Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Splash potions?

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
So, a short while back, I was just idly thinking of new things to add to bedwars, like usual because I am a good developer! Anyway, I was wondering what the general opinion is on splash potions. I was thinking of making it like this:

You right-click on a potion in the shop, and it turns into the splash variant of it, that you can then buy. This does not come without drawbacks, however:

- The splash potion will have half the duration of the drinkable one
- The splash potion will cost 2 emeralds in solos/doubles and 3 emeralds in triples/quads

I personally think this is an item that could lead to some interesting strategies.

Some feedback I have already gotten:

"Why so many nerfs?"
Splash potions are, in most situations, better than regular potions. The nerfs I discussed previously are put in place to make them more on par with regular potions, not better.

"Wouldn't everyone just buy a regular potion with all these nerfs? What's the point?"
Most people would still buy a regular potion, I agree, but there are many uses where splash potions are superior and fun to use. I want to add splash potions due to the variety of interesting strategies you can use with them, for example:

- Rushing a base without pots, noticing they have blindness, quickly splashing jump and getting away.
- Not paying attention at mid, getting crit out, quickly splashing speed and comboing your enemy.
- Rushing a base while an enemy is chasing you, wasting no time drinking a pot and instead quickly splashing speed to get to the base faster.

And there's probably a lot more situations you can think of. I'd like to know your thoughts on this idea below, with valid feedback on why you do/don't like it.

Thanks!
~ Nirahz

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Nirahz

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
-1 I dislike the idea of adding splash potions, I feel like it'd still be too overpowered even if you nerfed them, and I much more prefer drinkable pots.
what's something you'd do to make them even less overpowered?

Tarun0707

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
Tarun0707
Great idea, would be very happy if this gets implemented :)

ItsFabrix

Donator
Donator
+1 , Good idea, nerfs seem a bit too high but I can think of a few strategies where splash pots will be worth those extra emeralds, it will make the game more dynamic and make it easier to deal with people who no-life to prot 4

Dogduckdog

Donator
Donator
IGN
dogduckdog / adonxs
kinda mixed about this one,

how about no and u fix the bug where you drink a pot and dont get the effects instead

reason for no : youll also splash your enemy very often and give them the effects too , gl then

Nightwave_YT

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nightwave_YT
what's something you'd do to make them even less overpowered?
Well, I don't see a middle ground for where it'd be fun for the community as well as not be too insanely overpowered. t's either you nerf it too lightly to the point it changes Bedwars strategies completely which wouldn't be fun in my opinion, or you nerf it too heavily to where it becomes a late-game item and rarely used, or people just don't use them because they aren't as good as the normal drinkable potions.

draggex

Donator
Great Reporter
Donator
+1
I like the idea of adding different variants of the same items, so you get the power to choose your own strategies.

Thekillerwolf55

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
Thekillerwolf55
reason being?!?! i asked for valid reason mister team minigames please give VALID REASON VALID REASON
Yeah its a great idea but bad at same time so here
When splashing the potion sometimes it can hit to the enemy and they can get effect and when you are a final and have an opportunity to go away with potions u cant just splash it like yeah and drinking is better and please ad invisible Pot and some other helpful potion thanks
Thekillerwolf55

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Nirahz

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
Well, I don't see a middle ground for where it'd be fun for the community as well as not be too insanely overpowered. t's either you nerf it too lightly to the point it changes Bedwars strategies completely which wouldn't be fun in my opinion, or you nerf it too heavily to where it becomes a late-game item and rarely used, or people just don't use them because they aren't as good as the normal drinkable potions.
yeah, i think thats fair. my reasoning behind asking for community feedback on this item in the first place was because I figured it would be fun to just have something new and refreshing, something people can build new strategies around and mess around with to explore the potential it has. currently there are not that many items you buy with emeralds, you just end up buying the same things over and over. i think something like this would add variety and a new element of strategy that could be fun, but if the community doesn't like it I wont consider it further of course. might be helpful to add it to private games and allow people to mess around with it? idk, maybe that would help

Thekillerwolf55

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
IGN
Thekillerwolf55
that's a good idea instead of making it for ranked bedwars player you can make it as a trial bedwars so in that you can add potions or some new utilities and even more variety of potions like harming potions for 4 ems or 3 or we can do poison potion "splash" but instead of making splash potion why don't make it that can harm your enemy or you can add variety like splash potion of leaping with potion of leaping (bottle) for solo and duos or squads this idea is only for trial purposes if community really likes it you guys can add it
thanks -Thekillerwolf55