Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD
  • Welcome to Suggestions
    More information can be found here: CLICK ME

Survival survival build battles

oom7

Donator
Donator
IGN
oom7Gamer_YT , oom7
Minecraft Username:
OOM7 , oom7Gamer_YT (my ig is lowkey embarrassing)​

What is your suggestion's title?
survival build battles​

Suggestion Details:
hello back to another survival suggestion to be added to the bile, this one is also another event idea for survival however it's a bit different because it's a regularly held event.​
the idea is to host building battles on survival as follows :​

" deciding the build "

- So first of all let's go over how should the building topic be decided and how the players should be notified of it, so starting off with the building decision and we have 2 options :​
- option 1: runners team just decides the building every time.
pros:
-it is kinda more fair as it will be something that is being applied to everyone and no one really has a deciding hand in it. so if someone -say- is specialized in building beds, for example, he would have to wait till the runners decide beds.​
- (knowing that the second option is holding votes) it will limit people trying to go for builds that just have plenty of tutorials available on the internet, giving the runners the time and opportunity to investigate whether the build they decide is actually an already popular one or not. Picking rare-to-see builds should increase creativity and make things overall more interesting.​
cons:
- could be an overload for the team as I am planning to make this a weekly thing however if u also get the staff team in the gig so like each week a different member gets the chance to pick the build, it shouldn't be as much of a burden as if it would have been if it was only roda for example. also as I will suggest later on.... even builders team ? đź‘€
- option 2: the participants vote for the build from a list made by the runners.
pros :​
- u give the ppl what they want.​
- increase community engagement for whatever that is worth.​
cons :
- people will keep leaning towards stuff that has youtube tutorials.​

"how do we know ?"

regarding this, I suggest making a discord channel on the main discord server for previewing the builds, the building topic should be announced in the events channel and the submission channel would be only visible to people who have the "survival build battle events" role which is going to be a reaction role.​
whenever it's the topic announcement, people with events roles get notified and whenever it's voting time, people with "survival build battle events" get notified in the private channel.​
why do I prefer it to be on the main server even though, a separate server can just be made for the topic?
well for a variety of reasons being :​
  • first of all, say person x doesn't play survival and he just doesn't really care, don't worry I got him in mind too !! knowing what we know, I am sure "x" would still love to scroll through some Minecraft creations in his spare time especially since I know that jartex has some of the best builders out there, and builds could get very impressive and fun to judge.
  • having a different server would limit it to people who follow the topic and or play survival and really just the wider the audience the more fun it would be so again even though it will be limited to people with the role, clicking a reaction role is something I would do cuz eh why not, I might take a look weekly it could be fun also, an extra role so ye win win, but not many people would join a server just to look at builds.
  • since the discord server has mostly players who just join to play minigames, exposing them to other game modes like survival helps the server a ton cuz:
a- it makes people who just come for a game or two of bed wars shift to a more addictive / stick-around-type game mode like survival or sbd and if we look at this stat :​

- when joining survival with 142 players online, you are most likely to find 22 (trough) - 37 (climax) ranked players with a decent ratio of them having ranks such as duke and king which can not be obtained via vouchers and has to be only bought.​
- when joining 20 different bedwars games with 160 players ( 18 extra players for making a room for the margin of error resulting from joining different games with the same players and nicked diamond and crystal rank players even though ik it's a very slight chance but better be safe ) I only managed to find 2 iron ranks and one gold and the irons may have even been vote ranks.​
we conclude from that, encouraging players to shift from a battle royal style game mode to a more progress-based game mode is even better for the server financially as u can observe from the ratio of ranked players per every 140 players stated above for the one game on the go type of game mode vs progressive game mode.​
needless to say, u can msg me on discord to see screenshots of the stats yourself, im not uploading them cuz arranging images here is a real pain so ye : )​
also for survival players who are not following the discord, you can add a banner at survival spawn that has the competition info, rules, rewards, current topic, and a link to the discord server so they can submit and vote.​

the schedule

- I suggest that the event gets held weekly as this will benefit the server by :
1- keep the players active for the whole season as compared with scenarios where it would be held :
seasonally: yea it will be the next prison, 150 players on reset day and 60 players in the last 2 months or just after payout generally.
monthly: while yes it will be more acceptable with the rewards and frequency of rating, it will mean players will be active for only one week maybe less depending on how much time they need to finish the build then go inactive for the rest of the month.
weekly:
- it will be exactly just enough for people to finish it, submit, and get started with the new build and repeat, assuring players will be always active and on the grind for the whole season.
- nerf the advantage Gkit blocks players have as they will only get 2 stacks of the building blocks per event rather than saving up say 8 stacks if it was held monthly.
- pump more and more builds into the scene simultaneously increasing the skill level week after another and making it even more and more worth it to judge the builds even if you are not participating hence again putting us back to the progress-based game mode exposure point.

- if u do take my advice and make it weekly, I suggest u divide the week as follows :​
  • the topic gets released on Saturday morning.​
  • from Saturday morning to Wednesday night is the building window.​
  • Thursday and Friday will be dedicated to submitting and voting only.​
first of all, I suggested that submission only starts on Thursday because naturally the submission that gets on earlier will be viewed more since the early judges see them and late ones too so to try to nerf that a bit I would say we make submission start later in the week so everyone gets the opportunity to submit at the same time and how much time u put into the build and how early u finish it won't matter hence applying less pressure on the builders to finish asap and rush builds.​
secondly, I chose the weekend days as judging days so young players who have allowance days can also be a part of the judging process at least if they can't participate in the event.
ps: if u think I'm joking check out this graph where u can see in the past month the game trend had 4 spikes and yes u guessed it, they were all on Thursdays or Fridays depending on ur timezone : )

"who should run it?"

I believe jartex already has an event builders team if I am not wrong so yea it would be finally their time to shine after being sided for so long. also management team can manage it or staff in general but I just thought I would put the event builders bit out there so they finally have a job lol.​

"Rewards"

i suggest rewarding the top 3 winners of each week with :​
#1 : 1700 gold (15 eu worth of gold)​
#2 : 1200 gold (10 eu worth of gold)​
#3 : 500 gold (5 eu worth of gold)​
tbh I just suggested the rewards so I don't feel like I left u without them and obviously, you can just decide whatever reward you want but I think gold would be the most suitable reward, and again, amounts are up to you. I understand that if this goes on to become a weekly thing (which I believe is the best for the server's interest as shown above), 30 eu of weekly rewards (120eu monthly) might be a bit too much so as I said quantity is really up to you but I highly recommend you make it weekly if you go on to accept the suggestion.​
Edit : a better thing could be making it only top 1 gets 25 eu since :
1- its more reasonable as the #1 gets an acceptable reward cuz 25eu is a bit low for a first place ngl also not too high cuz as i said i recommend them to be weekly.

2- it may not get that many submissions weekly so a top 3 out of lets say 20 submissions is kinda too much so a top #1 seems more acceptable moneywise and has a good ratio in perspective for the total participants.

Or,
u can mix it up, if this week has a lot of participants, make it top 3, if it doesnt perform that well in one of the weeks, make it top 1.

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
it is explained with the details up there​

Extra Information:
i have covid so im trying to pass my time in quarntine doing stuff like these suggestions, it would be lit if you read them fully before voting on them and even more lit if u check my other suggestions :)

Last edited:
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
oom7

oom7

Donator
Donator
IGN
oom7Gamer_YT , oom7
how we gon do this with 0 mods i up voted anyways
As I suggested, the event doesn't really require mod supervision other than just checking that the build is yours so, event builders team can run it actually or ofc staff can just take over. Both work just fine

bbbbbb

Addicted Member
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Events Builder
IGN
bbbbbbb
As I suggested, the event doesn't really require mod supervision other than just checking that the build is yours so, event builders team can run it actually or ofc staff can just take over. Both work just fine
I mean we might needa look out for inappropriate builds but we can always report them when we find one xd

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
oom7

oom7

Donator
Donator
IGN
oom7Gamer_YT , oom7
I mean we might needa look out for inappropriate builds but we can always report them when we find one xd
Ye ofc inapp and off topic builds are -needless to say- not going to be allowed which yes might require mod supervision to just remove them off the submission channel

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
oom7

oom7

Donator
Donator
IGN
oom7Gamer_YT , oom7
i suggest rewarding the top 3 winners of each week with :

#1 : 1700 gold (15 eu worth of gold)

#2 : 1200 gold (10 eu worth of gold)

#3 : 500 gold (5 eu worth of gold)
Edit : a better thing could be making it only top 1 gets 25 eu since :
1- its more reasonable as the #1 gets an acceptable reward cuz 25eu is a bit low for a first place ngl also not too high cuz as i said i recommend them to be weekly.

2- it may not get that many submissions weekly so a top 3 out of lets say 20 submissions is kinda too much so a top #1 seems more acceptable moneywise and has a good ratio in perspective for the total participants.

Or,
u can mix it up, if this week has a lot of participants, make it top 3, if it doesnt perform that well in one of the weeks, make it top 1.

whenever i have sth to add to any of my suggestions to refine them or make them better i will add it in the suggestion and make a reply drawing attention to the edit for the people who are following the post so they notice and give constant feedback if they see it is needed.... THIS IS NOT intended for gravedigging.... yes, I'm talking to you ovq do not give me a stupid warning point.

Mack

Donator
Donator
IGN
lpwmack_17
Suggestion - Upvote (+1)

Hey oom7,

I decided to give your Suggestion “survival build battles” an
Upvote (+1)

I hope that this Gets Accepted, And Goodluck with this.

Goodluck!