Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

SBF - The Biggest Scam

Modena__

Donator
Donator
IGN
TotallyNotLeo
Hello everyone, I'm Leo, some of you here may know me from SBF seeing as it's the game mode I've been playing for a little over 2 years now. I am well aware that it has been down for quite some months, but I would like to make a proposal and a breakdown of what has happened to this game mode we all love.

Before I start, I would like to clarify that this is NOT an official thread, and everything said beyond this point forward is solely my assumptions and criticism towards this game mode and how the staff have chosen to handle this. I am also aware that I am going to be dealing with some sensitive topics, and the likelihood of this post getting deleted to cover up the things I've said is quite high.

The Backstory
Anyway, to understand why the game mode has been closed in the first place, we have to understand that this game has not been reset since October 2019, which as of when I'm writing this post, it has been about a year and a half since it last reset, and everyone knows that a game mode that isn't reset in a long period of time is said to be a "dead" game mode. However, SBF was anything but dead. It would average about 50-60 players a day back before Jartex Network grew popular having its peak at about 5000 subsequent players online.

This being said, since SBF has not been reset in a long time, there are many known bugs, one of which was deadly that caused its shutting down in approximately end of December 2020 to mid January 2021. This bug would allow players to be able to break blocks outside of their co-op range, which included top islands and server warps, such as /warp fps and so on. In response to this, the staff have quote on quote "temporarily" locked the game mode, restricting entry of players while they were working out a fix. It has been 3 months now, and the problem has yet to be resolved.

Flashback to about a year go, this exact same bug happened before which involved players working together to destroy the ex-number 1 island in the server, and again, the server has been locked to work out a fix. If I recall correctly the fix only took at most 2-3 weeks, and a rollback applied to ensure the players' items were intact from a previous backup.

This being said, it is clear that the staff members, owners and developers have no concern over the game mode. Why?
Again, a sensitive topic but a necessary one, the owners are only interested in the income racked in from their game modes. As long as a game mode can make some cash, they'll get often resets and updates, as well as consistent bug fixes. We've seen Factions and SBD reset over 6 times each since October 2019, and they've also implemented a couple of new game modes, including a second variation of Factions and a Survival server. So tell me, is it really hard to work out a simple bug fix? Though SBF isn't exactly the main money-maker of Jartex Network, it's still notable that it's one of the originals of this server, and to see it go (just like we've seen EggWars get folded) would be an absolute heartbreaker, and I can say that in the shoes of most SBF players, seeing as this is our second home where we've made friends, had laughs and all the wonderful memories we've made.

Where's my money?
Another sensitive topic to catch up on would be the amount of real-life currency spent on this game mode. I can say this for not only myself, but the majority of players who play SBF who have spent at least a couple bucks on the game mode itself. This being in respect of mainly GKits, which are packages you can claim weekly that'll boost your gameplay and give you a slight advantage moving on. With that, it's known that any player with GKits has been robbed of 3 months (12-13 weeks) worth of GKits, and it is very well known that none of us will get any form of compensation for it, despite spending LEGITIMATE currency on said GKits in the JN Webstore. If this isn't daylight robbery, then what is?

All of us are unsure about the fate of SBF, whether it'll be taken down or just discontinued completely, and if that is the case, the amount of money and time spent will have went down the drain, without any obvious or directed compensation for it.

Epilogue
Last but not least, as we've been given a sliver of hope that SBF would be reopened by March 2021, again we have been let down. I would like to advise that, if you're unsure of when you'd be able to implement a fix, the least you could do is not give the players false hope. Without the playerbase, the server itself is nothing, the server gives a space for players' entertainment, and in return they achieve financial gain, it is a mutual respect and relationship between server and playerbase. Thus, the bare minimum would be to give your share of contribution, seeing as the players have clearly contributed more than the server has at this very moment.

2020-02-28_22.10.04.png
Flashback to late February 2020, when SBF wasn't a scam.

XstreamSpeed

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
XstreamSpeed
I totally agree Jartex just cannot fold this server like egg wars when ppl have spent dollars upon dollars for this game mode and if we try to get our money back if the game mode is closed they'll just ban us nice one Jartex and at some game modes that get the least amount of attention need more attention when you have ranks worth tens of dollars. Only people with actual ranks will understand the pain and loss of their time and money.

UrLocalDD

Donator
Donator
+1 as a player of SkyBlock Fantasy I think it is ridiculous how the game mode has been treated over the years and people referring to it as being ''Dead'' is because the server its self doesn't reset. I am quite sure they can fix that bug anytime, but they won't as they will only focus on game modes that make money, but in reality Skyblock Fantasy would make almost the same amount Skyblock Dream makes if not more if it were to be reset. It is heartbreaking and the Sbf community is dreadfully disappointed in The Owners and Developers. I know of someone who spent $500 on Sbf from Last year sept-December, and He thinks that the fact is Sbf made more money than SBD did in that time just from him alone. He said ''The fact that I spent about $500 on sbf, and then it closes 3months later is absurd'' so I think the Owners should take the sbf community more seriously. Please let us have our favourite game mode back. I spoke to About 12 of the main Sbf players and asked them about their Jartex experience without sbf and majority said ''I feel like there is nothing to do on the server, I know just log on and float around the server in board em'' And this isn't fair on the community. The Owners and Devs pushed sbf twice, giving us hope on March and ripping it from us, then doing the same for April now it doesn't even say ''Be Back In'' It is just closed. There is a difference between The people who spent money On Egg wars and Skyblock Fantasy. The ranks from egg wars carried on to other game modes, so they didn't lose anything whereas the ranks from sbf will be gone forever if it closes which is a Huge loss for the people. Leo has made the best argument on Skyblock Fantasy and I think you all should listen to him. Thank You <3

rLilJesus

Donator
Donator
Hey, you talk about scams huh?

Without trying to take the owner's side. It's not their fault they have to keep up with a bill of stuff u cannot even imagine + their personal life.

On the other hand, no one forced you to play SBF or Jartex nor did the owners threaten u to buy items from the store for the specific game-mode or else u get banned. It was your decision to lead you in that position and even if u didn't spend money but play-time however, do not expect something to last forever it was going to an end sooner or later, money spent, or even time simply cannot be turned back u choose the conditions and u simply have to deal with them.

rLilJesus

Donator
Donator
Good evening,

I found many parts of your message incredibly dumb to be honest. TotallyNotLeo is right; he enjoyed the gamemode and decided to buy a rank worth 90 euros. How would you feel if your gamemode like SkyBlock Dreem was discontinued and you spent 50 or even 75 euros on this server? So please, the server is good but please, please stop fully disagreeing with his points that you cannot deny. I hope you do not argue against me.

I do agree that they have a life. However, they reset other gamemodes but not skyblock fantasy.
The money you spent on the server cannot be returned back either way. Any way you move on to win against the server will simply not work. You see you signed up to the terms and conditions of the server. With or without your realization you have checked up on what they offer including the rank and the terms. You basically "dug your own grave" no harm meant in the sentence or in an actual way. It is referred to as "you got yourself in the position really".

However, it is understood that this is not cool by the time u have spent money on the server and lose them that stupidly so no blame and it doesn't necessarily mean I am with their side I do agree with you but it is the truth.

UrLocalDD

Donator
Donator
Hey, you talk about scams huh?

Without trying to take the owner's side. It's not their fault they have to keep up with a bill of stuff u cannot even imagine + their personal life.

On the other hand, no one forced you to play SBF or Jartex nor did the owners threaten u to buy items from the store for the specific game-mode or else u get banned. It was your decision to lead you in that position and even if u didn't spend money but play-time however, do not expect something to last forever it was going to an end sooner or later, money spent, or even time simply cannot be turned back u choose the conditions and u simply have to deal with them.
I agree with you but the owners can't be that busy with bills and irl if they can reset sbd 6 times without considering sbf.

FieryAngel

Donator
Donator
IGN
ThatDudeFiery
I agree with you but the owners can't be that busy with bills and irl if they can reset sbd 6 times without considering sbf.
True, I left Jartex for 9 Months or so and SBD got reset like 8 times and SBF haven't even reset at all.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Modena__

Modena__

Donator
Donator
IGN
TotallyNotLeo
The money you spent on the server cannot be returned back either way. Any way you move on to win against the server will simply not work. You see you signed up to the terms and conditions of the server. With or without your realization you have checked up on what they offer including the rank and the terms. You basically "dug your own grave" no harm meant in the sentence or in an actual way. It is referred to as "you got yourself in the position really".

However, it is understood that this is not cool by the time u have spent money on the server and lose them that stupidly so no blame and it doesn't necessarily mean I am with their side I do agree with you but it is the truth.
You have to understand I'm not here to start an argument, I'm simply stating what has happened throughout the past (x) months and my thoughts toward the situation

ankata

So where is the staff? Why they don't speak about the Skyblock they ruined?

Flexier

Donator
Donator
It's still down/temp shut down, so I don't think they have decided anything on what the future of SBF should be. So, let's just wait patiently till they decide.