Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Remove bans for Staff/Content creator impersonation

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupxd

Developer
Staff member
Developer
Minecraft Username:
clutchboy14

What is the suggestion about?
Remove bans for Staff/Content creator impersonation / Clarify which cases will lead to a ban instead of expecting a "common sense" to be used

Description:
As some of you might know, recently impersonation rule has been updated:

mHi1o1T4TtaJpoIkbxnZkg.png

Now if you /nick OR have username similar to staff or creator, you can get yourself temporarily banned (or permanently in second case).

Here's an example:
unknown.png

I think it's a very unfair rule. Just because you have name similar to them, doesn't make you impersonator.

When you start talking in chat, claiming that you are that staff or content creator, only then you should get punished. And punishment must not be a ban or permanent ban. Thats just ridiculous to ban for joking about being staff/youtuber, while discrimination and death threats have mute as max punishment (and those are very rarely jokes).

Obviously, if you have nick/username similar to staff and try to convience player into giving sensitive information while pretending to be a staff member, ban will be a justified punishment, but nicking as "Gunf1re" and saying in chat "guys I'm owner" is a completely different thing and should be a mute at most.

You can't just keep rules like that and expect for "common sense" to be used when giving out punishments, because some people miss this ability and there always will be a chance of misunderstanding. Moments like this just ruin all fun for people.

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
^

Extra Information:
TL;DR: Make impersonation rule more clear. You can't ban left and right just for username similar to a staff member.

Last edited:

DROGON623

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
I am confused, according to those rules I should be permanently banned for having the ign DROGON623 and there is a staff member DrogonMc. I get at least 5 people msging me about staff stuff every month and I simply just tell them I am not staff, does it still means I am impersonating due to the lack of knowledge of the other player? For example, if I help someone who is new to the server, is it my fault that the other player assumed am a staff member and gave me sensitive information?

DROGON623

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
I will go with +1 for now and wait for Flexier Flexier to reply. I personally think, the punishment for any impersonation should be a warning followed by a increasing duration of mute depending on the number of offenses. However, the example of gunf1re is poor, Such blatant impersonation should be a non-ip permanent ban.

If staff team thinks mutes are too lenient, I do not think players should be permanently ip banned and instead any ban for this should be non ip.

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
However, the example of gunf1re is poor, Such blatant impersonation should be a non-ip permanent ban.
I agree with all your points except this one. Gun and fire are such common words for names and it could genuinely be this person's imagination that came up with the name Gunfire, only to see it already registered, thus changing it to Gunf1re. There's no such thing as impersonating someone without actively making it seem like you're the person you claim to be. Just having a name does not mean you're impersonating someone. Claiming you're somebody else is impersonating.

Yuu

Known Member
Known Member
Donator
IGN
UltraFartKnocker
Such blatant impersonation should be a non-ip permanent ban.

If staff team thinks mutes are too lenient, I do not think players should be permanently ip banned and instead any ban for this should be non ip.
I agree with the other things but here, it is in no way fair that just becuz a player uses a name that is close to what happens to belong to a staff member, they should get banned. I dont get why you call it "blatant impersonation", the case you have given there is very common. Multiple people have names in that way.

Imo if a player with name vodootje0 shouldn't be banned. Every player even if they have their ign as imnoober123 or with the name vodootjeo says that they are the owner, the punishment should be same.

DROGON623

Great Reporter
Great Reporter
Donator
I agree with all your points except this one. Gun and fire are such common words for names and it could genuinely be this person's imagination that came up with the name Gunfire, only to see it already registered, thus changing it to Gunf1re. There's no such thing as impersonating someone without actively making it seem like you're the person you claim to be. Just having a name does not mean you're impersonating someone. Claiming you're somebody else is impersonating.
Gunfire is the owner of the server, the player probably copied their name knowingly. However there is not way to prove malicious intent so I somewhat agree.

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
Gunfire is the owner of the server, the player probably copied their name knowingly. However there is not way to prove malicious intent so I somewhat agree.
I mean, what are you supposed to do then when selecting a name? Look up the staff team of every server you're considering joining, as well as looking into the future and see who's gonna be staff before choosing an ign?

Rodagave115

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Suggestion - DENIED
Hello.​
Thank you for your interest in JartexNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network. After reviewing your suggestion, I have decided to deny it.​
Have fun playing on JartexNetwork!​

Kind Regards,​
~ Rodagave115

Status
Not open for further replies.