Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted Global inc is worse than the n word, let's change that

WildAbbee

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
WildAbbee
Minecraft Username:
WildAbbee​

What is your suggestion's title?
inc is worse than the n word, let's change that​

Suggestion Details:
hello, jartex changed the rules so that ghosting is a 3d ban, while racism remains at a 2d mute,
i propose reverting ghosting back to a warn (or even better, removing it, but ifly won't agree to that and hes the manager on jartex)

also can we make racism have a punishment that actually deters it (e.g 1month ban in extreme cases, maybe like 7d mute in minor cases)

Nirahz Nirahz you are an inc​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
reduces toxicity and unfair bans, improves jartex's image​

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
Minecraft Username:
WildAbbee​

What is your suggestion's title?
inc is worse than the n word, let's change that​

Suggestion Details:
hello, jartex changed the rules so that ghosting is a 3d ban, while racism remains at a 2d mute,​
i propose reverting ghosting back to a warn (or even better, removing it, but ifly won't agree to that and hes the manager on jartex)​
also can we make racism have a punishment that actually deters it (e.g 1month ban in extreme cases, maybe like 7d mute in minor cases)​
Nirahz Nirahz you are an inc​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
reduces toxicity and unfair bans, improves jartex's image​
In my opinion discrimination/racism should be a 2d mute for first offence then a 3d mute and then a 7d mute + ghosting should be a 1d ban for first offence, 2d ban 2nd offence, 3d ban for 3rd offence and 7d ban for 4th offence so will remain neutral

IIMoKeyy

Donator
Donator
I do believe that ghosting does affect gameplay, but playing on other networks, and comparing it to JartexNetwork, ghosting doesn't really affect as much. Reducing it would be a great idea, and as mentioned, removing it would be an even better idea. +1

MiltonNJ05

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
MiltonNJ05
+1 From me. I agree that the ghosting rule situation cannot remain as is. Below is my logical reasoning for how the ghosting situation can be changed, and why there are only two ways to change it effectively. If you choose to read my rather lengthy message on the topic, then I hope it is helpful to you and demonstrates my reasoning.

Why do we have rules: The purpose the of rules on the network is to ensure fair treatment of players, ensure fair gameplay, and ensure the community is a welcoming place.

The current circumstances surrounding ghosting: Ghosting takes place in party chat, friend messages, discord dm's, outside discord servers, and vc's. All of these locations where ghosting is practiced are places that staff members, and actively reporting players, cannot see or hear. The only circumstance in which ghosting could be punished is when someone who is either ghosting or within a party, call, or other discord server with ghosters decides to report the players for ghosting. While that could happen at times, the vast majority of players, if put in the rare situation where they witness ghosting, would simply not report it, either because they are ghosting as well, or because their friends are the players ghosting. In this kind of environment, following the ghosting rule is made an individual choice for each player rather than a mandatory action, and since it is safe to say that over 75% of the player base ghosts either willingly, or out of ignorance to the rule, the 25% (25% being a generous estimate if I may say so) of players that choose not to ghost are being placed at a disadvantage, therefore defeating the purpose of a rule. That purpose being fair gameplay for all.

Why something must change: In comparison, we would never see another chat rule reach a 75% failure rate (failure rate referring to the percentage of players breaking the rule regularly while going unpunished), much less a gameplay rule such as the disallowance of hacked clients. If we do not tolerate a high failure rate for our other rules, then we should surely not tolerate a high failure rate in regards to the ghosting rule.

Conclusions on how we can accomplish effective change that will benefit the network:
Overall, I see two choices based on our current situation. We either innovate and find new ways to deal with ghosting properly, or we globally allow ghosting. Both of these options will have the same result: A very low failure rate for the ghosting rule.
First of all, innovation. This would have to include staff reading through chat logs of suspected ghosters, as well as having a constant staff presence in voice calls on the Jartex discord to ensure ghosting is not occurring verbally. This solution is limited however, because reading players /fmsg’s violates privacy and checking chat logs requires much effort. Not to mention that there isn't much the staff team can do about players ghosting in other non-jartex affiliated discord servers or discord dm’s. However, if this innovation occurs perfectly and fully, the ghosting rule could see a drop in failure rate to the point where it accomplishes its purpose of ensuring fair gameplay for all players.
Alternatively, the ghosting rule could be removed. This solution will reduce the failure rate of the rule to 0% because all players will have the advantage of ghosting, meaning that ~25% of players will no longer be at a disadvantage. This solution requires no time or effort intensive activities such as checking chat logs and moderating vc's, and it also does not call for any potential invasion of privacy such as staff reading /fmsg’s on the server.

Thank you for reading this if you chose to.

Last edited:

chocz700

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
Ghosting was good the way it was to be honest, I am not sure why it was changed but it was clearly agreed upon by non-minigames players, lol, upvoting.

Yuu

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
UltraFartKnocker
+1 From me. I agree that the ghosting rule situation cannot remain as is. Below is my logical reasoning for how the ghosting situation can be changed, and why there are only two ways to change it effectively. If you choose to read my rather lengthy message on the topic, then I hope it is helpful to you and demonstrates my reasoning.

Why do we have rules: The purpose the of rules on the network is to ensure fair treatment of players, ensure fair gameplay, and ensure the community is a welcoming place.

The current circumstances surrounding ghosting: Ghosting takes place in party chat, friend messages, discord dm's, outside discord servers, and vc's. All of these locations where ghosting is practiced are places that staff members, and actively reporting players, cannot see or hear. The only circumstance in which ghosting could be punished is when someone who is either ghosting or within a party, call, or other discord server with ghosters decides to report the players for ghosting. While that could happen at times, the vast majority of players, if put in the rare situation where they witness ghosting, would simply not report it, either because they are ghosting as well, or because their friends are the players ghosting. In this kind of environment, following the ghosting rule is made an individual choice for each player rather than a mandatory action, and since it is safe to say that over 75% of the player base ghosts either willingly, or out of ignorance to the rule, the 25% (25% being a generous estimate if I may say so) of players that choose not to ghost are being placed at a disadvantage, therefore defeating the purpose of a rule. That purpose being fair gameplay for all.

Why something must change: In comparison, we would never see another chat rule reach a 75% failure rate (failure rate referring to the percentage of players breaking the rule regularly while going unpunished), much less a gameplay rule such as the disallowance of hacked clients. If we do not tolerate a high failure rate for our other rules, then we should surely not tolerate a high failure rate in regards to the ghosting rule.

Conclusions on how we can accomplish effective change that will benefit the network:
Overall, I see two choices based on our current situation. We either innovate and find new ways to deal with ghosting properly, or we globally allow ghosting. Both of these options will have the same result: A very low failure rate for the ghosting rule.
First of all, innovation. This would have to include staff reading through chat logs of suspected ghosters, as well as having a constant staff presence in voice calls on the Jartex discord to ensure ghosting is not occurring verbally. This solution is limited however, because reading players /fmsg’s violates privacy and checking chat logs requires much effort. Not to mention that there isn't much the staff team can do about players ghosting in other non-jartex affiliated discord servers or discord dm’s. However, if this innovation occurs perfectly and fully, the ghosting rule could see a drop in failure rate to the point where it accomplishes its purpose of ensuring fair gameplay for all players.
Alternatively, the ghosting rule could be removed. This solution will reduce the failure rate of the rule to 0% because all players will have the advantage of ghosting, meaning that ~25% of players will no longer be at a disadvantage. This solution requires no time or effort intensive activities such as checking chat logs and moderating vc's, and it also does not call for any potential invasion of privacy such as staff reading /fmsg’s on the server.

Thank you for reading this if you chose to.
You recieve 10 marks and a pair of nerd glasses, summarise in 30 words or noone other than that orange trial gonna read your thing

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
+1
ghosting shouldn't even be a thing, it aint even a harm in the server

Mack

Donator
Donator
IGN
lpwmack_17
Suggestion - Upvote (+1)

Hey WildAbbee,

I decided to give your Suggestion “inc is worse than the n word, let's change that” an
Upvote (+1)

I hope that this Gets Accepted, And Goodluck with this.

Goodluck!

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
Suggestion - ACCEPTED

Hello, WildAbbee​
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network. I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is accepted and it is going to be implemented very soon!​
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!​
Kind Regards,​
~ iFlyYT