Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied Overdrives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minecraft Username:
XcaliburBlack723​

What is your suggestion's title?
Overdrives​

Suggestion Details:
Overdrives are OP superpowers that can turn the tide of battle and bring your team victpry; however, you need to get some number of 'score' (by mining enemy nexus or killing player characters from the enemy team.) Plz skip the italic text (suggesting some mechanics) to see the overdrives. These overdrives are activated by pressing enter.

Mining nexus: +5 'score'

Killing 1 player: +3 initially, +4 for the second consecutive player killed before death, +5 for the third and so on.

Mining 1 ore: 30% chance of +1 score

Mining 1 wood / melon: 10% chance of 1 score.

Smelting 1 ore: 40% chance of +1 score per item if it is your own furnace, 100% chance of +2 if stealing from enemies' furnaces. (Encourages thievery.)

Brewing bottles: 50% chance of +1 per bottle.

Giving positive pot effects to teammates using splash pots: +2 per teammate affected by effect, -2 per enemy affected.

Giving negative pot effects to teammates using splash pots: -2 per teammate affected by effect.

The overdrive itself and the score required depends on the kit used in the battle. Once the required 'score' is reached, you stop getting more score. Using the overdrive resets the score to 0. If you then switch to another kit with a:

lower score, your score is reset to the required score for that kit. Later, switching to the initial kit means you have wasted the score.
higher score, you still need to earn more score till you reach the new requirement to use the overdrive.
You usually lose the overdrive power instantly after you die; exceptions are mentioned. Devs can tweak the suggestion and implement it rather than discard it entirely.

Those with the active power flash red (as if they got hit) at 2 flashes per second (except traitor). Here are the overdrives and their required 'scores' listed with the kits:

Warrior kit: Using overdrive gives strength for 4 minutes and slowness 1 to all enemies in a 10-block radius for 30 seconds. Required score: 100.

Archer kit: For 14 seconds, you shoot 1 arrow at full power every half second (consumes a total of 28 arrows) while holding right-click. Become a bow spammer temporarily! Required score: 150.

Alchemist: You get a 35% discount for potion items sold in the shop. When you put a potion ingredient in a brewing stand, potions get brewed in 2 seconds and get haste 1. This power (including the haste effect) lasts 2 minutes and is not lost on death (or else you cry). Required score: 30 (cannot get score by killing players because too exploitative and cruel) .

Berserker: You can throw your axe every 0.67 seconds while holding right-click. Explosion strength of thrown axe increased by 1. Lasts 10 seconds. Required score: 100.

Blacksmith: You gain haste 2 for 1 minute and ores are always auto-smelted. Not lost on death, but when the enemy nexus is mined, it drops endstone bricks instead of damaging it.

Builder: You gain haste 2 for 1 minute. Required score: 50 (cannot get score by killing players).

Butcher: You can throw your axe every 0.5 seconds while holding right-click. Explosion strength of thrown axe increased by 1. Lasts 10 seconds. Required score: 95.

Enchanter: You gain 1 extra level per ore mined. Lasts 5 minutes and not lost on death. Score: 50 (cannot get score by killing players).

Hero: You gain speed 1 for 4 minutes and the soulbound sword is temporarily enchanted with knockback 2 and sharpness 2 for 20 seconds. Required score: 150.

Medic: You heal teammates at twice the efficiency per arrow (also means max healed health per arrow = 10) and cooldown removed. Lasts 14 seconds. Required score: 200.

Miner: Gain haste 2 for 1 minute. Required score: 100 (also need to kill players / mine nexus to be able to use overdrive).

Newb: You gain speed 1 for 2 minutes and the soulbound sword is temporarily enchanted with knockback 2 for 20 seconds. Required score: 125.

Poisonman: Get regeneration 2, immunity of self from poison effect and always give poison 2 (lasting 1 minute) for 1 minute. Required score: 150.

Pyro: Durabilities of all flint n steels reset to full and no losing durability of any flint n steels while power is active. Temporarily enchants all swords with fire aspect 1 but they all become pseudo-soulbound (cannot remove but still dropped on death) till death. Lasts 2 minutes. Required score: 200.

Sprinter: Get speed 3 and don't lose hunger while sprinting. Lasts 3 minutes. Required score: 150.

Spy: Gain particleless invisibility, speed 1 and resistance 1 for 2 minutes. Required score: 150.

Stopper: Always give blindness, slowness and confusion (nausea) with a 100% chance for twice the duration per hit. You yourself gain night vision and speed for given duration. Lasts 90 seconds. Required score: 125.

Teleporter: Teleporting now also gives slowness IV to the victim. Cooldown temporarily removed. Lasts 45 seconds. Required score: 150.

Swapper: Run away from this person if you have diamond armor. swap cooldown removed and if victim gets swapped into the void or otherwise dies (by swapper II), 10% chance to get the armor (in the armor slot except if it is soulbound) and hotbar items. It is advisable to remove armor before dying if you are the victim. Lasts 30 seconds. Required score: 199.

Toolman: Increase efficiency level 1 on all the tools you have (except flint n steel). The non-soulbound items are enchanted permanently but soulbound items lose enchantments on death. Required score: 70 or 66.

Traitor: Your nametag is visible to enemies with the name color equal to the color of the apparent team (opposite to the real team), making you unable to differentiate from a real teammate, even with different armor. You have the aforementioned power till the next death. You even don't take any hits for 1 minute after activation. No flashing. Required score: 125.

Trapper kit: All your already placed traps give all the effects instead of 1 random one. If you place traps in your inventory within the next 1 minute, the boost is applied to these traps too. Required score: 100.

Vampire kit: You always drain health from the enemy and gain regeneration II. Lasts 1 minute. Required score: 175.

End of suggestion.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
Adds more aspect and skill requirement for the game. Now the losing team that knows how to use these has more hope of overturning the tide but the winning team can also enforce the win with the overdrives.​

Extra Information:
Devs can modify this to balance it with the game (not implement 100% of all details but the main idea is considered.)
Overall a big update to The Bridge but NOT a reset plz!​

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
XcaliburBlack723
Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 5.33.52 PM.png
Plz ignore these parts; I intended to post in the main forums but couldn't and there I formatted the text. ("Plz skip the italic text (suggesting some mechanics) to see the overdrives. These overdrives are activated by pressing enter." )

fartfartetxt

I would like to inform you that I busted a huge nut to your post. My earth shattering orgasm started making me moan loud enough to deafen anyone in the near vicinity. What followed was a torrential downpour of every single sperm cell I ever have or will ever produce, shot out so hard that it ripped my dick apart by my übernut accelerating to 7% the speed of light by the time it left my urethra. It punched right trough my wall, barely slowing down, before cutting trough a structural support beam in my building as it were a nuclear powered angle grinder. The shear weight of this historical nut, combined with the total destruction of everything in its path, caused my building to collapse, and every female in the city to fall pregnant with my children. When the death toll was tallied, there were 33 deaths, 148 injuries, and over 4 million pregnancies. As I lay dying under the rubble, I rest assured knowing every one of my sons will repeat this glorious act.

brasher21

Donator
Donator
IGN
brasher21
Too many percentages overriding one another. + seems like other games have this concept (RPG).

-1. Defeats the purpose of Kit abilities and nullifies the main aspect of Vanilla Minecraft.

Mo_oC

Addicted Member
IGN
Mo_oC
It is about skill, and purpose of KITS are already their. The score could be rigged as the percentage is to high because gathering materials is already some thing common. It unbalances the game overall. (You could had have a team mining and grinding all match just to get points)

Unapproved;

1. Lack of balance
2. Ignores the usage of kits
3. Doesn't have much purpose

Mo_oC

Addicted Member
IGN
Mo_oC
You saying kits I assume it is The Bridge. The concept of the idea is good but shouldn't be used in this game mode since kits already exist.

MrPigsMC

Donator
Donator
IGN
MrPigsMC
-1, adding talents would be a simpler and better (but talents in tb does not suit it at all) this suggetion would be too overpowered seeing as players can just do ur menial reqs and get wat? 4 minutes of str for warrior. what type of shit is that?? Also i would like to quote a message from brasher21 "Defeats the purpose of Kit abilities and nullifies the main aspect of Vanilla Minecraft." Also i dont think a majority of the players would like what you're suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.