Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Why I will never apply for staff on JartexNetwork + why I regret buying 2 ranks (Creative and PracticePVP)

• Thread starter Deleted member 43343
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 43343

Hi guys. It'sa me, Mar-- Stop. No jokes. It's me. Your least favorite community member (probably? Not sure after all). And I'm here to discuss why I think joining the staff team on Jartex is a terrible idea. I will NOT be naming anyone in specific, but if I talk about your behaviour, you know who you are! *Cough* Trials *Cough* *More coughing* Moderators *even more coughing*.

When I first joined JartexNetwork, I used to play Bedwars, a lil bit of factions here and there, and then quit for a while. I came back after a while and went into the practice pvp server. This was before the "Great Reset of 2019" that took place on Practice. Simply put: They reset everything, including kills and deaths. They introduced a new lobby, events system and the Pro & Mythic rank. And that's about all I know about the pre-reset. I had big stats there, though. uwu

Now I'm not going to say that I'm innocent - far from it. But some of the stuff that I have been muted for in the past just makes me laugh. Are staff members *cough* Trials *cough* really that sensitive? Why are the rules enforced so harshly? Why not be a little more laid back? I mean, come on. I have over 50 punishments on my record and I bet it would be under 20 if the staff were more laid back.

Then I want to address bans for cheating. I completely support the idea of banning a player for cheating. If the anti-cheat catches the player, they are banned for 1 day, as opposed to permanently when caught by a staff member. Don't get me wrong, hackers should definitely be banned, but punishments should be reduced for first offense hacking bans. (i.e 30 days - 1st offense | 90 days - 2nd offense | 360 days - 3rd offense | permanent - 4th offense)
Now I did some digging in the past and from what I've been told, if you were caught by staff and permanently banned, you can get unbanned, provided you appeal and enough time has passed since your ban. If this is true, then that's good and shows some leniency, that I support.

Lastly when it comes to the rules, client modification rules. By no means do I support cheating. Let's put that first. I've cheated myself in the past and got banned for it, and more so than I'm willing to admit. Because of the many 1 day bans that I received, I just gave up on cheating. Keep in mind that this was on an account that I now no longer operate and wish to leave behind. On to the actual point though.
Some client modification rules are ridiculous. Why can't players use damage indicators? Seriously, what's wrong with them? From my point of view, this is something that Mojang should've added long ago. And another argument for allowing damage indicators is when you shoot an arrow in another player in Practice, you see how much health they have left. So I really don't see the problem with damage indicators here.
Not only are specific innocent mods banned, sometimes an entire modpack is allowed, but certain mods within that modpack aren't allowed. Take for example LabyMod. LabyMod has Damage Indicators. And LabyMod is "GLOBALLY ALLOWED". You would expect you can reign supreme and do whatever you want within that modpack, right? Wrong. Damage Indicators are still banned, and if you're on labymod and using them, you're better off turning Damage Indicators off as those in specific aren't allowed.

I do not want to moderate a server that has rules that I myself don't agree with. Keep in mind that while I do not agree with the rules, especially the modpack rules, I will still follow these rules. However, I might violate chat rules here and there ;). I seriously want Jartex to be more laid back, just like Hypixel. And besides, just taking the Damage Indicators as an example, how are you gonna determine if someone is using these? Unless you're gonna screenshare them of course. And the chances of people on your Minecraft server actually being able to comply with a screenshare are extremely low, due to the low IQ of the general playerbase. Minecraft is a game for little kids after all.
Sidenote: They don't allow swearing. But then why not add a chat filter?

So the conclusion on why I regret buying ranks here is because the staff team here is way too sensitive. You can check my punishment history if you want, I've been muted quite a lot, lol.

Thanks for reading this huge text wall, and if it gets deleted it gets deleted. And if it does, that only goes to show how sensitive staff are on this server. And unfortunately, that's the majority of the entire staff team. A message to all the younger staff members on Jartex: Grow up. Start taking more **** from people instead of muting them. You should only mute if they're actually annoying other players.

xBootstrap

Donator
Donator
IGN
Bootstrap__
I have mixed opinions about this, I agree and dont at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.