Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted Punishments for griefing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbbbb

Addicted Member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Events Builder
IGN
bbbbbbb
Minecraft Username:
bbbbbbb​

What is your suggestion's title?
Punishments for griefing​

Suggestion Details:
31d ban first offence​
Permanent ban 2nd offence​
Its disgusting to see certain people derive pleasure from destroying the hard-work of innocent players that believed them by adding or trusting them to their own plots. The victims are often players that just want to have fun expressing their own creativity in their builds and have fun making new friends in the server, making griefed plots extremely painful to witness, regardless of the quality of the initial product before its griefed.​
Yet, these griefers can go around repeating the same thing knowing that they are completely safe and free from the rules of JartexNetwork as the official rules make no mention of any consequence that griefing will incur for the culprit in Creative.​
Hence, I see the need for a rule that prohibits the act of griefing to be implemented in JartexNetwork's Creative server.​
(I am aware that it is not possible to trace down a griefer based on a screenshot of a griefed build alone, a block logging feature for the staff to trace block placements will be great for facilitating the enforcement of this new rule if it is not already available.)​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
As of now i do not see many griefers as compared to 2016-2017, which is actually pretty nice. But, that doesn't mean that this problem is completely eradicated from it's existence. Hence, I still find a need to implement this suggestion.​
As the server grows and recieves more players, this will be a future-proof addition that will still save plenty of plots from being griefed, and their owners from being emotionally hurt by the inconsiderate actions of irresponsible individuals.​
Hence, i do not see any reason why this rule should NOT be implemented in JartexNetwork.​

Extra Information:
Its 1am im on my second cup of tea enjoy my midnight rant on griefers in jartex ty *sip*​

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
bbbbbb

bbbbbb

Addicted Member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Events Builder
IGN
bbbbbbb

Alex

Addicted Member
Suspended
Donator
IGN
Alex_42069
If I'm not wrong, don't you have to give permission for someone to have building "powers" on your build? If so, then just don't give it to random people/people you distrust.
If that's the case, then I'll go with a -1.

Downvoted

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
bbbbbb

bbbbbb

Addicted Member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Events Builder
IGN
bbbbbbb
If I'm not wrong, don't you have to give permission for someone to have building "powers" on your build? If so, then just don't give it to random people/people you distrust.
If that's the case, then I'll go with a -1.

Downvoted
Then what if someone attempts to gain the trust of vulnerable players just so that they can grief their plots?

Newer or younger players might be more gullible than more experienced players, this suggestion is made for this group of players.

What is the harm of implementing this rule? It will discourage new griefers from ruining these players' hardwork which will in turn create a more trusting and friendly community which is one of the main aspects of creative imo?

I can not understand your argument of 'if you dont trust the player then dont let them build' as a result of the things that i have mentioned above. What is your thinking process which led to forming this opinion? Im interested.

Alex

Addicted Member
Suspended
Donator
IGN
Alex_42069
Then what if someone attempts to gain the trust of vulnerable players just so that they can grief their plots?

Newer or younger players might be more gullible than more experienced players, this suggestion is made for this group of players.

What is the harm of implementing this rule? It will discourage new griefers from ruining these players' hardwork which will in turn create a more trusting and friendly community which is one of the main aspects of creative imo?

I can not understand your argument of 'if you dont trust the player then dont let them build' as a result of the things that i have mentioned above. What is your thinking process which led to forming this opinion? Im interested.
Well, it can only create further confusion, with people faking proof, or not showing the full picture. This can easily be manipulated. And if it's a newer member, if someone is griefing him, I honestly doubt that they'll get proof of him/her doing it.

So adding this rule is useless, if you're a experienced member, you won't give randoms permission. And if you're newer, you won't get the required proof for that person to be punished.
So yeah, my vote stays -1.

Just think before you give people build perms

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
bbbbbb

bbbbbb

Addicted Member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Events Builder
IGN
bbbbbbb
Well, it can only create further confusion, with people faking proof, or not showing the full picture. This can easily be manipulated. And if it's a newer member, if someone is griefing him, I honestly doubt that they'll get proof of him/her doing it.

So adding this rule is useless, if you're a experienced member, you won't give randoms permission. And if you're newer, you won't get the required proof for that person to be punished.
So yeah, my vote stays -1.

Just think before you give people build perms
I dont think you had read my suggestion properly. I had already stated something about this on my last paragraph in the suggestion details, please refer to it and let me know about your opinion afterwards.

Idogev1

u can't do something about that, only noobs are getting caught of griefing

UpperGround

Staff member
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
Team Events Builder
u can't do something about that, only noobs are getting caught of griefing
You would be surprised to see how many long-term players with gigantic and beautiful plots get griefed.

Status
Not open for further replies.