplaying. Some small features like this Disguise, and especially playing and messing with its options were great for killing time and it also allowed for more interaction with other people. These were one of the more entertaining aspects of Creative, since "just building" or "just chatting" might come as lame or boring to some people. I assume that all players of creative would agree that Disguises WITH its options were fun. And I'm also entirely sure no one would argue otherwise.

Overall, These options were doing NO harm to the Creative, and were definitely increasing the overall fun in the gamemode. Removing these disguises will do nothing other than... just... removing them? Disguises are meaningless without its options. The whole ranked community wants these options back, and I, personally see this as an overly cogent reason to implement this suggestion.

SOME POSSIBLE RESTRICTIONS ON THESE OPTIONS

Okay so I think we all can agree that these disguise options can be used maliciously if they aren't properly regulated. I'll start off by going against some of what 7b said, though I'd like to say that most of his suggestions are sensible. In this section I'll be listing my opinions on each.

=X=
AREA_EFFECT_CLOUD
setRadius (can be abused to cause a lot of lag)

It's true that it can cause a lag, but prohibiting the option "setRadius <#>" ENTIRELY wouldn't make much sense. What I'm suggesting is that we could instead cap how big the radius can be. For instance the maximum radius could be 5.

=X=
SLIME, PHANTOM
setSize (it's only use is for trolling)

Nope, instead it would make more sense to determine a maximum size, like 5 or 10. Some people were doing setSize 50 to get almost a full-plot-sized slime. Capping the maximum size should be enough.

=x=
GLOBAL
setInvisible (why have a disguise if others cant see it?)

There's no reason to disable this option. You might be playing hide n seek of some sort, or you could just want others to not see you. setInvisible is a great alternative for invis potions since they are disabled.

=X=
And certain disguise options to be enabled alongside rules that will be enforced if donators abuse them

Player/Staff Impersonation
-PLAYER
--setName
--setDisplayedInTab

GLOBAL
-setCustomName
-setCustomNameVisible

I personally think disguising into players should be totally disabled. No reason to let people disguise themselves into other players.
setCustomName and setCustomNameVisible were honestly one of my favourite options. and I personally think that the "Inappropriate Nicknames" rule should apply to this option.

OVERALL

Overall, removing Disguise Options does no good. They might have not been intended when Creative first resetted, but they weren't harmful, contrarily, they were fun, and entertaining for the people who paid for their ranks. It's unjust to take away a feature that was there when the people paid for it.

To the staff; If this suggestion gets denied, I'd be more than happy to know why! Thanks :)

-also sorry if there are grammar mistakes all over the place

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
bbbbbb

bbbbbb

Addicted Member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Events Builder
IGN
bbbbbbb
Damn your reply is longer than my suggestion itself LOLLL

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Extra Information:
To even further make sure that this suggestion is in line with what the playerbase wants, I had interviewed some donators in creative and compiled a list of their thoughts about the disguise features being removed.​
Please take a look at what the ranked players have to say about the removal of disguise options if the above isnt enough to convince yall to add disguise options back.​
(Architect) Hannah_Eilish: "we wanted to get it back bc it's more fun"​
(Architect) aiikori :"Mhh i dont know what to say tbh, but i think those commands make the disguises funnier"​
(Architect) naranbaatr :"bad"​
(Creator) clodverse_ :"i think its good we have new disguises but i don't think it was good taking out all the options"​
(Creator) IceyJewel :"terrible because then it will be less fun and it wont really be for rp"​
(Creator) 19Z :"ig without it it will be boring"​
(Creator) _4sh :"nono is cool to have them back so lets try to put them back-"​
(Designer) Roseey_ :"yes add them back."​
(Architect) Yunhyeong: *wants disguise options added back too because Roseey_ does*​
This is what the paying players want, and a big part of what the paying players paid for. I'd even compare the removal of disguise options to scamming us of our money, which is very ironic given that scamming is apparently a rule in creative. Yall really be breaking your own rules smh.​
That said, i dont see a reason why this suggestion should be denied, and i have put in a lot of effort into writing everything out too. If denied, there better be a very good reason for it instead of the standard template without any reasons:​
Suggestion - DENIED​
Hello, bbbbbb​
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network. After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to deny it.​
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!​
Kind Regards,​
(username)​
As always i cant stress enough that the past few updates and fixes on creative has been really amazing and i want to thank Rodagave115 Rodagave115 for all the hard work on the creative server. I might have been a little harsh in the suggestion so apologies in advance for that, but i see a very big missed opportunity to make creative much more fun, in the disguise options being removed. Please.​
thank god you didnt ask TheIceyStars TheIceyStars
anyways +1

Xerrainrin

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
Xerrainrin
This will bring back fun to Creative if they we're Added back, As UpperGround UpperGround and bbbbbb bbbbbb already explain it. +1

Good luck with you're Suggestion

Savixen_

I agree that the Disguise options should be Re-enabled Cause without them it's kind of boring. You can turn into anything you want, but That's it for the most part, and the Disguise options allowed you to customize them, which made it fun to play around with them. I personally really enjoyed having them and hope they are added back

Good luck with your suggestion and +1
bai bai

Sp4rkxdd

IGN
Sp4rkxdd
+1 Yeah i want that Disguise open re-enable again

Status
Not open for further replies.