Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

SBF - The Biggest Scam

Modena__

Donator
Donator
IGN
TotallyNotLeo
Hello everyone, I'm Leo, some of you here may know me from SBF seeing as it's the game mode I've been playing for a little over 2 years now. I am well aware that it has been down for quite some months, but I would like to make a proposal and a breakdown of what has happened to this game mode we all love.

Before I start, I would like to clarify that this is NOT an official thread, and everything said beyond this point forward is solely my assumptions and criticism towards this game mode and how the staff have chosen to handle this. I am also aware that I am going to be dealing with some sensitive topics, and the likelihood of this post getting deleted to cover up the things I've said is quite high.

The Backstory
Anyway, to understand why the game mode has been closed in the first place, we have to understand that this game has not been reset since October 2019, which as of when I'm writing this post, it has been about a year and a half since it last reset, and everyone knows that a game mode that isn't reset in a long period of time is said to be a "dead" game mode. However, SBF was anything but dead. It would average about 50-60 players a day back before Jartex Network grew popular having its peak at about 5000 subsequent players online.

This being said, since SBF has not been reset in a long time, there are many known bugs, one of which was deadly that caused its shutting down in approximately end of December 2020 to mid January 2021. This bug would allow players to be able to break blocks outside of their co-op range, which included top islands and server warps, such as /warp fps and so on. In response to this, the staff have quote on quote "temporarily" locked the game mode, restricting entry of players while they were working out a fix. It has been 3 months now, and the problem has yet to be resolved.

Flashback to about a year go, this exact same bug happened before which involved players working together to destroy the ex-number 1 island in the server, and again, the server has been locked to work out a fix. If I recall correctly the fix only took at most 2-3 weeks, and a rollback applied to ensure the players' items were intact from a previous backup.

This being said, it is clear that the staff members, owners and developers have no concern over the game mode. Why?
Again, a sensitive topic but a necessary one, the owners are only interested in the income racked in from their game modes. As long as a game mode can make some cash, they'll get often resets and updates, as well as consistent bug fixes. We've seen Factions and SBD reset over 6 times each since October 2019, and they've also implemented a couple of new game modes, including a second variation of Factions and a Survival server. So tell me, is it really hard to work out a simple bug fix? Though SBF isn't exactly the main money-maker of Jartex Network, it's still notable that it's one of the originals of this server, and to see it go (just like we've seen EggWars get folded) would be an absolute heartbreaker, and I can say that in the shoes of most SBF players, seeing as this is our second home where we've made friends, had laughs and all the wonderful memories we've made.

Where's my money?
Another sensitive topic to catch up on would be the amount of real-life currency spent on this game mode. I can say this for not only myself, but the majority of players who play SBF who have spent at least a couple bucks on the game mode itself. This being in respect of mainly GKits, which are packages you can claim weekly that'll boost your gameplay and give you a slight advantage moving on. With that, it's known that any player with GKits has been robbed of 3 months (12-13 weeks) worth of GKits, and it is very well known that none of us will get any form of compensation for it, despite spending LEGITIMATE currency on said GKits in the JN Webstore. If this isn't daylight robbery, then what is?

All of us are unsure about the fate of SBF, whether it'll be taken down or just discontinued completely, and if that is the case, the amount of money and time spent will have went down the drain, without any obvious or directed compensation for it.

Epilogue
Last but not least, as we've been given a sliver of hope that SBF would be reopened by March 2021, again we have been let down. I would like to advise that, if you're unsure of when you'd be able to implement a fix, the least you could do is not give the players false hope. Without the playerbase, the server itself is nothing, the server gives a space for players' entertainment, and in return they achieve financial gain, it is a mutual respect and relationship between server and playerbase. Thus, the bare minimum would be to give your share of contribution, seeing as the players have clearly contributed more than the server has at this very moment.

2020-02-28_22.10.04.png
Flashback to late February 2020, when SBF wasn't a scam.

trieuhh

Donator
Donator
+1 Nothing to say really... This post perfectly sums up the current situation of SBF.