Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted SkyWars Healer Kit Nerf

Rugratboy

IGN
Rugratboy
Minecraft Username:
Rugratboy​

What is your suggestion's title?
Healer Kit Nerf​

Suggestion Details:
As of now Healer Kit in Skywars is insanely powerful. This is something that everyone knows by now, but how powerful is it truly? There is also a Tl;dr at the end for anyone who doesn't want to read an entire essay.

Well. I went and did some math, and this is what I found.
According to the minecraft wiki, a regen 2 potion will heal 1 hp (half a heart) for every 1.2 seconds. A regen 2 potion lasts for 30 seconds each.
Now in of itself thats powerful, but on its own does it need a nerf? Well to me yes. It actually heals roughly 25 health, or a full row of hearts, and then some. However, in extreme mode gear is so powerful that if someone had a full set of prot 2 diamond armor, against a sharpness 2 sword, they take roughly 1 - 1.5 hearts of damage, which is then sometimes healed by 0.5 by the next hit. Or in roughly every 2 hits.

So for an entire fight, unless running of any form is involved, they will now, effectively anyways, take less damage. And after the fight, even if that potion finally runs out and they are low on health, they also have instant health potions to just completely negate the bad side of taking a fight.

Now what about other potions? I mean, there is potions from mid right? while those do exist, they don't last nearly as long, and they rarely stack, causing you to only have one potion, maybe 2 on standby in one slot, that lasts 8 seconds or so per potion.

See, with the healer kit all 3 potions, for both instant healing and regen, should stack (based on what ive seen on other kits, and yes I don't have it unlocked personally, so this is slightly biased) meaning that in one slot, you have 90 seconds of regen 2, or 75 hp, which would equal to be 3.75 rows of health before instant health potions. While in most cases someone going to mid will maybe get 4 regen potions ( that last 8 seconds each for what I recall, so in total it would be 32 seconds of healing) and a few gapples if lucky, and on the unlucky scale will get almost nothing of healing. Making a fight against a healer impossible, not including knockback existing for fights. This is also assuming that the fight between the two people are equal in skill, and not including varying gear (outside of healing)

Overall healer kit is so strong that one potion can out beat several potions from mid, and while a kit should have some strength, the fact that it's so powerful that you either use healer kit if going for trophies, or a ranked kit is good enough for outside of trophies, and that's realistically your only choices? is insane. (baring in mind ranked kits are mostly good for other modes outside of extreme)

Now for the nerf I believe healer kit should still have a lot of usage, however to me the regen potions should last maybe ~10 seconds each, it's guaranteed healing, while still being slightly better than mid, but not so powerful that it overshadows mids potions and should still have the player require them, and this would still provide roughly 4 hearts of healing per potion. Plus you would still have access to the healing potions as well, so it would mostly nerf down the regeneration.

However, take this suggested nerf with a grain of salt, as again, I have never used healer kit personally, I have just fought against healer kit. Another thing to bare in mind is most of the experience I have against healer kit is in extreme mode. There is the possibility that it's more reasonable in things such as normal mode, where you end up dying quicker, and the regen doesn't have as much of an affect on the battle. However I'm not 100% sure about that.

Tl;dr
Each regen 2 potion lasts 30 seconds according to kit information, which each potion would equal to about a row and 2.5 hearts.
Because regen 2 heals at a rate of 1 hp per 1.2 seconds, you can end up getting back 0.5 hp per hit - 2 hits you take, and in extreme mode its a huge advantage.
Healer kit is so powerful that for every forum post I have seen the recommendation is to use healer kit, and I have very rarely seen any other kit suggested. And the only time I have is using a ranked kit in normal mode.
Suggested nerf would be to reduce down each potion to 10 seconds. As it would still be stronger then mids regen potions, however still not long enough to completely change a course of a fight, and still require middle for potions to at least some degree.

And as a final thing. Im not sure if this has already been suggested, There is no search function anywhere that I have seen for the suggestion or normal forums. Meaning, unless I search through every single page, I can't really know. And this is not including the archived suggestions as well, which would probably take over an hour just to check.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
Healer kit is so powerful you basically have to use it. This nerf would allow new players to have more of a fighting chance against these players with healer kit. It would also promote more usage outside of healer kit, and hopefully help players feel less annoyed when opening their 50th brain spin to have yet obtained a healer kit.

So in theory, it should help to let newer players stay on the server longer, hopefully feeling less frustration.
Promote more creativity with other kits (potentially)
And, should help everyone who doesn't already have healer kit, to feel a little less annoyed to not have it yet, even after a lot of spins. Unlikely occurrence to not get it in a short time, but it's a possibility that has happened.​

Extra Information:
Once again, I am sorry if this has already been suggested. I just can't do any search function anywhere to be able to tell.​

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
I love healer kit, i use it always or 80% of times but if you dont have pvp skills then you still die like me, i will be neutral with this

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Rugratboy

Rugratboy

IGN
Rugratboy
I love healer kit, i use it always or 80% of times but if you dont have pvp skills then you still die like me, i will be neutral with this
To talk about PvP skills, the person I fought was about even to me in skill, I believe I had both cycles of middle loot and still died, assuming I would have had advantage so didn't run. And didn't know how long Regen lasted till after checking.
He had about the same PvP skill as me, don't remember the exact username. But to give a general idea I have about a 1.0 w/l ratio, so it's not like I'm bad at the game.

Also the 80% or always use it part kinda proves my point further doesnt it?

Edit: included more detail about the fight

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Rugratboy

Rugratboy

IGN
Rugratboy
Imma be honest with you, it's not that bad -1
It's not that bad? Look I'm fine with that being said. But I would like more reasoning if possible.

Is there a good alternative kit to healer? I.e. a kit that has gear better then middle. Is the kit useable with trophies? Do you use healer kit yourself? Have you fought against a player with equal skill as they have healer kit and you don't? If you do use healer is it possible for you to record the w/l ratio of using healer vs not? (I.e. recording a bunch of games with healer and seeing how many you win, vs how many you lose, then using another kit to do the same test)

Now for gear better then middle there is the rare occasion, but thats practically in normal mode only, and it's not a big enough difference 90% of the time. Best I've seen is like boots with prot 1. Healer is broken because "competitively" there is no alternative, as if you rush middle, get all Chests, healer has the option to spam instant healing potions and 1 Regen.

I also made this entire several paragraph reply as I would like some detail on the reasoning against the nerf. Any bias. Any encounter. Any alternative, or anything else.

Yuu

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
UltraFartKnocker
Healer needs a nerf yes, other kits need to be bettered also yes.

daviddaraban

Staff member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
daviddaraban
To talk about PvP skills, the person I fought was about even to me in skill, I believe I had both cycles of middle loot and still died, assuming I would have had advantage so didn't run. And didn't know how long Regen lasted till after checking.
He had about the same PvP skill as me, don't remember the exact username. But to give a general idea I have about a 1.0 w/l ratio, so it's not like I'm bad at the game.

Also the 80% or always use it part kinda proves my point further doesnt it?

Edit: included more detail about the fight
i have a 0.04 w/l ratio and i use healer kit <3

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Rugratboy

Rugratboy

IGN
Rugratboy
i have a 0.04 w/l ratio and i use healer kit <3
To be fair a kit wont automatically mean someone will win. However from my experience, and what I have said several times, if two people are equal in skill, but one has healer kit, the person with healer kit over the person using 99% of other kits, will almost always win.
The reason I said my w/l ratio is so there is a level of identifying how good a player is. Which can be used to showcase that im not just dying to random players and going "but oh healer kit broken" and that I am looking into it. At least that was the intention. However, I think there would be better ways of proving that point.

Overall, im not trying to say that healer kit is so powerful that you don't have to be good at the game. Im saying that if two are equal, healer in most cases will win because there simply isn't other kits on par with the same level of pvp potential. I mean there is kits that give things such as speed which help, but not as much as the capability to completely regen after and during a fight.

Again, im sorry if my nerf suggestion came off as "healer kit is so powerful that you don't need to be good to win" because every kit still requires you to still play well. My nerf suggestion came from two at least decent players fighting eachother, that healer kit will almost always win in the scenario. At least from what I have seen, and experienced.

DeathGunRaids

Donator
Donator
IGN
DeathGunRaids
Fortunately, getting healer kit is something that is available to everyone that plays the game a lot. Hence, I heavily disagree on the topic of nerfing it. Sure healer kit does give you an advantage but there are other ways to win against healer kit users. Not because you lost that they should nerf the kit.