Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Ranked parkour

Status
Not open for further replies.

krsy123

Addicted Member
IGN
krsy123
Minecraft Username:
krsy123​

What is the suggestion about?
Ranked parkour​

Description:
Hello. So, before anything, this suggestion is indeed simple but, it is gonna be a bit long. So, first off, before going into explaining the suggestion, I did some search first so I check if what I am suggesting has been suggested before, and, I haven't seen any suggestions about this topic (RANKED Parkour). And since it hasn't been suggested (I believe so) then I'll suggest it myself.

So, if you couldn't tell already, this suggestion is for Practice PVP. We all know it has lots of game modes, correct? Like, y'know that you have Build UHC, HCF, no-de-buff, spleef, sumo, and the list, goes on and on.

And not only that, there is also an unranked variant and a ranked variant. But not all game modes have a ranked variant, like for example, spleef. It only exists in unranked. But doesn't exist in ranked. However, today, we aren't talking about Spleef, no, not at all actually. We're however talking about something that is in the same situation that Spleef is in, Parkour.

Parkour only has two maps. Two. Maps. And not only that, it only exists in unranked, meaning it does not have a ranked variant. But why? Well, the answer to this could be obvious for some and not-so-obvious for others. Either way, you could tell me that there's no ranked variant for parkour since it isn't a pvp gamemode? y'know, it isn't PVP related. Since it's literally called Practice PVP. Well, I can give you that, it is indeed not a Player versus Player game mode.. Or.. is it? Regarding the earlier question, some other people might say that ranked parkour doesn't exist because it isn't a competitive gamemode? Well, I humbly disagree. It is competitive since it requires skill. Unlike spleef, if the BEST spleef player ever does a mistake, the opponent can win the game if they reacted quickly to the enemy's mistake. Therefore, it is both luck based AND skill based. BUT, that is not the case for parkour. You can't get lucky in parkour, parkour requires skill. A lot, of skill. In many factors, like, where do you have to look when you perform a specific jump, shortcuts, timing sprints, timing jumps, memorizing the map and the list goes on.

So. You might be asking now. After that last paragraph, what exactly is your point?
Well, it is that parkour deserves a ranked variant. Because it is as competitive and as skill based as other game modes that have a ranked variant. I hope that I was able to successfully get my point across and that the people reading this suggestion fully understood my point. If not, I am happy to discuss it in the replies. If yes, then let's get to the other paragraph.

Anyway, now, you might be asking the following question:
What difference would ranked parkour have from unranked parkour?
Easy answer. Unranked will let's say have 5 maps. That vary in difficulty BUT never too hard. However, ranked, will have 5 different maps that aren't in unranked, and those will be really hard with different tricks that require skill and speed to be able to win it in time.

Also, should've said that wayyy earlier but, I am suggesting that for the next reset obviously, not the current reset.

Anyways, thank you for reading my suggestion!​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
It'll make players that enjoy playing parkour in practice have a better experience since there'll be more difficulty and more maps.​

EMF123

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
EMF123
I've decided to give this a +1 because reasons stated by yourself

xd_banana

Donator
Donator
-1 for several reasons

All your reasons are valid despite the fact that you have not stated that practice lacks parkour players. Sure - ranked parkour can be as competitive as other game modes but it is simply a lot more repetitive compared to nodebuff or build uhc. Practice is based around the style of fighting one on one with tools that you learn to get better at utilizing which is the main purpose of ranked.

Also,
adding this messes up everyone’s current ELO so I doubt it would get added this season.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
krsy123

krsy123

Addicted Member
IGN
krsy123
-1 for several reasons

All your reasons are valid despite the fact that you have not stated that practice lacks parkour players. Sure - ranked parkour can be as competitive as other game modes but it is simply a lot more repetitive compared to nodebuff or build uhc. Practice is based around the style of fighting one on one with tools that you learn to get better at utilizing which is the main purpose of ranked.

Also,
adding this messes up everyone’s current ELO so I doubt it would get added this season.
Hey. First off.
(practice lacks parkour players)
That is just untrue, when practice lobby is full, I see a lot of people playing parkour.

(adding this messes up everyone's current ELO so I doubt it would get added this season)
You should check the last few words in my suggestion. I said that I am not suggesting them to add it this season, however next reset. So it will not really mess anyone's ELO because when (if) it is added, everyone's ELO will reset.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
krsy123

krsy123

Addicted Member
IGN
krsy123
-1, adding ranked parkour is just a joke
Care to further explain why you think that way?
Because I've wrote an entire paragraph backing up my points and it being called a joke without any reasons stated by you is quite an insult.

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Neutral
Reason stated by mango banana above

MerhusDagon

Donator
Donator
Neutral, it's a practice server where most people focus on pvp, but I kinda like parkour.

Status
Not open for further replies.