Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Old [Global] Initializing the "Friends/Buddy" System

Rekronoa

Addicted Member
JoESuzE.png

Minecraft Username:

Rekronoa
Introduction:
Although this has been suggested multiple times in the past, it has never gotten a final answer. I could have pitched this to a higher individual myself, but I wanted to hear thoughts from the community first. Let me know if they are other things I could have added, left out, or forgot.

I think a "Friend/Buddy System" on our server would be very effective as members lack the ability to see when a player was last on, where they (on Jartex) at this moment, and whether they are online or not (If they are on different game modes)

What is your suggestion about?:

What my suggestion is, is that we finalize the decision on creating or installing a friend system on our Jartex server. It would be the essential command of /friend to see the help/index of commands it has. With this, you (MAY) would be able to:
  • Add/Remove friends
  • See where your 'friends' are (What gamemode)
  • Message your friends throughout gamemodes
  • Enable/disable "Friend Chat"
  • Jump to your friends gamemode
  • Go "private/unprivate" (Hide activity)
  • Set a status
This is just a list of abilities you once again (may) be able to do depending on whether it will be fully customized or installed as a plugin.

What game-mode is this suggestion for?:
The "Friends" system would run throughout the server, if possible, making it easier to interact with all your friends. [Lobby, Factions, Skyblock, Skywars, Bedwars, Eggwars, Prison, Creative]

How could this help to improve JartexNetwork?:
Everyone has friends on our server, but ultimately no initial way to keep intact with that friend, see their activity, if they're online, and many more. Our community has wanted a friends system for the longest time. It's a great plugin and addition to the server in many ways.

It mainly improves communication. With the friends messaging you will be able to communicate with your friends throughout the whole server, without having to jump servers.

This will give players more of a social vibe and have the ability to request to friend players, add friends, etc.

Scenario:
You can also utilize this ability to improve productivity.. Say you're in a faction but you want to go play prison for a little. Your friend who is in your faction is protecting your base from getting raided and cannot hop servers. He simply does /friend message <Rekronoa> bla bla.

Or.. you don't know where your friend is, and you want to check if he/she is online. You can just do /friend list, and you will be able to see who is [Online] and who is [Offline]

Is there anything else we should know?:

Let me know how you feel about this suggestions in terms of the positives, the negatives, and how it will or will not improve our server.

If you would love to see this implemented, great. If not, that's okay too. I just personally think it would be an awesome contribution to our server.

Last edited:

fawny

Great idea if I do say so myself. ;) Would really help keep in touch with friends you meet, as well as talk to them without completely switching game modes to look for them! +1

Neutral, peope might spam friend requests to staff. I am leafing to +1 if that doesn't happen

MisterBeja

JoESuzE.png

Minecraft Username:

Rekronoa
Introduction:
Although this has been suggested multiple times in the past, it has never gotten a final answer. I could have pitched this to a higher individual myself, but I wanted to hear thoughts from the community first. Let me know if they are other things I could have added, left out, or forgot.

I think a "Friend/Buddy System" on our server would be very effective as members lack the ability to see when a player was last on, where they (on Jartex) at this moment, and whether they are online or not (If they are on different game modes)

What is your suggestion about?:

What my suggestion is, is that we finalize the decision on creating or installing a friend system on our Jartex server. It would be the essential command of /friend to see the help/index of commands it has. With this, you (MAY) would be able to:
  • Add/Remove friends
  • See where your 'friends' are (What gamemode)
  • Message your friends throughout gamemodes
  • Enable/disable "Friend Chat"
  • Jump to your friends gamemode
  • Go "private/unprivate" (Hide activity)
  • Set a status
This is just a list of abilities you once again (may) be able to do depending on whether it will be fully customized or installed as a plugin.

What game-mode is this suggestion for?:
The "Friends" system would run throughout the server, if possible, making it easier to interact with all your friends. [Lobby, Factions, Skyblock, Skywars, Bedwars, Eggwars, Prison, Creative]

How could this help to improve JartexNetwork?:
Everyone has friends on our server, but ultimately no initial way to keep intact with that friend, see their activity, if they're online, and many more. Our community has wanted a friends system for the longest time. It's a great plugin and addition to the server in many ways.

It mainly improves communication. With the friends messaging you will be able to communicate with your friends throughout the whole server, without having to jump servers.

This will give players more of a social vibe and have the ability to request to friend players, add friends, etc.

Scenario:
You can also utilize this ability to improve productivity.. Say you're in a faction but you want to go play prison for a little. Your friend who is in your faction is protecting your base from getting raided and cannot hop servers. He simply does /friend message <Rekronoa> bla bla.

Or.. you don't know where your friend is, and you want to check if he/she is online. You can just do /friend list, and you will be able to see who is [Online] and who is [Offline]

Is there anything else we should know?:

Let me know how you feel about this suggestions in terms of the positives, the negatives, and how it will or will not improve our server.

If you would love to see this implemented, great. If not, that's okay too. I just personally think it would be an awesome contribution to our server.
Amazing idea definitely +1

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Rekronoa

Rekronoa

Addicted Member
Neutral, peope might spam friend requests to staff. I am leafing to +1 if that doesn't happen
Friend Requests: You request once, and it stays in your pending requests. If you try to spam, if would give you the message indicating your request is pending. So no spamming of this would occur.

Friend Requests: You request once, and it stays in your pending requests. If you try to spam, if would give you the message indicating your request is pending. So no spamming of this would occur.
But if the person doesn't accept but the next day if he wants to accept how will he do that

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Rekronoa

Rekronoa

Addicted Member
But if the person doesn't accept but the next day if he wants to accept how will he do that
It will stay in your pending requests, therefore, you can accept it or deny it whenever you want. It will stay there always, and you can check it by using a command like: /friend requests or something like that.