Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Accepted Immortal Factions Re-enabling the use of gen buckets when enemies are near

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabbyXD

Addicted Member
Minecraft Username:
BabbyXD

What is the suggestion about?
Re-enabling the use of gen buckets when enemies are near

Description:
Alright so last season you could gen all you want when enemies were near you. But this season a plugin has been implemented which makes it so you cannot use gen buckets if an enemy is within 350 blocks of you (approximately a full buffer). Now I realize Mex has done this with the good intention of preventing gen patching, but it has proved more of a disadvantage than an advantage.

[Context] When defending against a raid or raiding a faction with a large cannon, you need to refill the sand component of the cannon very regularly, and to do this you need to use sand gen buckets.

However something that I've seen recently has proven to show that this new plugin/feature isn't beneficial. Players from enemy factions will purposefully place themselves near the cannon so that the ones cannoning cannot refill sand (by using sand gen buckets). This is a cheap tactic, but nothing in the rules speak of this so I assume it's allowed.

My suggestion has 3 options:
1. Re-enable JUST the use of sand gen buckets when enemies are nearby (cobble and obby would still be disabled to prevent gen patching)
2. If only re-enabling one type of gen bucket is too difficult to implement, re-enable ALL gen buckets within enemy range.
3. Decrease the enemy range for the newly added plugin to activate (from 350 block radius to perhaps 50?). This would make it harder for enemies to camp around the cannon as they would have to be closer to the player therefore easier to spot/catch.

Also gen patching isn't that common of a thing you see on Jartex Factions, and if it happens, there's almost always someone recording to get the culprit banned so there isn't much of an issue with regards to gen patching.

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
It would make raiding / countering raids smoother as the cannoner would actually be able to place sand gen buckets without worrying about enemies camping nearby to prevent him from cannoning.

Extra Information:
Please let me know if you have any concerns or any potential different solutions to this. Also let me know what you think of my solutions and which one you would prefer.
~pce xoxo sorry for the giga long suggestion

Pace

Donator
Donator
+1
You literally can't gen sand on your cannon, you need to print it and it takes a lot of time, you enemies could have already patched the walls.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
BabbyXD

BabbyXD

Addicted Member
F.Y.I I forgot that gen patching was re-enabled xddd

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
BabbyXD

BabbyXD

Addicted Member
Heyimmute Heyimmute but gen patching was re-allowed last season. And trust me, it would be easier to stop someone gen patching than it is to print sand instead of genning sand for your cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.