Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Pets: Community Feedback.

JustThiemo

Lead Developer
Staff member
Developer
Donator
Hey everyone,

This is the first time of me doing something like this, if you like us doing topics like this regarding small features on a gamemode, rather than a whole reset, please let me know so we can do this more often.

Let's just get right into the point of this post, Pets. As most of you know Pets have had some hiccups at the start, but these issues have now been resolved.
For the people that did get to play around with the pets I've seen a few of your messages on Discord regarding changing the pets and how they work, and honestly, I agree! But how? That's where I will need proper community feedback in preparation for making pets something viable in the gamemode, since they can be a lot more than what they currently are.

Pets currently just work as an 'action > reaction' mechanism, you do a certain action, and the pet will do something when that happens. This is percentage-based and has an internal cooldown, so the percentage might seem off, but in reality, it's just your pet 'warming up'.
And this system just feels boring, the aesthetics of the pets in my opinion are really promising, but the rewards of the pet just neglect that.

My suggestion to make pets something better is for the pet owner to take care of the pet, feed your pet, and it can activate, no cooldowns, just straight percentages as long as your pet has enough food. After a while, your pet needs a break and will go to 'rest', in this period your pet can not activate. We could also make these rest sessions be reduced by using some sort of new pet items that you can obtain by just interacting with your pets. When your pet is walking around it could find these types of pet items for example.
A quick TL;DR for my suggestion to make pets better; Make the player feed the pet in order for it to work.

Edit:

Next season we would also like to make pets obtained in some sort of grinding way, but we are still brainstorming for this. Feel free to suggest something about this as well!

I would love to hear from you, the SkyBlockDream players, what you guys are thinking of. I am sure we can come up with something amazing.

Kind regards,
JustThiemo

MoudTage_

Staff member
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
IGN
MoudTage_
Hello there JustThiemo JustThiemo and thanks for listening,

So I've been playing around with the pets for a while and I have concluded many things from which I will represent for you with sections,

Starting off for global changes:
- I believe that pets should have some kind of counter that Tells us HOW MUCH till next level, and what will the next level bring new to the pet and how much the pet gave/ boosted for example (Villager pet Booster total x amount of ^)

Now for the individual changes:
- Villager Pets: I got the legendary villager pet and I think its already dope, we could do work with couple cooldown buffs as in SBD Selling chests takes not that long of a time and basically we don't get the chance to really feel the benefit of the pet itself.

- Dragon/Owl Pets: I believe that these are now completely USELESS, basically when grinding a player normally kills 600-1000 Mob per min if using Mobsweep x ofc, and each kill of blaze with an INQ 5 will give 100xp, I think that A pet giving you +25-100xp once every Min IS BAD, we don't get anything basically, I think the ability should be REMOVED and make the pet completely based on cooldowns that upgrade and get better with levels, I liked the idea of Feeding the pet aswell, and finding items this could make it so players can't basically AFK farm the pets. And will make us seek for more. (Same thing goes for the Dragon pet stars wise).

Pet Items: I liked your idea on this section and I was thinking what will the pet items exactly do besides what the original pets give from bonuses will they like increase for example (Owl Grinder Set) that would make your pet gives you even more xp, like special sets. That could work.

I will be waiting to hear from you and from others and what they think.

Andeh

Configurator
Staff member
Developer
Donator
PETS - ABILITY PARTICLES
When the pet's ability procks, it will get particle effects around it (Juist a nice little addon to know how often the pet has it's ability in work as the level goes up)

PETS - FOOD
When you unlock a pet, it will be at 50% Hunger, over-time as you use your pet, it's hunger will go down constantly and under 5% Hunger, the pet will have the "Broken Heart" emoji pop up on it's head every 10-15 seconds to show that it requires food / is hungry.
Once that indicates that your pet requires
FOOD, you can feed your pet by simply right clicking a CROP or a CUSTOM CROP as you're aiming at your pet.
With this being said, certain pets will have their own FAVORAITE FOODS.
For a good example :
Dragon Pet - Chorus Fruit
When feeding your pet with their favorite food, they will replenish more hunger and when fully fed with their favorite food, will have a chance to do something Mythical.
This is where I introduce SECOND ABILITIES.
Here it's also nice to categorise food into different groups such that you won't be able to feed every pet any food to make their hunger go to 100%.
For example Sugar Cane ; Wheat ; Melon ; Tier 1
All the meat source ; Cooked Porkchop ; Steak ; Tier 2
Custom Crops ; Tier 3
After feeding the pet a little, it will become full and won't eat more amount of the same tier food ;
For example if your pet is at 15% hunger, you can feed it with Melons but after eating 5-10 Melons it will deny the melons and then you'd have to feed the pet different variety of food like Steak / a Custom Crop / Their favorite food.

PETS - SECOND ABILITIES
Usually the pets we know just have one defined ability, more stars, more money, more exp.
Introducing second abilities makes the pet more interesting and useful.
For another good example :
Dragon Pet has a 5% chance to give you x1.5 stars (FIRST ABILITY), along with this it will have an ability to give you +5 Stars (NOTE: This rate goes up if you have a higher tier pet ; +7 for Rare, +10 for Epic, +15 for Legendary) for every mob you grind till your pet reaches 90% hunger [This will also work with normal mobs ~ Meaning that you can get stars while grinding normal mobs aswell]
With this being said, you cannot feed your pets unless they are under 30% hunger.

PETS - ETERNAL POWER
This section of the post is to explain a statistics boost of the pets, or the ability boost (Temporary) of the pets.
When you have your pet working for you, it will generally lose it's hunger.

Hence why we will most likely get to see a hunger bar when we look at a pet such as :
Hunger :
65.5% ||||||||||||||-----
Similarly there should be a bar of "Eternal Power" which will go up as you do certain tasks *sus*
How will your stats exactly temporarily boost?
Current statistics for a Common Villager is ;
3.0% chance to multiply your earned money by x1.5.

When you have your Eternal Power bar filled up, it will look something like this ;
3.0% (-> 7.5%) chance to multiply your earned money by x1.5 (-> x1.6).

How to fill up the Eternal Power bar? Look at the part below !

PETS - CARING
To make the pet level up, you will have to do some tasks *sus*
These tasks consist of obviously feeding your pet (In our very knowledge)
Along with this task, we can also add some tasks like WALKING the pet (Travelling x distance by WALKING not flying), killing mobs of the pet's similar kind (For example, Villager Pet, you can kill Villagers and your eternal bar will go up / Your pet will increase it's pet experience, Dragon Pet - Enderman / Endermite)

PETS - SOCIAL DISTANCING
Add features in the pet of "Calm" and "Playful" where you can switch between them whenever you want.
When you have picked the feature of "Calm", the pet will stay in a 3-4 blocks radius of yours and follow you over your head such that it doesn't get in the way of your daily life tasks like grinding mobs, crops, doing island missions (Can be annoying sometimes)
When you have picked the feature of "Playful", you can take your pet on walks and it will stay around you on the ground, close to you and will time to time roam around on land when it's idle / When you are AFK (How it goes right now when you're sitting at a single spot while having your pet spawned in)

PETS - OBTAINING
Pets should be obtainable outside of Crates (Such that they're not core pay to win / obtainable only from gkits / keys).
The pets we have right now over Crates which is, more EXP, more Stars, more Money should stay in crates for main-stream pets.
All other pets should be obtainable by NPCs on spawn. For example, having an NPC named "Farmer" at /spawn will give you pets like Scarecrow Pet (First Ability, x4 Crops on Level 100, Second Ability, x3 Crop Growth around you) - To obtain a pet you have to do certain tasks *sus smh*. Some of them being "Harvest x10,000 Crops" - "Sell $250,000 worth of Crops" - "Place 7,500 Crops" and you'll get a random tier Scarecrow Pet that you can simply use without any hatch time.

I'm gonna add more to this post when I have time...
What I'm gonna be adding?
New Pets ;
Pets you can receive out of Crates (By actually working and grinding)
And more... !

Last edited:

rLilJesus

Donator
Donator
Andeh Andeh I can't find a single part of your suggestion being bad or anything. THIEMO you should put a year IDC to make everything andeh said come true.

I'd suggest somethings as well but unfortunately, I don't have time and most ides would come in my head have been said.

Maybe adding new pets and it's their ability.

vortex91

Addicted Member
IGN
UntilNightfall
PETS - ABILITY PARTICLES
When the pet's ability procks, it will get particle effects around it (Juist a nice little addon to know how often the pet has it's ability in work as the level goes up)

PETS - FOOD
When you unlock a pet, it will be at 50% Hunger, over-time as you use your pet, it's hunger will go down constantly and under 5% Hunger, the pet will have the "Broken Heart" emoji pop up on it's head every 10-15 seconds to show that it requires food / is hungry.
FOOD, you can feed your pet by simply right clicking a CROP or a CUSTOM CROP as you're aiming at your pet.
For a good example :
When feeding your pet with their favorite food, they will replenish more hunger and when fully fed with their favorite food, will have a chance to do something Mythical.
Here it's also nice to categorise food into different groups such that you won't be able to feed every pet any food to make their hunger go to 100%.
Custom Crops ; Tier 3
After feeding the pet a little, it will become full and won't eat more amount of the same tier food ;
For example if your pet is at 15% hunger, you can feed it with Melons but after eating 5-10 Melons it will deny the melons and then you'd have to feed the pet different variety of food like Steak / a Custom Crop / Their favorite food.

PETS - SECOND ABILITIES
Usually the pets we know just have one defined ability, more stars, more money, more exp.
Dragon Pet has a 5% chance to give you x1.5 stars (FIRST ABILITY), along with this it will have an ability to give you +5 Stars (NOTE: This rate goes up if you have a higher tier pet ; +7 for Rare, +10 for Epic, +15 for Legendary) for every mob you grind till your pet reaches 90% hunger [This will also work with normal mobs ~ Meaning that you can get stars while grinding normal mobs aswell]
With this being said, you cannot feed your pets unless they are under 30% hunger.

PETS - ETERNAL POWER
This section of the post is to explain a statistics boost of the pets, or the ability boost (Temporary) of the pets.

Hence why we will most likely get to see a hunger bar when we look at a pet such as :
Hunger :
Similarly there should be a bar of "Eternal Power" which will go up as you do certain tasks *sus*

When you have your Eternal Power bar filled up, it will look something like this ;

PETS - CARING
Along with this task, we can also add some tasks like WALKING the pet (Travelling x distance by WALKING not flying), killing mobs of the pet's similar kind (For example, Villager Pet, you can kill Villagers and your eternal bar will go up / Your pet will increase it's pet experience, Dragon Pet - Enderman / Endermite)

PETS - SOCIAL DISTANCING
Add features in the pet of "Calm" and "Playful" where you can switch between them whenever you want.
When you have picked the feature of "Calm", the pet will stay in a 3-4 blocks radius of yours and follow you over your head such that it doesn't get in the way of your daily life tasks like grinding mobs, crops, doing island missions (Can be annoying sometimes)
When you have picked the feature of "Playful", you can take your pet on walks and it will stay around you on the ground, close to you and will time to time roam around on land when it's idle / When you are AFK (How it goes right now when you're sitting at a single spot while having your pet spawned in)

New Pets ;
And more... !
^^

Zaki445566

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
zaki445566
PETS - ABILITY PARTICLES

PETS - FOOD
For a good example :
Custom Crops ; Tier 3

PETS - SECOND ABILITIES

PETS - ETERNAL POWER

Hunger :

PETS - CARING

PETS - SOCIAL DISTANCING

New Pets ;
And more... !
+1

_Wiggels

Trial
Staff member
Trial
Donator
Team Events Builder
IGN
mopmop2
PETS - ABILITY PARTICLES

PETS - FOOD
For a good example :
Custom Crops ; Tier 3

PETS - SECOND ABILITIES

PETS - ETERNAL POWER

Hunger :

PETS - CARING

PETS - SOCIAL DISTANCING

New Pets ;
And more... !
Lol how long did it take you to write this out. +1