Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

My thoughts on P2W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modena__

Donator
Donator
IGN
TotallyNotLeo
Hello friends (or foes) and welcome to another one of my forum posts.

Today we shall be discussing about my thoughts (and yours too) on the Pay-To-Win system.

What is a pay-to-win system?
Pay-to-win is basically spending in real-life money/currency on Digital Intangible Items (or in-game items) to get a vast advantage over other players in said game.
According to the Urban Dictionary : Pay-to-win games are games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items than everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

If you're at all familiar with the server, you would know that most progression servers (Factions, Skyblock, Prison etc.) already come with a lot of perks and commands when you log on as a default ranked player, but not all of them are unlocked. In order to get the rest of the perks, commands or special items, you would need to either :
1. Get extremely lucky on opening a crate key and acquiring a rank/command/GKit.
2. Swipe your mom's (or your) credit card in the Jartex webstore to acquire the items.

2020-04-30_18.56.42.png
(screenshot showing the amount of ranked players)

In most occassions, the items sold on the Jartex webstore are super expensive even after a sale. Take for example a SkyLord Rank purchase on the store. Before any discounts/sales it costs 100 EUR, which is approximately 109 US Dollars (give or take). Even after a 60% sale, the price reduces to 40 EUR or 43.50 USD, which is still extremely expensive if you consider the low currency countries (e.g Iran, Indonesia and Cambodia). For any Iranian players to acquire the said SkyLord Rank (which comes with all the available perks) they would need to spend approximately 4,589,445.00 Iranian Rial (before sales/discounts) to get it. I'm no Iranian but that seems like a large amount, do correct me if i'm wrong.

Most of the time, the free-to-play players will often spam-open crates and depend on luck in hopes to get a low-tier rank (Tier 1 or 2) as those are the only accessible OP items for them. But sometimes, even after opening 23 stacks of Rare Crate Keys all you're getting are armour pieces, tools and some EXP (as Wizardness showed us last season). Based on personal experience, i've opened about 2 stacks of GKit Special Boxes and didn't get a single SkyLord Rank from it. However i've seen at least 8 people open their first 2 and immediately get the superior rank which i've mentioned.

This being said it makes progressing really difficult for the free-to-play players, especially those who are actually good and skilled at the game. In fact it is quite discouraging for players to play in a game which most of them can't beat without spending more than 100$ on the server. Hence, you'll often see free-to-play players quit of frustration because, trust me, losing ain't a good feeling if you're not even given a fighting chance.

In my bold and imaginative opinion, this P2W system should be throttled immediately. However, knowing the owners they probably wouldn't change anything about this system as it brings them passive income. So in other words I would suggest creating a free-to-play type server where everyone gets access to all the perks, thus even-ing out the playing standards. Once again there is a huge flaw to this suggestion as the owners (once again) would most likely refuse to spend any time, energy or budget on a separate server which brings them no capital or income whatsoever.

(Before you roast me in the replies, I know the last paragraph of this post is supposed to be in the Suggestions Subforum and i'll probably make an actual formal suggestion when I get to it. Also I have no life which allows me to do research on things like this 24/7. Don't roast k)

So what's your opinion on P2W? Should it be throttled? Or do you have no opinion whatsoever?

Norking

Donator
Donator
IGN
Norking
Well , I have to say that you have right about P2W , I have quited several games such as Lordsmobile (takes 160,000$to complete it and some ppl have paid that ) and several servers , but I am playing mini-games which you can't pay to win , even though, I still hate this way , this way takes free-to-play players down , on the other hand , P2w is the ultimate way for owners to get paid of , so we have to think about both sides , in my opinion you can play to get fun , you don't have to bother yourself of "how to win" , you still able to play normally , also you have choice to stay or leave , the Owners of jartex can't delete this way cause it gives them the money to activate the servers for months , they have massive pay out monthly , so it is necessary for them to keep it.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Modena__

Modena__

Donator
Donator
IGN
TotallyNotLeo
Well , I have to say that you have right about P2W , I have quited several games such as Lordsmobile (takes 160,000$to complete it and some ppl have paid that ) and several servers , but I am playing mini-games which you can't pay to win , even though, I still hate this way , this way takes free-to-play players down , on the other hand , P2w is the ultimate way for owners to get paid of , so we have to think about both sides , in my opinion you can play to get fun , you don't have to bother yourself of "how to win" , you still able to play normally , also you have choice to stay or leave , the Owners of jartex can't delete this way cause it gives them the money to activate the servers for months , they have massive pay out monthly , so it is necessary for them to keep it.
Yeah I used to play a mobile game called Heroes Charge and it’s basically impossible to win if you don’t spend at least $1000 a month. Glad to be done with that game though.

Minecraft_s

Donator
Donator
I agree with you, its almost impossible to progress without a rank. It's OK to pay for a little advantage like on 2*2*, but on Jartex even if you pay, if you dont pay enough it's still extremely hard to progress.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Modena__

Modena__

Donator
Donator
IGN
TotallyNotLeo
I agree with you, its almost impossible to progress without a rank. It's OK to pay for a little advantage like on 2*2*, but on Jartex even if you pay, if you dont pay enough it's still extremely hard to progress.
Yeah not to mention the people who win the leaderboards. They get giftcards and paypal rewards which makes it even harder to catch up considering they can buy more OP stuff for their alts.

Kunal

IGN
ItzKunal
I agree with your post Leo the online store is pretty expensive for a avg peson (im also in the screenshot xd)kunalytplasz non ranked

ovq

Addicted Member
Banned
Known Member
Donator
IGN
ovq
This thread will now be locked to prevent any further grave-digging.

~ Locked 🔒

Status
Not open for further replies.