Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Premium Login System!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layin_

Donator
Donator
Minecraft Username:
Layin_​

What is the suggestion about?
Premium Login System!​

Description:
So I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't really mind if this doesn't get implemented however I think it would be a cool nifty idea to add onto the server! So firstly, I am not against the current authentication setup Jartex has with authme. However, wouldn't it be cool if premium players could skip the whole login part by just saying they are a premium player? They would still have to register however they are able to also specify that their account is a premium Minecraft account and by the next time they have to login, it would just authenticate via Mojang's authentication system. There are many ways to implement this into the server but personally the best and most effective way is to use a plugin called nLogin (I am not affiliated with the plugin nor the developer, I just like using it.), The plugin has many features that I would say is useful for Jartex and I'm sure you can even have custom features implemented into the plugin.

Link: https://www.nickuc.com/en/paid/nlogin

Bonus: Anyone who uses a premium account and uses pvp clients like Lunar Client and Badlion can see other players on the same client as them and even use the cosmetics that they have on said clients on Jartex.

For Developers: If you think you have to make all players register again, think again as you are able to convert your current authme database and add it onto the database using their converter which is built into the plugin!
How? /nlogin converter -> AuthMe > nLogin. Simple as that!​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
It's a cool idea, it also saves a few seconds from having to login every now and then.​

Extra Information:

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Layin_

Layin_

Donator
Donator
But wait installing that plugin will remove the data right?
Actually they don't have to clear the data of players they can just migrate the data from the previous one over which was stated in my reasoning under the For Developers section.

For Developers: If you think you have to make all players register again, think again as you are able to convert your current authme database and add it onto the database using their converter which is built into the plugin!
How? /nlogin converter -> AuthMe > nLogin. Simple as that!

Bro i dont think this is necessary
This is why it's a suggestion but not really a necessary one, I just see it as a kind of cool idea to have but doesn't have to be added especially if there are some set backs that the servers would have.

No, that wouldn't be fair. What I am saying is, those who are cracked join first will remain theirs, and those who want to join with that username using premium account will be alert that username has been taken and will need to change. Similar as the current system.
Correct, If the username has already registered then if ever they don't own the premium account linked to that specific username, then they would not have access as a player can only change their status from cracked to premium after logging in.

404_NOT_FOUND

Addicted Member
IGN
ahavaHD
Actually they don't have to clear the data of players they can just migrate the data from the previous one over which was stated in my reasoning under the For Developers secti
But it will remove the old auth plugin's data it means register again

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Layin_

Layin_

Donator
Donator
Actually they don't have to clear the data of players they can just migrate the data from the previous one over which was stated in my reasoning under the For Developers section.

This is why it's a suggestion but not really a necessary one, I just see it as a kind of cool idea to have but doesn't have to be added especially if there are some set backs that the servers would have.

Correct, If the username has already registered then if ever they don't own the premium account linked to that specific username, then they would not have access as a player can only change their status from cracked to premium after logging in.
Would also like to add that there is a thing called beta testing. We beta test everything before actually letting players even have an idea of what it is.

Coming from a server owner/developer perspective, I can see the challenges that comes with a change like this thats why I mentioned this in the introduction of the suggestion.
So I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't really mind if this doesn't get implemented

Furthermore, I would not suggest this if I had no experiences regarding this idea. I have used this system quite a few times already and it worked like a charm and didn't mess up with the permission set for players through the permissions handler which I might add is the same one used by Jartex (Luckperms), as the system already supports UUID changes due to the nature of how cracked servers are.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Layin_

Layin_

Donator
Donator
But it will remove the old auth plugin's data it means register again
It would not have to as like I said the plugin I mentioned above already has a built in converter which connects to the database of Authme and makes their data compatible with the plugin without forcing players to have to register again. As well as the converter doesn't clear the Authme database rather just makes copies of it and uses that copy within the plugin.

404_NOT_FOUND

Addicted Member
IGN
ahavaHD
It would not have to as like I said the plugin I mentioned above already has a built in converter which connects to the database of Authme and makes their data compatible with the plugin without forcing players to have to register again. As well as the converter doesn't clear the Authme database rather just makes copies of it and uses that copy within the plugin.
-1 trouble it will be too much buggy

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Layin_

Layin_

Donator
Donator
-1 trouble it will be too much buggy
Which is why i mentioned how it requires beta testing to prove that it would be possible. But then again everyone has the right to their opinion.

Cheers mate :)

404_NOT_FOUND

Addicted Member
IGN
ahavaHD
Which is why i mentioned how it requires beta testing to prove that it would be possible. But then again everyone has the right to their opinion.

Cheers mate :)
You should delete this thread and the suggested plugin is "trash"

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Layin_

Layin_

Donator
Donator
You should delete this thread and the suggested plugin is "trash"
Though I know you don't agree with the suggestion there is really no need to trash the whole thread as thats your opinion though your reasoning may be shallow and vague that does not really give you a reason to (forgive me for my wording) shit on others people's suggestions.

How would you know the plugin is trash? Do you have an idea of how it works or are you just assuming based off of the reasoning I gave?

MrBeastAlan

Addicted Member
IGN
MrBeastAlan
404_NOT_FOUND 404_NOT_FOUND Did you use that plugin ever? Is it trash? Show us proof. I agree with Layin_ Layin_ Don't give negative feedback and flood the thread unless you have proof of what you are saying

Status
Not open for further replies.