Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Denied PracticePvP Minimum Playtime Requirement for Ranked Matches

MiltonNJ05

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
MiltonNJ05
Minecraft Username:
MiltonNJ05​

What is your suggestion's title?
Minimum Playtime Requirement for Ranked Matches​

Suggestion Details:
A player would be required to have at least 3 hours of play time on Practice PVP before they are able to play a ranked match. The required play time could vary according to the management team’s liking, but I believe 3 hours to be the best bet, so that is what I will go with for this suggestion.​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
One of the most frustrating things in Practice PVP is joining a ranked match and then being beaten by a cheater. This occurs way too often, and leaves players hesitant to play a ranked match since they run the risk of queuing a cheater and consequently losing. As of right now, the only buffer between a cheater and ranked gamemodes is the 10 unranked match requirement. This is partially effective, but cheaters are able to blow through these 10 required matches and move on to ranked matches within minutes. How can we filter out more cheaters before they reach ranked gamemodes? Simple: We buy more time for players to report them, or for the console to ban them. That is where my idea comes in. By requiring all players to have at least 3 hours of playtime on practice before joining a ranked match, we could ensure that cheaters are kept out of ranked matches long enough to be console banned, or caught and reported by players.
Yes, you could argue that many cheaters are reported or console banned shortly after they log onto the server, therefore making a 3 hour playtime requirement unnecessary. However, the reports sent in with evidence against the cheaters will most likely take hours to be reviewed and accepted, giving the cheaters plenty of time to join ranked modes and wreak havoc. This issue will be solved by the 3 hour minimum playtime requirement as well, since the requirement will give the staff team several hours to review and accept a report before the cheater can join ranked modes.
Lastly, I will address the only loophole in this system that I am aware of: Players AFKing for the 3 hour play time requirement to avoid a ban, or players refraining from cheating until the 3 hours is up, and then cheating in ranked matches. Yes, this is indeed easily possible, but new players, especially blatant cheaters, will not have the presence of mind, awareness, or patience to afk or play legit until they reach the 3 hour time requirement. Just for the sake of the argument though, here is the worst case scenario: A cheater does manage to find the loophole and slip through. They wait for 3 hours to cheat, via AFKing or playing legit, and then played ranked. Even this very unlikely worse case scenario, in which a cheater avoids being banned before playing ranked by waiting for 3 hours to cheat, is better than the current system where most cheaters hack in ranked matches within mere minutes.
All in all, I do not foresee any major issues with this suggestion, and believe that it will greatly quell the number of cheaters that play ranked gamemodes on a day to day basis. Therefore I leave this up to you, the community, from here!​

Norking

Donator
Donator
IGN
Norking
-1, as a practice player myself this would probably kill ranked completely. I think there could be a better solution, idk what tho
Not really , it won't kill anything since most of ranked games are already empty or takes time to start one , making a time-based requirement is way better for everyone including normal players and this should replace the 10 games requirement which has not really helped anyone in anyway.

WildAbbee

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
IGN
WildAbbee
Not really , it won't kill anything since most of ranked games are already empty or takes time to start one , making a time-based requirement is way better for everyone including normal players and this should replace the 10 games requirement which has not really helped anyone in anyway.
"it takes time to start a game so we should make it take significantly longer"

Norking

Donator
Donator
IGN
Norking
"it takes time to start a game so we should make it take significantly longer"
As I said before , it's practically not going to extend the queue waiting period since it does not really impact it. Small clarification: if you are up to the point that making a time requirement will increase the waiting time then I can only conclude here " my waiting time is significantly low because new players who have 2h of playtime in practice are playing ranked games and since we are adding a new requirement , it will slows them down a alot and my games won't start as fast as it used to be"

Mack

Donator
Donator
IGN
lpwmack_17
Suggestion - Upvote (+1)

Hey MiltonNJ05,

I decided to give your Suggestion “Minimum Playtime Requirement for Ranked Matches” an
Upvote (+1)

I hope that this Gets Accepted, And Goodluck with this.

Goodluck!

LordErlik

Addicted Member
Donator
+1 because I dont want to lose my elo to a guy named ahc43fcm893j890dsj8af with killaura :D:DD:D:D