Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Update Prison - Reset | April The 7th 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Staff member
Developer
Donator
prisonjartexfullsize.png

Prison - JartexNetwork 2023
April 7th, 2023, 18:00 GMT / 14:00 EST / 13:00 CST / 12:00 MT / 11:00 PST

Hello, dear JartexNetwork players!

Prepare for an exciting new season because we are delighted to announce that a fresh reset is on the horizon. Our efforts to enhance the core mechanics of the game have paid off, and we are proud to reveal the major changes we have made to improve your gameplay experience.

Our team has been working diligently to rebalance and revamp existing features, which we believe will make your gaming experience even more enjoyable than before.
As we move forward with this update, we will continue to remove older features and improve existing ones to secure a bright future for the Prison gamemode.

Below you can find most of the changes we have made and what has been added.
If there is however still something you want to change, feel free to mention it on this thread before its release, we can still consider making the change.

We happily and proudly announce that the official new Prison season will be launching on:

Friday, April 7th, 2023
18:00 GMT / 14:00 EST / 13:00 CST / 12:00 MT / 11:00 PST
play.jartexnetwork.com

Please note:
The release time can be a couple of minutes later, we are trying to reach 8 PM CET.

QpBbjtT.png

🎉 Giveaways

Would you like to give this new season a boosted start? With a free rank and/or free store coupons? Awesome! We are running an Instagram and Twitter give-away for free ranks and store credits, make sure to get yourself involved!​

🕰️ End of the world
To celebrate the end of the season, we will be hosting an end of season event. At around 3 days before the release, we will be placing reset signs at spawn which you can click and claim a number of rewards; Free items, Free gkits, Millions of in-game money, Tons of free experience to level up your overpowered armor. Everyone will be able to finish their rankups because you can get everything for free. You can fight with everyone without the fear of losing your gear you have weeks to gather. So clearly this is the event everyone should participate in! Hop on prison and have fun!​

QpBbjtT.png

📝 Changelog
Here is the list of the changes made for this reset. I highly suggest you give a good read over all of these to make sure you are familiar with the most recent updates and are not missing out on important details.​
🏆 Payouts! Gang Top Rewards
Gather up, recruit only the best Prison players out there, and start the grind for another season of Prison.​
This new season of prison we will have biweekly rewards for the top gangs!​
This will continue until the end of the season which will last exactly 6 weeks or 42 days.​
Every bi-weekly payout will end on a Friday, but the announcement and paying of Iron might be a day or two after that, the gang top will automatically be taken each Friday at 8 PM CET.​
View times of all payouts in the /payouts menu.​
End-of-the-season rewards
🥇 First place: €350 worth of Iron currency.​
🥈 Second place: €250 worth of Iron currency.​
🥉 Third place: €150 worth of Iron currency.​
Bi-weekly rewards
🥇 First place: €75 worth of Iron currency.​
🥈 Second place: €50 worth of Iron currency.​
🥉 Third place: €25 worth of Iron currency.​

🏛️ New! Spawn
Introducing the brand new spawn, the library-themed masterpiece that is sure to leave you spellbound! Get ready to embark on a journey through the world of books and literature, as you delve into this stunning spawn.​
With interactive exhibits and awe-inspiring displays, the library-themed spawn will take you on a journey through time and space, opening up a world of knowledge and discovery for you to explore.​
📖 A new spawn with an library theme.​
✏️ The PVP arena contains an outpost again that you can capture with your gang.​
❓ Looking for some help? There are plenty of NPCs explaining all the features.​
📦 Supply drops will spawn all around the Pvp-Arena​
🔑 A new seasonal crate has been added again.​
👔 New! Prisoner Suit

We're thrilled to introduce the latest addition to our Starter Kit - the brand new Prisoner Suit, which will replace the existing Mine Suits. This stylish and functional suit is an excellent addition to your wardrobe, and we're confident that it will elevate your gaming experience.​
🔴Removed the Mine Suits
As stated earlier, the introduction of the new Prisoner Suit in our game will result in the removal of all existing Mine Suits. The rationale behind this decision is that we believe the Prison gamemode is overcrowded with an excessive number of features, resulting in a confusing gaming experience. Although Mine Suits were initially introduced as a fun way to obtain boosts, we feel that their removal is necessary to streamline the game and make it less overwhelming for players.​
🟢 Introducing the Prisoner Suit
We believe that the concept of suits that boost the player is still a great idea. However, instead of requiring players to unlock and switch between various types of armor, we will introduce a new set - the Prisoner Suit. This suit will serve as the foundation for all Prison players, available from the starter kit.​
As you progress in the game, you can upgrade your Prisoner Suit using crystals. This simplifies the system, making it easier for everyone to understand. Upgrading your suit will grant you access to various boosts, similar to those found in the previous Mine Suits. The following are the boosts you can unlock through upgrading your suit:​
💸 Money Booster
🪙 Token Booster
🧽 Lucky Block Drops Booster
🧰 Treasure Chest Drops Booster
🗝️ Crate Re-roll chance
🌿 Drugs Loot Booster

🪐 New! Pickaxe Orb

We are introducing a brand new Pickaxe Orb - the Perfect Purity Orb.​
This orb grants players the ability to increase their maximum purity multiplier for one hour, once every three hours. With this new Pickaxe Orb, players can enhance their mining experience and obtain even more rewards in the Prison gamemode.​
Get ready to maximize your potential and achieve unprecedented effectiveness of purity with the Perfect Purity Orb!​
You can obtain this orb by purchasing it from Mystery Man.​

🤝 New! Trading

Trading has finally returned to our game with the installation of our new custom trade plugin on the server!​
This plugin enables players to trade their items with each other securely and conveniently within the game. It has been designed with an intuitive user interface, allowing players to navigate and conduct trades effortlessly. The plugin is an excellent solution for players seeking to exchange rare or hard-to-find items.​
We acknowledge the significance of trading in games, and we're delighted to offer it back to our community. The safety and security of our players are our top priority, and we have taken measures to ensure that the plugin is free from any exploits, making it a safe option for all players who wish to trade.​

🚔 New! Anti Cheat

We have conducted thorough testing, and we are highly certain that the latest anti-cheat system is a substantial upgrade from its previous version. With this updated system, you can anticipate a more equitable and pleasurable gaming experience.​
The improved anti-cheat will function with greater effectiveness and efficiency, guaranteeing that all players are competing fairly. This implies that cheating and exploiting will become a thing of the past, and you will be able to relish the game in its intended form.​

🧑 New! Player Profiles

Introducing the all-new Player Profiles feature!​
Say goodbye to the old /stats menu and hello to a wealth of information about every player on Prison.​
With Player Profiles, you can view an array of statistics, including your balance, tokens, beacons, drugs farmed, and much more!​
Additionally, you can filter these profiles by weekly, lifetime, and monthly stats. To access your own profile or someone else's, simply run /profile or /profile <playername>.​
This is your chance to see how you stack up against the competition and track your progress over time.​
So, get ready to dive into the new Player Profiles and see where you stand in the world of Prison!​

👷 Updated! Inmates

Following the removal of Mine Suits, we have found it necessary to revamp the inmates and Crowns. Consequently, the Crowns Shop feature has been entirely eliminated, and the Crowns are now obtainable in the Mystery Man.​
Enchanted Mine Suit ores will no longer be available through your inmates, as these have been fully removed from the game.​
Furthermore, the way inmates operate has undergone a complete overhaul. You can now purchase and upgrade three distinct types of inmates, who will be your cellmate and companion.​
These inmates are as follows:​
💸 Money Inmate
🪙 Token Inmate
🔮 Crystal Inmate
The new inmate system functions differently from its predecessor. You no longer need to allocate space for mining; instead, just place them in your cell, and they will immediately begin earning the specific currency assigned to them. Upgrading these inmates is necessary to progress further, increasing their maximum storage capacity and earning speed. These inmates now serve as your little AFK companion, generating the designated currencies even when you're offline.​

🏆 Updated! Prestiges

We are delighted to announce that our latest update includes changes to the Prestige system, aimed at providing players with a more satisfying progression experience. We understand that Prestige keys have been a concern for some players, and we're happy to let you know that we're addressing this issue head-on.​
⛏️New Prestige Mines
To instill a sense of progression among players and avoid them getting stuck in the spawn mine, we will be introducing mines for Prestige levels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.​
🗝️ Prestige Key Distribution
To prevent players from creating alt accounts to obtain Prestige Keys and inflate the economy, we will be removing the ability to obtain Prestige Keys for Prestige levels that do not require beacons. This means that players will only be able to start earning Prestige Keys at a later stage in the game.​

🔮 Updated! Pickaxe Enchantments
We have made changes to pickaxe enchantments in our latest update. Those changes are the following:​

🔴 Removed Ore Booster enchantment
As a result of the removal of Mine Suits, this enchantment is no longer necessary and has been completely eliminated from the game.​
🔵 Nerfed Token Greed enchantment
Token Greed was buffed last season to include Lucky Block tokens, leading to a massive spike in the token economy when combined with pets and suits. This change has been reverted for the current season, and Token Greed will no longer affect Lucky Blocks. This will ensure a smoother economy for the Prison gamemode.​
🟢 Fixed Prestige Finder enchantment
The inconsistency in prestige finder levels has been resolved, and players can now claim every voucher without any glitches or issues.​

🐅 Updated! Pets
Our most recent update involves the rebalancing of pets in our game to guarantee an enjoyable and fulfilling experience for all players. In line with this objective, we have opted to eliminate a pet that the community has grown to dislike.​
⏫ Removed the Gladiator Pet
It has become apparent that we need to take action regarding this particular pet. While we recognize that some players enjoy the PvP element of the gamemode, we do not want any features to disrupt this critical aspect of the game. For this reason, we have decided to eliminate the Gladiator Pet as it has caused difficulties for most players.​

⏬ Nerfed the Capybara Pet
The adorable furry companion has resulted in significant backlash from the community due to its overpowering abilities when combined with the correct keys and unlocked perks. This has led to a widening gap between affluent and non-affluent players, leaving those without a Capybara pet at a disadvantage. Consequently, we will be implementing nerfs to the abilities of the Capybara pet. It will no longer activate as frequently as before, and its appearance in the Dark Soul shop will also be reduced.​

📊 Updated! Leaderboards
We've added more leaderboards to our server, and we now have daily leaderboards too!​
Leaderboards track different aspects of gameplay, including player stats and more. With these leaderboards, you can see how you stack up against other players in various categories, and track your progress over time.​
We're also excited to introduce our new daily leaderboards. These leaderboards refresh every day and track the top players in various categories for that day.​

This means that players have a chance to see their names on the leaderboard every day and compete for daily rewards.​
We believe that these new leaderboards will add a new level of competition to our server and give players even more reasons to play and improve their skills. It's also a great way to track your progress and see how you're improving over time.​
📬 Misc. Updates & Changes
Multiple small changes have been made, some of these small changes are the following:​
Updated Anticheat.​
Updated payouts menu.​
Removed the default death message.​
Fixed lag issues being caused by Player Shops.​
Added an option to block receiving deliveries from players.​
Added a sorting option in the delivery menu.​
Made delivery menu not go back to main menu upon claiming.​
Added mines for prestige 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.​
Updated chatgames shop.​
Made all prestige costs vouchers soulbound.​
and much more!

⚙️ Fixed! Bugs

We did our best to polish and fix as many existing bugs inside the Prison server.​
We have looked through all the bug reports and managed to fix them. If you come across any bugs with the new release, make sure to report them at our forums under the bug reports section.​

Here are a few of the bugs we squished out:​
Fixed beacon booster not working.​
Fixed crashing issues.​
Fixed backpacks.​
Fixed some player levels not having rewards.​
Fixed issues with the anti-cheat.​
Fixed drugs displaying wrong sometimes.​
Fixed prestiges resetting.​
Fixed losing your items in cells world.​
Fixed kingpin max vitality not working.​
Fixed not being able to fly in all mines.​
Fixed sometimes randomly dying in spawn.​
Fixed all playtime rewards.​
Fixed and re-enabled capybara pet.​
Fixed playtime resetting.​
Fixed losing items when dying in cell world.​
Fixed p900 and p1000 mine not selling all items.​
Fixed Daily Frenzy sometimes not starting.​
and much more!

QpBbjtT.png

📕Questions & Answers
Why does prison reset?
Prison is already up for some time. A reset has to happen to change and improve with lots of excellent new features, to make the game more exciting for you all! This then allows you players to have a fresh start and new players can begin to play without any significant disadvantage.
This means all cells, items, money and the map will be reset. Nothing will be kept leftover from the previous map. I know this must be a disappointing revelation for a lot of you, but think about the exciting new changes, the new alliances you can forge, the new map, the new features and updates the different kinds of gameplay, and style provided with this update will surely make it a worth-while and exciting reset!​
Below you can find what you will lose and one for what you will keep​
What will I lose?
  • Your cells.
  • All items in your inventory and ender chest.
  • Any currencies such as money and exp
  • Chatcolor permissions.
  • Seasonal ranks and perks.
  • Premium Level Pass & Player Levels
  • Level bracket colors.
  • Prestiges.
What will I keep?
  • Purchased Ranks & Rank Upgrades.
  • Purchased Perks.
  • Won out of crates commands/ranks.

Too much information? Ready to play Jartex?!
Log onto play.jartexnetwork.com and just select your game-mode and PLAY!

If you have feedback or any suggestion, let us know, we'd love to make this as good as we can.

Mad :}

Donator
Donator
IGN
Madcc
hooray
should also remove token/crystals from prestiges <25

SuperMariobrine

Addicted Member
I guess I can't complain about the removal of minesuits as long as we still have a suit that gives us boosts that we want (just better not be impossible to beat prices to upgrade). Also where are soul gems shown then if that's the only ore remaining?
Just ONE orb? When in my suggestion I listed FIVE new orbs plus rebalancing the already existing ones.
I'm glad the trading system was updated, even if I don't use it as frequently in the past, it removes the mistrust and awkwardness of trading via /gift.
Let's just see how this new anti-cheat plays out before exaggerating it's "substantial upgrade".
Profiles did need some QoL sprucing up.
Well rip, I guess that had to be expected with the removal of minesuits. Again overstuffing the mysteryman's already bloated inventory (I honestly would prefer to buy them with soul gems or dark soul gems).
Neat I like that there are multiple mines for starter prestiges now, and that prestige keys aren't AS farmable as before(people can still just have their alts exchange beacons).
I guess nerfing token greed is fair, we can already get tons of tokens before the buff. While that problem listed under the enchantment was a consistency fix, I am SO GLAD that they made the gems soulbound, no more boosting the top players to P2000 and crashing the money & tokens economy in two weeks(and beacons won't become the only economy).
I know all the PvP people (except those who used it) will be overjoyed with the removal of this pet (I still think iSixez's idea to change it's perk rather than outright removing it was better but C'est la vie.)
This pet deserved the nerf it was easy to get it to 100 and guarantee double drops and rerolls every 1-3 keys.

Anyway this is an ok changelog, it's not a ground breaking update but some features definitely shine better than others for sure. Some I'm a little iffy on until we get to try the reworked features for ourselves. But I don't see a patch that adds the missing boosters to the booster package (beacon, crystal, & treasure).

I'm posting the link to my suggestion here in case a dev looks on this page, because I was pretty disappointed with the pickaxe orbs section.

Last edited:

Spaspect

Donator
Donator
IGN
Spaspect
I'm so excited for this prison reset! I was waiting for it since so long!

Minecraftian

Addicted Member
The Capybara nerf is interesting, same bonus as usual but activates less often.
Please make sure to copy over any hotfixes made this season into the next map.
Inmates working offline is a nice treat (not sure
Updated chatgames shop.
Updated what?
Fixed losing your items in cells world.Fixed kingpin max vitality not working.Fixed not being able to fly in all mines.Fixed sometimes randomly dying in spawn.Fixed all playtime rewards.Fixed and re-enabled capybara pet.Fixed playtime resetting.Fixed losing items when dying in cell world.
Double emphasis, here's hoping it rly work.
🪐 New! Pickaxe Orb
We are introducing a brand new Pickaxe Orb - the Perfect Purity Orb.This orb grants players the ability to increase their maximum purity multiplier for one hour, once every three hours. With this new Pickaxe Orb, players can enhance their mining experience and obtain even more rewards in the Prison gamemode.
Interesting, so players will have to mine an extra 5-30minutes to reach the new max?
---
I wonder if the Prisoner suit will let us have all the boosts at once, if we'll be able to toggle between "buff trees" (for a cost?), or if we'll need another Prisoner suit if we want a different buff.
Also whoo boy, another starter kit exclusive. People will inno way lose this like the token backpack and complain rip chat :dd.

Gurnoor_Live

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
Gurnoor_Live
Updated what?
Chatgames shop. It's a command (/chatgamesshop), where you can buy items in exchange of the chatgame points, which can be earned by being the first one to answer the questions asked. The GUI of the chatgames shop menu looks like this:
image_2023-04-05_012502507.png

Status
Not open for further replies.