Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

SBD Making Axe PvP viable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwifk

Minecraft Username:
Qwifk​

What is the suggestion about?
Making Axe PvP viable again.​

Description:
After the reset of SBD, there were new enchants and a few fixes for certain enchants, one of which being penetrate. I believe this was a good fix, but in its current state, its too overpowered. I ran some tests and found out that an axe is nearly identical to a penetrate 5 sword in terms of breaking armour. Considering that swords also have more exclusive pvp enchants such as life steal (I know its available on axes through the axeman gkit, but It is likely not intended as life steal as an enchant cant be applied to axes), double damage, trap, silence and assassin. Axes have only 3 exclusive enchants, 1 of which is for swords, 1 of which is practically useless (Berserk) and the other actually decent, devour. Swords also have 1 bonus damage over axes. All of the sword's bonuses stack up a lot and has put axe pvp at such a disadvantage that axes are just not worth using. I believe there are 3 potentially easy changes that can be done to make axe pvp viable again in season 8 of SBD.

1 : Nerf penetrate, cap it at a lower level or just make the durability drain lower.
2 : Make some or most of the sword exclusive enchants be usable on axes and vice versa.
3 : Add sharpness 6 axes.

I have attended KOTH for most of this SBD season, and not 1 person had used a maxed out axe, which is a bit ridiculous, as last season axes were used quite often. Some of the things I have listed above may make axes a bit game breaking but im sure after some testing, axes can be made usable again next season.​

How can this idea help to improve JartexNetwork?
It could make the axeman gkit more popular, and potentially bring back people to SBD who may have left this season because of this issue.​

Status
Not open for further replies.