Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied being able to invite a nicked player

Status
Not open for further replies.

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
Minecraft Username:
not_Nuggets​

What is your suggestion's title?
being able to invite a nicked player​

Suggestion Details:
Hola my handsome fellows and especially bene_e bene_e

Usually, when you attempt to invite a nicked player, for example /p invite not_nicked, it would say that user is currently not online. But what if we could invite people based off their nicks.

First, a check would have to be run to see if that name is even being currently used at all. If it is, get the actual players username, and invite them.

There should be a notification sent to the nicked player saying "{user} sent you a party invite via your nick {nick}"
This should be toggleable, and should be seperate from being sent actual party invites. If it is disabled, it should resort to the default "not online" message. We don't want someone abusing this feature to see if a user is nicked. We all know who I'm talking about.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
Could make for a useful feature if you aren't friended with the nicked player.​

Extra Information:
ovq is handsome (how many more times do I need to say this to get office perms)​

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
not_Nuggets

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
Well yeah, I think this could be a pretty interesting addition to the game if the nicked player will have the option to toggle and disable this option. +1
Please read the entire suggestion. I mentioned it.

Norking

Donator
Donator
IGN
Norking
Really love the feature and hope it gets added , would save time .
The Nicking System on Jartex is very weird. There are many ways of finding out if someone is nicked and who they actually are.
I think the whole system should be reworked, as there is a lot currently wrong with it.
+1

I agree with you that the system is impractical but do not forget that hackers could easily exploit this feature if not but players are able to detect them, I still think that this feature can be fixed without any exploitability but I don't think this will happen anytime soon.

toxicosis

Donator
Donator
Really love the feature and hope it gets added , would save time .

I agree with you that the system is impractical but do not forget that hackers could easily exploit this feature if not but players are able to detect them, I still think that this feature can be fixed without any exploitability but I don't think this will happen anytime soon.
I don‘t think that is a excuse for a bad system. There is no need for us to know who the nicked person is. Staff will of course have access to the history of nicks per person meaning they can still ban nicked players.

SquareWings928

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
SquareWings928
Suggestion - UPVOTE

Hello, not_Nuggets
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network. After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to +1 it for the following reason(s);
  • Could make things a lot easier!
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!

Kind Regards,
Square

Lemeonxicey

Addicted Member
Great Reporter
+1 it would make it much faster and easier for other players and at the same time bring the community together

LucrativeGX561

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Hello not_Nuggets,

After reading your suggestion I have decided to downvote (-1) it due to the following reason(s):

- You can ask the nicked player's ign if they want to get invited in the party
- Nicked players may not want their real ign to be exposed by being able to invite them in parties

Have a good day.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
not_Nuggets

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
Hello not_Nuggets,

After reading your suggestion I have decided to downvote (-1) it due to the following reason(s):

- You can ask the nicked player's ign if they want to get invited in the party
- Nicked players may not want their real ign to be exposed by being able to invite them in parties

Have a good day.
I suggest you actually read the suggestion. It has a toggleable feature, so anyone not wanting to be „exposed“ can simply disable the feature. And as for your first point, the reason my suggestion is also useful is that if the nicked player changes their nick right after the game, the person wanting to talk to them won’t be blue to find them so easily again.

MiltonNJ05

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
MiltonNJ05
+1 For all the above reasons. This would definitely be a nice thing to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.