Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied The Bridge Ranked Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

VortexTG

Minecraft Username:
VortexTG​

What is the suggestion about?
The Bridge Ranked Mode​

Description:
The Bridge is mostly a fun game, where you get to attack the other people's nexus or defend your own. However, there are many instances where you are just frustrated with your teammates, whether they won't defend your nexus or don't know how to play the game, it gets a bit annoying when your teammates don't do anything about the guys breaking your nexus while you try to defend your nexus by yourself. In my frustrations I have thought of an idea to reduce these instances and at the same time making the game a bit more fun, The Bridge Ranked mode.

Introduction:
In The Bridge Ranked Mode, players earn ELO points by actively participating in the game, whether it be killing enemies, stopping the enemy from breaking the nexus, breaking the nexus, providing the team with gear, and most importantly winning the game.

Core Mechanics:
Everybody starts with 0 points, and for each game won you get 100 points, combined with the amount of kills you got, amount of nexus damage, times you killed an enemy within the nexus chamber (this also applies to killing the enemy team defenders), and providing teammates with pots, food, and gear.

E.g. each kill = 2 points, killing enemy inside nexus chamber = 5 points, attacking nexus = 3 points, killing enemy team defenders = 5 points, providing for teammates = 5 points (your teammate has to pick up the item you give them to get the point, and can only be given once every once in a while to prevent 2 people from giving each other ELO).

Changes to the Game:
To make it more even, strength is removed to prevent kill farming, making players rely on their PVP skills, not just drinking strength pots and killing people.

To make it even more fair, you only get the win ELO if you contributed to the team, lets say you join the game and do nothing to help the team win like you keep mining and did not help defend the nexus, kill anybody, or gave other people items, you would not get any ELO, but if you do the opposite you would be helping the team and getting ELO.

The games would also be locked, meaning no new players can join after the game started, so that you can't just join a game, get a few kills, win the game and earn some points.

If you lose a game you do not lose ELO points, you only get the points you got from contributing to the team. E.g. Your team loses the game and you get 50 ELO instead of 150 since your team did not win the game.

Rewards:
Playing Ranked TB could also lead to getting more coins (the higher ELO you have), and even getting some kits, to reward the player for playing and to urge them to play more, the kits and coins you have for regular and ranked The Bridge would be the same.

Afterthoughts:
This would help increase the player base of The Bridge, because it would make the game a bit more fun to play, by allowing players to play with others on the same level, making the game less stressful and more enjoyable since you don't have to deal with people whose skill level is lower or higher than yours.

These annoyances also prevent new players from being frustrated and quit playing, and reducing them would help them stick around.

If you have any questions or concerns please reply and I will try to clarify or elaborate further on my ideas, I am also taking suggestions and would edit this post with your suggestions and also a FAQ.

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
This would alleviate the stress of The Bridge and make the bridge more competitive allowing for more players to come and enjoy the game.​

Extra Information:
This is coming from an aspiring indie game developer.​

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Neutral
There will most likely be cheaters, but unless if there was a requirement like to have 250+ kills and 20 wins

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
VortexTG

VortexTG

Neutral
There will most likely be cheaters, but unless if there was a requirement like to have 250+ kills and 20 wins
Crap, I did not even consider that, I was more focused on the fact that they would get caught before they even rank up to a good level, but then again I forget that not every hacker is blatant, but that is a great idea that I might add into my post (with credits).

Meshq

I agree with the fact that it can be quite frustrating when you lose a game because of your shitty team, but I'm not sure how realizable this is to do.
But it might be good anyways,
+1

Absprache

Donator
Donator
Hey VortexTG!
I really like your suggestion but as of right now after update, TB peaks at mostly 300-350 players ( we gained like 70 players after update- it was 200-280 before ). I dont think we really need a ranking system for 300 players right now. However if in the future TB gains popularity then yes it would be a good idea. Also not to mention Andy and the other devs worked tirelessly for this update, it wouldnt make sense to demand another update directly.

ovq

Addicted Member
Banned
Known Member
Donator
IGN
ovq
Suggestion - DENIED
Hello, VortexTG​
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network. After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to deny it.​
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!​

Kind Regards,​
~ ovq

Status
Not open for further replies.