Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Redstone 8-Bit adder with working memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alion123

Eyoooo, after i get all my exams graded max, i would gladly spend my time on this bad cracked server building a 8-bit adder (Could be 4 if i cant get the resources or am too lazy and consider giving up) combined of full- and halfadders as well as a working memory (thinking about using some redstone structure to interpret itself as a latch) and a number translation system from binary to decimal (so anyone can understand what the result will be after the calculation with binary numbers finishes).

Now i have questions. Is redstone even allowed in here? Does the tick speed get delayed very often? Is redstone cramming in one chunk misjudged as a server lagging attempt?

Also, if anyone wanna participate, kindly reply in here. I would gladly waste what is left of my summer helping others get some basic understanding on electronics.

All the circuits that i will build and will be interpreted with minecraft components will be backed by hand written notes as well as its belonging boolean algebra formula. Do not be scared this is basic stuff and can be learned very fast if you combine the learning process with minecraft practice. What i will try to cover before we begin are:

Logic Gates (And,Or,Nor,Nand and some other if needed), Representing numbers in their binary and decimal form, Adding numbers with the second complement, Basic Boolean Algebra, Interpreting Boolean Functions into circuits, Latches and Flip Flops (Basic building unit circuits of computer storage components), Half and Full Adders.

This can be possible after i finish my exams on august but if you guys are interested, id gladly link some material so you can learn that on your own.

Ok then there is a great chance nobody will even read this and all the time i took to plan and write this will be for nothing, but I would really enjoy if i helped some ppl get some understanding how circuitry works.

All i have to say before i go is: Learn you a minecraft redstone adder for the greater good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.