Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Old [BedWars] Add player compass/tracker

Anyara

Minecraft Username:
Anyar
What is your suggestion about?:
Add player compass/tracker
What section is this suggestion for?:
BedWars
Describe your suggestion:
Add a compass or tracker to Bedwars.

Bedwars already has a tracker for your own team that shows as text above your hotbar, but it only tracks your own team's island.

I suggest making it so that after all beds are destroyed, the tracker (which would previously just disappear because there's no bed to track anymore) would change to track the nearest player.

Alternatively, a compass could be added to the player shop to track the nearest player, and can be bought at a price of 1 emerald (to require players to reach the center island, but also make it affordable and not interfere with other emerald purchases).
How could this help to improve JartexNetwork?:
One problem with Bedwars is campers. If you have an entire team of 3 and the only other team alive has 1 player, that 1 player is going to hide. And so it'll be incredibly boring and frustrating as the 3-player team has to search every single island for the 1 person left, and they still might not find the player in time before the game ends.

The player tracker will not affect normal gameplay, and will only be activated after all beds are gone. This way, if a player loses their bed before all beds are destroyed, they still have a fighting chance (I've won games before despite losing my bed first and despite not camping like many others would). But after all beds are destroyed, no single player will be able to just hide and wait for the game to slowly end.

The alternate solution, a compass, could help too, but it would give more precise directions and be effective even before all beds are destroyed.

Either would work, but I'd recommend the player tracker more.
Is there anything else we should know?:
I took inspiration from the compass in Skywars. That's one way to model it after.

Flexier

Donator
Donator
a compass could be added to the player shop to track the nearest player, and can be bought at a price of 1 emerald

Make it permanent after you buy it once

Also

+1

Adding this would be a great help to find campers easily