Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied [Global] In-game reporting system

Status
Not open for further replies.

KANGREW

Minecraft Username:
KANGREW
What is your suggestion about?:
In-game reporting system (again)
What game-mode is this suggestion for?:
Global
Describe your suggestion:
Before I start, I know this has been suggested a million times, so here's my take on it.

I think the reporting system should function something like this- /report <player> <reason>. Doing that will send a console message to global staff chat. A mod will then be able to either spectate the player or take some other course of action.

Now let me explain why I think this should be added. For starters, I know about the reporting system on the forums and use it myself, but there are several issues with this. The biggest one being that is often hard to record overall. Whether you dont have your software open or you just can't record at all, it's the biggest hurdle. It also takes forever, you have to record, edit the clip appropriately, upload it somewhere, fill out a form, and wait. Then there's the anticheat, it does it's job as well as it can for a script, but there are several issues. It sometimes false bans, but the biggest this is the ban length, they just come back. (I'm not suggesting changing the anticheat, just clarifying). Finally there's the player base in general. It is very frustrating to have to play against cheaters and not be able to take any immediate course of action. For the people that are going to say "oh they're going to spammm ittt" or "it'll just be another form of abuse" the answer is simple. It's not hard to mute players that abuse or set limits on how frequently it can be used. The overall pros over weigh anything negative about this.

Rant finished
Thank you for your time
How could this help to improve JartexNetwork?:
It would help keep the server fair and fun for everyone instead of a giant rage fest. It would benefit the whole community in eradicating the more toxic players that tend to abound.
Is there anything else we should know?:

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
K

KANGREW

+1
I agree with this as it would help players and staff with punishing offenders however, I think that staff should only receive a notification after at least (let's say) 3 players report another player, this would prevent false reports and prevent time wasting.

Thank you for the support. Yes that would help alot with false reports, if 3 people report the same person in say a space of 5 minutes then it would be worth checking out. Tha would also cut down on hackusating, which tends to happen quite often.

Andeh

Configurator
Staff member
Developer
Donator
I say a big no.
There are multiple reasons.
  • Any group of players can false report and fake.
  • Forums is a GREAT place to report players with decent proof.
  • In-game you don't have to report, there is an anti-cheat informing the ban system and the staff members about the potential hackers.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
K

KANGREW

I say a big no.
There are multiple reasons.
  • Any group of players can false report and fake.
  • Forums is a GREAT place to report players with decent proof.
  • In-game you don't have to report, there is an anti-cheat informing the ban system and the staff members about the potential hackers.

Thank you for the criticism, but I disagree. To start almost every big server has an in-game reporting system, and it works fine. Toxic players aren't that hard to eradicate. The forums reporting system works, but I covered why it's flawed. Last of all, people slip through anticheat all the time, you have to remember it's just a script, players usually have much better judgment.

Marcland

I'm going neutral why? Well this is a good idea because we can report hackers without going to a website but the flaws are that the player reports forums will be useless and there's a chance that some ingame reports will be just pranks used to ban ingame enemies.

Anyara

+1. I don't have a recording software, and thus I can't report players on the forums. This would let me actually do my part in reporting troublesome players, and it could also let such players be warned/banned faster.

Possible additions would a report threshold so that staff members are only notified if a player receives X amount of reports.

Penalties would of course be necessary for false reporters.

The /report command syntax could also be /report <player> <reason> <explain (optional)>, where <reason> only includes a specific list of defined keywords like "Spamming", "Hacking", etc., to reduce other unnecessary reports.

Kwart

Addicted Member
(Suggestion - Denied)

Hello there,

Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network.

I have reviewed your suggestion and have decided to deny it due to the following reasons:
  • A command like this is practically impossible for a cracked server with 1000+ players every day. It's impossible to review all the reports and a lot of reports will be fake/false.
Kind regards,

Kwart
Jartex Network Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.