Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD
  • Welcome to Suggestions
    More information can be found here: CLICK ME

Minigames Opensource Minigames Code

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets

Minecraft Username:
not_Nuggets​

What platform or game mode is this suggestion for?
Minigames​

What is your suggestion's title?
Opensource Minigames Code​

Suggestion Details:
Players want a lot of features for Minigames, and there are many reasons the developers seemingly don't want to add it. But, I imagine a big reason is that they simply don't have the time to add such features, or they don't know how, or whatever else. Hence, this insane suggestion.

The Jartex community has a handful of members who are competent in their ability to code Bukkit Plugins. With an open source repository on GitHub, users can make forks and pull requests, and add features that the developers wouldn't or can't add themselves. Therefore, when the time is right, they can simply add the pull request of the feature, and update the server (obviously this is a dumbed down explanation).

Obviously uploading all the other resources necessary for the plugin to run is insane, as jartex doesn't want to share all their plugins so that it's easy for people to replicate the server, but I don't really have a solution to this at the moment, so it'll be difficult to figure out.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
It allows more people to support the server in a much more different way that was previously only possible for a tiny amount of people.​

Extra Information:
No, this wasnt a stupid suggestion so i can gain access to all of jartexs internals...​

fofo888

Donator
Donator
IGN
fofo888
I like the idea but most likely its getting denied as there is some sensitive info also the opensource code could also open up all the bugs of the server and people can exploit them so I'm staying neutral but i will still give a upvote

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
not_Nuggets

not_Nuggets

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
not_Nuggets
I like the idea but most likely its getting denied as there is some sensitive info also the opensource code could also open up all the bugs of the server and people can exploit them so I'm staying neutral but i will still give a upvote
Thats one thing I forgot to account for. But then again, players can help by finding fixes for those bugs, rather than team enhancement just sorting through them to see

fofo888

Donator
Donator
IGN
fofo888
Thats one thing I forgot to account for. But then again, players can help by finding fixes for those bugs, rather than team enhancement just sorting through them to see
I very much doubt the fact ppl will commit themselves and actually find bugs but ppl will be more inclined to exploit it than to improve it.

darkraider

Donator
Donator
IGN
darkraider
i'd like it to give +1 since im desperate for minigames to update

Mack

Donator
Donator
IGN
lpwmack_17
Suggestion - Upvote (+1)

Hey Joshh,

I decided to give your Suggestion “[Minigames] Opensource Minigames Code” an
Upvote (+1)

I hope that this Gets Accepted, And Goodluck with this.

Goodluck!