Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied [Global] In-game reporting system

Status
Not open for further replies.

KANGREW

Minecraft Username:
KANGREW
What is your suggestion about?:
In-game reporting system (again)
What game-mode is this suggestion for?:
Global
Describe your suggestion:
Before I start, I know this has been suggested a million times, so here's my take on it.

I think the reporting system should function something like this- /report <player> <reason>. Doing that will send a console message to global staff chat. A mod will then be able to either spectate the player or take some other course of action.

Now let me explain why I think this should be added. For starters, I know about the reporting system on the forums and use it myself, but there are several issues with this. The biggest one being that is often hard to record overall. Whether you dont have your software open or you just can't record at all, it's the biggest hurdle. It also takes forever, you have to record, edit the clip appropriately, upload it somewhere, fill out a form, and wait. Then there's the anticheat, it does it's job as well as it can for a script, but there are several issues. It sometimes false bans, but the biggest this is the ban length, they just come back. (I'm not suggesting changing the anticheat, just clarifying). Finally there's the player base in general. It is very frustrating to have to play against cheaters and not be able to take any immediate course of action. For the people that are going to say "oh they're going to spammm ittt" or "it'll just be another form of abuse" the answer is simple. It's not hard to mute players that abuse or set limits on how frequently it can be used. The overall pros over weigh anything negative about this.

Rant finished
Thank you for your time
How could this help to improve JartexNetwork?:
It would help keep the server fair and fun for everyone instead of a giant rage fest. It would benefit the whole community in eradicating the more toxic players that tend to abound.
Is there anything else we should know?:

Emman222

might be a good idea but the bad thing about it is that it can be flooded or filled with fake/prank report or accusation reports on a staff member's screen
even tho i cant take the rage fest from hackers
much longer at skywars

overall neutral

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
K

KANGREW

might be a good idea but the bad thing about it is that it can be flooded or filled with fake/prank report or accusation reports on a staff member's screen
even tho i cant take the rage fest from hackers
much longer at skywars

overall neutral

I specifically mentioned that exact problem. It wouldn't be that hard to set a limit on how often or how soon the system can be used. Plus not everyone is a toxic spammer, there are people that are good players that would benefit greatly from this. For the people that do spam or abuse, a ban would be in short order.

Davidva

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
I agree with adding a report feature to the servers within Jartex. It has two main benefits. It will keep the chat more clean of hackusating and other accuses. Next to that, as a staff it's handy to have a good report plugin. It will definitely improve the way of working.

Emman222

i
I specifically mentioned that exact problem. It wouldn't be that hard to set a limit on how often or how soon the system can be used. Plus not everyone is a toxic spammer, there are people that are good players that would benefit greatly from this. For the people that do spam or abuse, a ban would be in short order.

indeed not everyone is a toxic spammer and there are good players but yeah , some player use it in a wrong way due to saltyness and any other reasons and how can
the staff see if its really breaking the rules? will they spectate them ?

i am depending on other's decision and i will vote

JohnMak

Donator
Donator
IGN
JohnMak
Agree with David. This report feature will improve the reporting system and a lot of people will report a player if he/she is hacking. But this way a lot of people will get false reported from others players and this would be a little negative about our server. Also reporting system on Forums will be forgotten from all the members due to the new reporting feature. But I will support this suggestion +1. Probably will help and improve the gameplay.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
K

KANGREW

i

indeed not everyone is a toxic spammer and there are good players but yeah , some player use it in a wrong way due to saltyness and any other reasons and how can
the staff see if its really breaking the rules? will they spectate them ?

i am depending on other's decision and i will vote

That's the general idea. Somebody makes a report and then a mod or higher spectates them to verify

SprayK_47_Lizard

Donator
Donator
+1
I agree with this as it would help players and staff with punishing offenders however, I think that staff should only receive a notification after at least (let's say) 3 players report another player, this would prevent false reports and prevent time wasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.