Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted Remove the hopper/chest shop 'security' feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary01

I recently submitted a but report: https://jartexnetwork.com/forum/thr...p-at-the-first-shop-chest-they-land-in.11647/ regarding hoppers not pulling items from chest shops to the next chest shop.

As you'll see, I was informed this is intended as a security feature, so people can't siphon off the profits if they are a member of your island. The thread is locked so I can't question the logic there, so i'm questioning it here instead.

I understand it's a security feature, but it's a stupid one. Someone that has access to add a hopper to an island has access to remove every other block except a shop, including hoppers, spawners themselves, diamonds and those blocks you placed so Barry wouldn't fall to his death.

As a security feature it protects some blaze rods and beef and spider parts while negatively affecting the shop-makers ability to easily sell their wares.

As I say, I understand the intent but I think it's a little bit like shutting the stable door after the horses are gone.

Last edited:

mmaarten

i can see what you mean but the amount of scamming reports we had every day when the security system wasn't in place, tells me that it is needed.
a -1 from me

Suhayl

Addicted Member
Binary01 Binary01 if a thread regarding an issue is closed then leave it closed do not bring it up again.
But since u have a point here, then this will be the final discussion regarding this issue.

Poll has been edited and will close in 7days. If u have a lot of people supporting this idea then we will take it up to higher staff.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Binary01

Binary01

Are you legit telling me this post is incorrect? What is the 'correct' route for questioning an answer that I didn't find satisfactory? If the thread wasn't immediately locked I could have asked a followup but the over-moderation game is strong here and it seems that despite it being a message board, any attempt at real communication is shut down almost immediately.

I guess i'm a little annoyed because I thought I was doing the right thing. I posted a bug, was told it's not a bug so posted a suggestion to remove the 'feature' that was the original request. How does that not make sense?

I guess i've learned my lesson though. I'll stop using the forums and just play the game and deal with whatever comes of it.

Last edited:

SoloTurk06

Addicted Member
Dont do it people will lose Important items people they uses shop signs to store stuff without gettin stolen here is a example for how to make it

Attachments

• 2017-05-04_17.28.44.png
    2017-05-04_17.28.44.png
    216.9 KB · Views: 20

Suhayl

Addicted Member
Are you legit telling me this post is incorrect? What is the 'correct' route for questioning an answer that I didn't find satisfactory? If the thread wasn't immediately locked I could have asked a followup but the over-moderation game is strong here and it seems that despite it being a message board, any attempt at real communication is shut down almost immediately.

I guess i'm a little annoyed because I thought I was doing the right thing. I posted a bug, was told it's not a bug so posted a suggestion to remove the 'feature' that was the original request. How does that not make sense?

I guess i've learned my lesson though. I'll stop using the forums and just play the game and deal with whatever comes of it.

When ur first thread was closed you should have contacted the staff who locked it and asked what u could do since ur issue was unsolved.

But u got another chance here so I don't understand why you're still complaining...

Suhayl

Addicted Member
Dont do it people will lose Important items people they uses shop signs to store stuff without gettin stolen here is a example for how to make it

This is a good solution Binary01 Binary01 . You can directly take out the items from the hopper instead of the chest shop

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Binary01

Binary01

This is a good solution Binary01 Binary01 . You can directly take out the items from the hopper instead of the chest shop
This way of laying it out stores items in the top chest before the bottom one because servers do weird things to hoppers. It's the system I use because I have no other choice, but it's not ideal hence the suggestion.

Clearly people don't agree and that's fine but i'd still argue that the thread was warranted.

Last edited:

Monstererza

Donator
Donator
i can see what you mean but the amount of scamming reports we had every day when the security system wasn't in place, tells me that it is needed.
a -1 from me

Than they should add a system that only allowes the shop owner to place hoppers below it .. they couldn't scamm and the items would finally drop down ...
Is a win win situation

Status
Not open for further replies.