Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Allow Ghosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicosis

Donator
Donator
Minecraft Username:
toxicosis​

What is your suggestion's title?
Allow Ghosting​

Suggestion Details:
Hello guys, today I want to suggest making Ghosting in Bedwars & Skywars allowed!
For those wondering, yes I am suggesting this because I ghosted while playing with Staff Members and yes I was not aware of this rule.

Also for those that don't know what Ghosting is, it's when a dead party member spectates the game and informs the other party members of information they otherwise wouldn't be able to get.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
If you play 2s or 3s or 4s you probably play it in a Party. That means you guys communicate with eachother and that basically gives you an advantage over players that solo queue. Now this is obviously allowed (as it should be).
Now why would Jartex disallow Ghosting? Isn't that basically the same thing?

Changing this could lead to some sweatier games which would make the game more fun for all those that like to sweat a bit. Now not being in a party isn't too big of a disadvantage and I would argue that skilled players could also solo queue 4s (for example) without losing to a party.

In Summary I think it's an outdated rule and I don't think every advantage over others should be disallowed.
(It'd be like disallowing texture packs or Lunar Client)​

Extra Information:
If you are of the same opinion, please let me know by replying!
If you don't agree, then make sure to let me know why and make some points against my suggestion!

Have a great day y'all!​

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
toxicosis

toxicosis

Donator
Donator
I would like to suggest a rule change here, for instance this is what the official rules say:
View attachment 22234

I suggest it should be:
"Revealing information [as mentioned in the rules] as non-participant of the game to the active players in the game while spectating."

This means that, revealing player locations and other info while being a
team-member who has been eliminated should be allowed.
While no other player except the players of the particular game can ghost while doing /spec.

With that being said I would narrowly
upvote/+1 this suggestion while also adding the above modifications.
Yup, that was basically what I had meant. Very good message!

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
toxicosis

toxicosis

Donator
Donator
Neutral.

Its a rule because it gives a advantage. One of the reasons of this being added is to allow sweatier games however it would remove some items, such as player tracker, from the game as you can get a player to do it and the player would be more reliable as they can give a more in-deptht explaining to where the user is.

If this were to be added, it would make games easier rather than harder (or as you call it, 'sweatier') due to the fact that you may be gearing up and on half a heart and 100 blocks away from a player. A spectator can say "hes 1" and they can just fireball you and you'd be dead. Making it just unfair as they would have not won that game if they didn't have that advantage.

If a staff member is doing this, report them. Just because someone is doing something, it doesn't mean that they are allowed to do it.
This would just make games easier, faster and a lot less fun.

The only problem with this rule is that not many people know of it and it is hard to moderate as people wouldn't want to snitch on their friends but that doesn't really mean it should be removed.
I don't agree, while Ghosting does give you an advantage, there are multiple other things in the game that do as well (which aren't disallowed)
Some of them being:
- Freelook
- Texture Packs
- No Fire Overlay
etc. --> (Some are obviously very small advantages, but that's the point)
Basically everything is an advantage if you know how to use it right.

It doesn't make the game easier, it adds a lot more strategy, you can plan ahead and get yourself an advantage over the enemy by being a better functioning team. This rule goes beyond the game and more into team dynamics and how you can get better as a team. (in a team game)

Lastly I don't think there is a need to remove the player tracker. As WildAbbee said, the Tracker is far more reliable than most teammates.

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
I don't agree, while Ghosting does give you an advantage, there are multiple other things in the game that do as well (which aren't disallowed)
Some of them being:
- Freelook
- Texture Packs
- No Fire Overlay
etc. --> (Some are obviously very small advantages, but that's the point)
Basically everything is an advantage if you know how to use it right.

It doesn't make the game easier, it adds a lot more strategy, you can plan ahead and get yourself an advantage over the enemy by being a better functioning team. This rule goes beyond the game and more into team dynamics and how you can get better as a team. (in a team game)

Lastly I don't think there is a need to remove the player tracker. As WildAbbee said, the Tracker is far more reliable than most teammates.
Understandable however in a way, it is a unfair advantage. No matter how big the advantage is, its still one.

Regarding the player tracker, I meant that it would practically be useless.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
toxicosis

toxicosis

Donator
Donator
Understandable however in a way, it is a unfair advantage. No matter how big the advantage is, its still one.

Again, the question isn't whether it's an advantage or not, but if it's unfair.

I would argue that it's the same as using Discord to communicate ingame. You don't have to type while ingame making it far easier to communicate with your teammates. So it does matter how big the advantage is to determine whether it's unfair or not.

OrangeEndy

Donator
Donator
IGN
OrangeEndy

I would like to point out something, aiding teammates in Bedwars games is now a common practice and has become a part of the gameplay. With that being said I absolutely think that "Ghosting" by your own teammates is not an advantage. Quads, Triples and Duos are meant to be played with friends and it is the players' choice to solo queue them.

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
The point is that someone may try really hard to get a final kill in a game to find that the same player is still playing and even helping more than they did alive.

Yuu

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
UltraFartKnocker
Ghosting is a pointless rule, which cant be detected unless you show yourself doing it. Same with damage indicators, jartex finds this super hard to understand for some reason.

Whats even stupider is I can easily ghost on a voice call but not on chat and not get punished for it lmao

MiltonNJ05

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
MiltonNJ05
+1 Simply because 90% of players on Jartex are not aware of the rule. If everyone can’t be held accountable for ghosting most of the time (which they cannot be), then the rule will create a bigger disadvantage for rule followers than anything else. To me, the current advantage of ghosters over rule following non-ghosters is quite unfair (assuming there is someone who actually doesn’t ghost without staff in their party.) Either way, if a rule won’t be followed by 90% of the player base, then it should be removed, be revised, or be better enforced.

OrangeEndy

Donator
Donator
IGN
OrangeEndy
1660049126990-png.22239

What is even the point of IP mute as a punishment in this case, if it is really providing advantages to a player, it should be punished same as "Map exploiting"
, which as I see it does provide significant advantages like Ghosting.
1660049343183.png

Attachments

• 1660049126990.png
    1660049126990.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 23
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
toxicosis

toxicosis

Donator
Donator
+1 Simply because 90% of players on Jartex are not aware of the rule. If everyone can’t be held accountable for ghosting most of the time (which they cannot be), then the rule will create a bigger disadvantage for rule followers than anything else. To me, the current advantage of ghosters over rule following non-ghosters is quite unfair (assuming there is someone who actually doesn’t ghost without staff in their party.) Either way, if a rule won’t be followed by 90% of the player base, then it should be removed, be revised, or be better enforced.
I don't think that removing a rule just because no one knows it exists is sensible. But I do agree that the rule should be revised at the very least!

Status
Not open for further replies.