Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted Forums Forum rules are too strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vessalie

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
Minecraft Username:
Vessalie

What is the suggestion about?
Forum rules are too strict.

Description:
Let me just start with this, forum rules right now are way too strict, I get bringing up these rules that get to get rid of trash talkers or toxic people or overall rulebreakers but people get banned for the stupidest things ever, you get 4 warning points for bypassing a filter which is not useful in the first place.

The rules were introduced so people don't spam messages and farm them, but instead of giving them 4 warning points and bannning them for 31 days, it should be changed around:

My good idea is to remove the bypassing rule and let people talk in how characters they want but instead if people talk in less than 30 characters they don't get an increase in their messages so it prevents people that farm them.

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
In many ways, right now the forums is way too strict, as Andeh said the best; It's a free place and let anyone talk whatever they want unless they're breaking the rules. And if there are worries that people are going to farm messages use my idea.

Extra Information:
Rodagave115 Rodagave115

Last edited:

Oh_myMinecraft

Donator
Donator
+1 however this suggestion wont get accepted sadly. Maybe reduce the bypassing filter to 2 warning points

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Vessalie

Vessalie

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
+1 however this suggestion wont get accepted sadly. Maybe reduce the bypassing filter to 2 warning points
I feel like it might get accepted and this idea might get implemented because no one right now likes these rules.

My good idea is to remove the bypassing rule and let people talk in how characters they want but instead if people talk in less than 30 characters they don't get an increase in their messages so it prevents people that farm them.
^^

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
+1, yes, just dont count messages that have less than 50 (or 30) characters.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Vessalie

Vessalie

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
+1, yes, just dont count messages that have less than 50 (or 30) characters.
That way people don't get banned for these stupid things and if you are talking in less characters your message just won't count.

Rod_

Hello Vessalie.

Thank you for your suggestion. After reviewing it, I decided to stay neutral until you clear the following point(s):​
  • Your suggestion is about removing the filter, which have been suggested and denied 5 times so far, and replacing it with an another filter that does not count your reply as a message if it was less than 30 characters.
I can understand that. But the thing that I can't understand is, how can this suggestion help the community? in any way?

I can only see negative things coming out of this suggestion:​
  1. Spammers are coming back. And I'm talking about the people who spam, and reply with some useless messages without caring about if they got the message or not.
  2. A lot more unnecessary messages the staff has to go through. Let's say the owner saw a suggestion and want to read the replies, but no, he should go through all of this unnecessary messages ("Great idea" "I agree" "idk" "yes" "they should add this"), just to find one useful message that may help the suggestion/server.

• In every successful community, there's rules. Not reading the rules was completely your fault and you must accept what kind of punishment will be applied to you.
Let's be real for a second here, if someone want to farm messages, he can, and no one will punish him for that, he can go "It's a great suggestion I like it, that is a +1 from me" in every suggestion he sees to farm messages, and I repeat again, no one can punish him for that.
So there's no point from the filter and this suggestion either.

Kind regards,
Rod

Last edited:

rLilJesus

Donator
Donator
Hello Vessalie.

Thank you for your suggestion. After reviewing it, I decided to stay neutral until you clear the following point(s):​
  • Your suggestion is about removing the filter, which have been suggested and denied 5 times so far, and replacing it with an another filter that does not count your reply as a message if it was less than 30 characters.
I can understand that. But the thing that I can't understand is, how can this suggestion help the community? in any type way?

I can only see negative things coming out of this suggestion:​
  1. Spammers are coming back. And I'm talking about the people who spam, and reply with some useless messages without caring about if they got the message or not.
  2. A lot more unnecessary messages the staff has to go through. Let's say the owner saw a suggestion and want to read the replies, but no, he should go through all of this unnecessary messages ("Great idea" "I agree" "idk" "yes" "they should add this"), just to find one useful message that may help the suggestion/server.

• In every god dam community, there's rules. Not reading the rules was completely your fault and you must accept what kind of punishment will be applied to you.
Let's be real for a second here, if someone want to farm messages, he can, and no one will punish him for that, he can go "It's a great suggestion I like it, that is a +1 from me" in every suggestion he sees to farm messages, and I repeat again, no one can punish him for that.
So there's no point from the filter and this suggestion either.

Kind regards,
Rod
What are you trying to prove here exactly?

This is a suggestion, not a complaint about the forums and how they are made.

U want to follow with ur opinion about the thread go ahead but going off-topic about how people should own their mistake and it's their fault/decision whether to break them or not is off-topic to me. You can show the dedication of yours in many ways not just making an unnecessary paragraph that doesn't have to do with the actual meaning of this suggestion.

And besides, about the owners that should go through replies, it will be the same thing the same old messages they were used to see will still be there with just more unnecessary comments on it which is really more annoying.

Last edited:

rLilJesus

Donator
Donator
I really don't have to explain or list any reasons why this should be reduced. I do agree that people try to farm messages and they will do either u have set up rules or you haven't. All the rules are very decent and fairly added The bypass Restriction is just dumb in my opinion. You either have to just write a whole bunch of stuff that is not really necessary to add and the actual meaning of news or threads get on other points and meanings.
Or you can either write about what everyone does daily now and I don't really have to set the example everyone is aware of it.

The off-topic has come to be a pain. I recently tried to help teh staff team by trying to help them remove an old opened thread by simply telling them that this should not be up and that Is it really gravedigging or not, therefore I got warned for going off-topic when in the end I just told them to lock it which is a pain.

Anyways Its a +1 from me and hopefully this should get added or "fixed" as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.