Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Vanilla player (entity) tracers (70 blocks radius)

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Alright, so recenntly I thought I would use Entity counter to see if a lot of entities cause lag (dont question it) and today I found very broken usage for it.

Before I go into the topic - entity counter is legal thing, you can find it in F3 mode, but you can also use mods to display it without F3 open (in my case I use labymod for this).
image_2020-10-26_204628.png

So basically, player is entity, and if there is a player in a range of 70 blocks, your entity counter will increase. But it increases not only from players - also mobs, armor stands and item frames.
As you can see on screenshot above - there are 2 numbers, first one refers to amount of entities you are currently looking at (so they are "rendered"), and the second one displays all entities in visible range.

Now lets see how you can use it on practice -

Lets say, you want to know if there is a player shifted behind the wall or underground - you can check your E counter and if its not 0 and there are no armor stands from opened chests - you know that there is a player. If you are smart enough you can even find exact direction.
And yeah you can also use math and subtract amount of armor stands from E counter to know if there is a player.

Another use is to find last players camping on islands - if they open chests, until next refill they will keep armor stands that count down refill time, and u basically can know which side to go even if players are not in a visible range.

This for sure could be used to track players not only in skywars, but in bedwars/thebridge as well. In UHC though, there are mobs spawning, which makes it almost impossible to tell where player is.

My explanasion might be difficult to understand, but I dont know how to tell it easier way and I dont wanna make a video on it so yes.

Yanique1

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare