Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Remove bans for Staff/Content creator impersonation

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Minecraft Username:
clutchboy14

What is the suggestion about?
Remove bans for Staff/Content creator impersonation / Clarify which cases will lead to a ban instead of expecting a "common sense" to be used

Description:
As some of you might know, recently impersonation rule has been updated:

mHi1o1T4TtaJpoIkbxnZkg.png

Now if you /nick OR have username similar to staff or creator, you can get yourself temporarily banned (or permanently in second case).

Here's an example:
unknown.png

I think it's a very unfair rule. Just because you have name similar to them, doesn't make you impersonator.

When you start talking in chat, claiming that you are that staff or content creator, only then you should get punished. And punishment must not be a ban or permanent ban. Thats just ridiculous to ban for joking about being staff/youtuber, while discrimination and death threats have mute as max punishment (and those are very rarely jokes).

Obviously, if you have nick/username similar to staff and try to convience player into giving sensitive information while pretending to be a staff member, ban will be a justified punishment, but nicking as "Gunf1re" and saying in chat "guys I'm owner" is a completely different thing and should be a mute at most.

You can't just keep rules like that and expect for "common sense" to be used when giving out punishments, because some people miss this ability and there always will be a chance of misunderstanding. Moments like this just ruin all fun for people.

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
^

Extra Information:
TL;DR: Make impersonation rule more clear. You can't ban left and right just for username similar to a staff member.

Last edited:

Flexier

Jr.Mod
Staff member
Jr.Mod
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Reports
Staff Member
There are always new players joining JartexNetwork on a daily basis. You can't expect each and every player to know which member is part of the staff team or not. For example, people have been using our staff names on Discord to hack other players, luring them into giving items, accounts, etc. That's the reason we ban a user who has similar IGN's to our staff team members, to prevent further such cases. Whether the player has or hasn't claimed to be part of the staff team or a staff member, it's best to be safe than sorry.
Players often get excited without knowing if the player is actually a staff member or just an imposter. Trust me, I've experienced this before and I do not want any other player to go through this again.

And I agree that the rule should be clarified in a better way so that players understand what they shouldn't be doing.

Reactions: ovq

XstreamSpeed

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
XstreamSpeed
Trust me, I've experienced this before and I do not want any other player to go through this again.
Damn ok also Imma vote neutral because there are equal amounts of bad points in this and good points

TheGalaxy

Donator
Donator
IGN
TheGalaxyMC
Neutral
The reasons stated above by Flexier Flexier

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
stupxd

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
There are always new players joining JartexNetwork on a daily basis. You can't expect each and every player to know which member is part of the staff team or not. For example, people have been using our staff names on Discord to hack other players, luring them into giving items, accounts, etc. That's the reason we ban a user who has similar IGN's to our staff team members, to prevent further such cases. Whether the player has or hasn't claimed to be part of the staff team or a staff member, it's best to be safe than sorry.
Players often get excited without knowing if the player is actually a staff member or just an imposter. Trust me, I've experienced this before and I do not want any other player to go through this again.
First off - you are talking how bad staff impersonation is, but why staff = content creator in that rule? If your ign is Sahv1, punishment = permaban?

Secondly - how can one impersonate staff on the server with just a similar name? On discord its hard to tell whether account is real because you dont see roles in DMs, but how blind u need to be to miss staff/YT RANK in chat and Staff suffix in tab?
Even if its on minigames and they pretend to be nicked, you can always ask to unnick... Even though you cant really give any items on minigames and if you pretend to be a staff in-game, you'll most likely just get targeted.

If someone falls for a player with no rank that has similar name to a staff member, then they'll fall literally for anyone.

If you really want players to be educated about who IS staff, and who ISN'T, better way will be to add a message in chat every now and then that says something like "Do not trust sensitive information to other players! Members of the staff team have Staff suffix in the player list."

Lumin0us

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
Neutral
Not so sure about this, might change my vote in future

die4guy

Addicted Member
Donator
I'm Neutral for this, Flexier Flexier stated a clear reason.

krsy123

Addicted Member
IGN
krsy123
I am also gonna be Neutral , I'll wait to see others' opinions first.

Flexier

Jr.Mod
Staff member
Jr.Mod
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Reports
Staff Member
I don't see the point of registering an IGN that's similar to an existing staff member. What are the reasons for doing such a thing? One would be luring players that are new. Obviously, the one that are aware of such scams, etc, will be cautious enough and confirm with other players. But the ones that clearly don't know a thing about it can easily fall into the trap set by such players with names similar to the staff team members or Youtubers.
We want to keep our players safe from such things. So we take measures to ensure their safety, as it Is our top priority.

At this point I don't think the rule really needs to be clarified as to what's bannable and what's not. Staff or YT impersonation of any sort, whether it's nicking, username similar to a staff member or youtuber, claiming to be a staff member or a certain YouTuber will always be bannable and this won't change or even jokingly saying that you're a YouTuber on an alt or a staff member. If the players feel like they've been falsely banned, they can always submit an appeal.

PizzaLover13

Donator
Donator
IGN
PizzaLover13
Hello ,

I am going with neutral, there are tons of good and bad points here, Maybe making an acc ban not an ip ban on a player with similar username (unnicked) to Staff member would help? and if there still are 3-4 accounts on that ip with Staff-like username, perm ip-ban them

Have a good day
Kind Regards,
~PizzaLover13<3

Status
Not open for further replies.