Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Something is wrong with bedwars

PeterGamerPro

Hello, people who read the forums of this server!

I have been playing a lot of bedwars on this server recently and I really enjoyed the experience and the overall idea of it. But I have detected many issues that affect negatively the gameplay and it is very annoying. So, if you are a developer, please consider focusing on bedwars (updating the plugins and fixing bugs)

I want to begin with the KB inconsistencies that have been occurring in EVERY GAME. What I mean is that I hit the players in a way that, under normal circumstances, they would be sent flying (w-tapping, block-hitting) but instead they barely move, or they just take vertical knockback (only in the y-axes). This makes it A LOT harder to combo people and it gives the feel that everyone uses anti-KB and/or "reduce" with 7 clicks per second. This makes the game-play in my opinion totally unfair because I always take the normal amount of KB, if not more than I should. I also experimented with KB sticks and I found out that after getting hit once while being mid-air I got about 10 blocks of knockback. My friend on the other hand fought a dude with jump-boost and after getting hit one time, still mid-air, they got 5 blocks of knockback (using w-tapping and knockback resetting after each hit). The final thing about knockback is that people, even though they are not moving forward, they deal the maximum knockback sending me flying over the void and making me question my life choices.

The second thing I want to talk about is fall damage. After playing many games and fighting many battles, I realized that when someone takes fall damage and then jumps right after, they go higher (instead of jumping the normal 1 block high, they jump 2 blocks high). And there are many times that I have been lagged back when I tried running between tight places in some specific maps. One possible explanation might be that the server is being back-ported (from 1.16 to 1.8.9) instead of being ported forward (1.8.9 to 1.16).

Lastly, there is something very odd with hit registration. People that get hit and get knockback successfully somehow manage to get a hit on me even though they are more than 3 blocks away. After getting that weird hits they proceed to stop moving backward, as intended, and they "break" the combo making it seem like they are using kill-aura, reach, and anti-kb. There are sometimes that people hit me, I see the particles coming from me, I take damage but the "hit" sound does not play at all, rather it just slows down my movement.

I would like you to give your opinion on this thread and if you are having similar problems, please inform the staff team, so they can fix these bugs and GREATLY improve the experience!

bene_e

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Donator
Hello PeterGamerPro PeterGamerPro

-- If it have found any bugs or glitches in gameplay please consider reporting them here
and if you have any suggestion, the right place of suggesting it is here

thank you
- Bene

Technostein2

Donator
Donator
Hello, people who read the forums of this server!

I have been playing a lot of bedwars on this server recently and I really enjoyed the experience and the overall idea of it. But I have detected many issues that affect negatively the gameplay and it is very annoying. So, if you are a developer, please consider focusing on bedwars (updating the plugins and fixing bugs)

I want to begin with the KB inconsistencies that have been occurring in EVERY GAME. What I mean is that I hit the players in a way that, under normal circumstances, they would be sent flying (w-tapping, block-hitting) but instead they barely move, or they just take vertical knockback (only in the y-axes). This makes it A LOT harder to combo people and it gives the feel that everyone uses anti-KB and/or "reduce" with 7 clicks per second. This makes the game-play in my opinion totally unfair because I always take the normal amount of KB, if not more than I should. I also experimented with KB sticks and I found out that after getting hit once while being mid-air I got about 10 blocks of knockback. My friend on the other hand fought a dude with jump-boost and after getting hit one time, still mid-air, they got 5 blocks of knockback (using w-tapping and knockback resetting after each hit). The final thing about knockback is that people, even though they are not moving forward, they deal the maximum knockback sending me flying over the void and making me question my life choices.

The second thing I want to talk about is fall damage. After playing many games and fighting many battles, I realized that when someone takes fall damage and then jumps right after, they go higher (instead of jumping the normal 1 block high, they jump 2 blocks high). And there are many times that I have been lagged back when I tried running between tight places in some specific maps. One possible explanation might be that the server is being back-ported (from 1.16 to 1.8.9) instead of being ported forward (1.8.9 to 1.16).

Lastly, there is something very odd with hit registration. People that get hit and get knockback successfully somehow manage to get a hit on me even though they are more than 3 blocks away. After getting that weird hits they proceed to stop moving backward, as intended, and they "break" the combo making it seem like they are using kill-aura, reach, and anti-kb. There are sometimes that people hit me, I see the particles coming from me, I take damage but the "hit" sound does not play at all, rather it just slows down my movement.

I would like you to give your opinion on this thread and if you are having similar problems, please inform the staff team, so they can fix these bugs and GREATLY improve the experience!
To talk about your KB denotement, here are some criteria the KBs work with:
1-The ping difference; the higher the ping, the more later/delayed KB a Player will take regardless of which technique or weapon you use.
2-Timing; I have no clue why, but sometimes, striking an opponent narrow-timed whilst jumping reduces their KB, you might need to hit twice.
3-Overall Jartex KB; as you're probably already aware, every minigame shares the Practice knockback, which is only a tiny bit different from Vanilla Knockback (the one you'd take in Singleplayer) since it's meant for PvP.
On the apropos of Fall damage:
Every time you take fall damage, your movement/Velocity cancels out, including your KB and jump for a split second, meaning — If you try to jump within that period of time, you will be dragged back/pushed into the void/entirely unable to jump, however, exceeding two blocks probably has something to do only with 1.8+ versions, but I've had moments of jumping over 2 blocks after fall damage myself, and I think that's once again a Ping based issue — you take delayed damage&boost.
And lastly, hit registration - It's different on every server, and is rather Server-User's side cooperation, how well does the server perceive your hit packets, which once again is all Ping based. Getting double hits or triple hits is Ping&CPS&Aim thema (mostly ping); not to mention that some people use Lunar client that has better hit registration than regular clients&boosters.
But let's not forget that some people actually Cheat, so it's still recommended to report them to staff, whenever you feel like someone's KB is really odd, just in case ;p

KSyolo

Hello PeterGamerPro PeterGamerPro

-- If it have found any bugs or glitches in gameplay please consider reporting them here
and if you have any suggestion, the right place of suggesting it is here

thank you
- Bene
Did you even read the whole thing 🤦‍♂️

bene_e

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Donator
Did you even read the whole thing 🤦‍♂️
yes, i did and your saying this and that should fixed, and this is not the place for it

anyways read what Technostein read above, will be helpful for you

Technostein2

Donator
Donator
yes, i did and your saying this and that should fixed, and this is not the place for it

anyways read what Technostein read above, will be helpful for you
It's not a suggestion, it's a "complain"/debate/opinions post, they're at the right place sir

bene_e

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Donator
It's not a suggestion, it's a "complain"/debate/opinions post, they're at the right place sir
well, actually yes your right my bad, it just seemed like one to me