Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD
  • Welcome to Suggestions
    More information can be found here: CLICK ME

Lifesteal Lifesteal Tweaks

Scuffleshadow

Donator
Donator
IGN
Scuffleshadow
Minecraft Username:
"Scuffleshadow" & "BigBossOtt"​

What platform or game mode is this suggestion for?
Lifesteal​

What is your suggestion's title?
Lifesteal Tweaks​

Suggestion Details:
We have 5 suggestions, all of which would greatly improve the player retainment in the gamemode.​
I will provide a brief outline of what the suggestion entails, and then go into greater detail after.​
1) No Elytra in the PvP zones adjacent to spawn.​
This is already implemented in /warp pvp, and is a brilliant change for fighting there. Elytra working in the main pvp area greatly defeats the purpose of the spawn pvp, in all aspects. The moment someone gets low, they can simply fly away, and escape with no consequence. This was something that the combat tag attempted to placate, to stop players from combat logging when they are in a difficult situation. Having elytra enabled effectively does the same thing, and greatly removes the fun of the fight, knowing you will never be able to kill your opponent, as they can just fly away. If not removing them entirely, at least make it so you cannot use an elytra while tagged. This would allow players to quickly join a fight, but not exit and defeat the point of the gamemode.​
2) Invisible player nametags.​
This is something that might be seen as slightly controversial, but I have come up with a solution that should subdue any doubts; If a player has the invisibility potion applied, and they are wearing *ANY* armour piece, their nametag should be rendered as normal. Hackers often drink or apply invisibility, before entering fights anywhere in the world, because of how much more difficult it makes it to report them, since player ESP (aka True Sight) is a banned mod. This change would allow players to easily report hackers, but also not ruin the effectiveness of an invisibility potion when used without armour.​
3) Built in health indicator.​
Since health indicators are now globaly allowed mod, many players have begun installing them to great effect for use in combat. However, this has lead to many a discrepancy with how far exactly the mod has to go, before it is considered ban-able. (For example, some health indicators show invisible people, others don't, and some can even see through walls.) I propose that the players max health is removed from their nametag, and instead replaced with a server side decimal health indicator.
1703350838271.png
^ This here would be replaced with the players current health, rather than their max health.
This would be extremely easy to implement, simply using the built in vanilla scoreboard command (for example), and would also be remarkably potent when combined with the previous suggestion, removing the need for players to install possibly blacklisted modifications just to see invisible player's health.
4) Alt-farming prevention.​
Due to the nature of the gamemode requiring kills to advance in hearts, a lot of players recognize, and sometimes use alts to sneakily get some hearts for free. This can cause great problems if done rapidly during a period where not many players are online, (during the night for example), they can gain the benefits of becoming almost unkillable, without having to legitimately grind for it. I advise that a plugin is created to detect when someone is alt-farming, and IP ban both the farmer, and the person providing the alts for a designated time period: (2 Weeks perhaps) and apply an account stats reset. A similar system is already in place, you cannot gain a heart from an account with the same IP as you. However, most alt farming is done by having 1+ friends create mass amounts of accounts, join the server, and level the player up. Implanting a detection system should be fairly easy, and could be done by comparing the IP address of all the kills a player gets, should they get more than 5 kills that have the same IP in a given time period, (say 48 hours) the console would issue a punishment.​
5) IMPROVE THE ANTICHEAT​
Arguable the most important one, Jartex is severely behind it's competitors when it comes to console catching hackers. Console doesn't blink an EYE at people fly hacking, using blatant reach or kill-aura in lifesteal, and the responsibility of banning and catching these rule breakers falls squarely on the players shoulders.​
We, as an experienced team on lifesteal, have some suggestions for how developers should implement these changes so that nothing goes wrong. Please DM me at @dracoback or BigBoss at @biharionfire if you're a developer or staff in need of someone to talk to, or you just want to chat about the changes brought forward.​
Please try to get this post as much attention as possible, as we do greatly believe it will fix almost all of the major issues in lifesteal, and greatly improve the quality and quantity of the playerbase.​
IGN: Scuffleshadow​
Discord: dracoback (Nick on Jartex Discord is "@Scuffle")​
IGN: BigBossOtt​
Discord: biharionfire (Nick on Jartex Discord is " BigBossOtt BigBossOtt ")​

How could this idea help improve JartexNetwork?
These suggestions would massively increase the amount of players who are playing lifesteal, and give the server a better reputation overall.​
Suggestion 1) Would increase player enjoyment in PvP, and promote fair gameplay.​
Suggestion 2) Increase player effectiveness at catching rule-breakers.​
Suggestion 3) Remove the need for players downloading possibly blacklisted modifications.​
Suggestion 4)Remove players being able to abuse lulls in play-count to receive a GIGANTIC boost in power-levels, this would additionally save staff a lot of time handling reports. (Alt-farming happens very frequently, and it is caught less than half the time.)​
Suggestion 5) Would increase player enjoyment in PvP, and decrease the amount of reports sent in.​

Extra Information:
Sorry for the weird spelling of armour, I refuse to use the American spelling. 😹
I ❤️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Last edited:

Difficulted

Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Reports
Team Social Media
IGN
Difficulted
I agree with everything being said, except the in-built damage indicator.
Damage indicators is a mod, that can easily just be downloaded by everyone, if there is an implented one in a game mode like life steal, it would surely cause lagg

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Scuffleshadow

Scuffleshadow

Donator
Donator
IGN
Scuffleshadow
Damage indicators is a mod, that can easily just be downloaded by everyone, if there is an implented one in a game mode like life steal, it would surely cause lagg
I mean a health indicator like this here, it would cause no extra lag, and is extremely easy to implement. There is one built into vanilla minecraft, the server just has to toggle it on. Additionally, as stated in the post above, most health indicators don't work on invisible people, but a server side one would.1703350364980.png

BigBossOtt

Jr.Mod
Staff member
Jr.Mod
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Reports
Team Screenshare
IGN
BigBossOtt
Yes, you are right. We have discussed it and we have an idea about how we can fix this easily. As you can see in the following image, it shows my max hearts, but we have no need for it because we can see any player's hearts by simply pressing tab or using commands like "/profile xyz." So we came up with the idea that developers should replace the max heart indicator with a current or live health indicator as it won't cause any lag and will be more useful for players.

Attachments

• image_2023-12-23_223456439.png
    image_2023-12-23_223456439.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 3

trieuhh

Donator
Donator
Yes, you are right. We have discussed it and we have an idea about how we can fix this easily. As you can see in the following image, it shows my max hearts, but we have no need for it because we can see any player's hearts by simply pressing tab or using commands like "/profile xyz." So we came up with the idea that developers should replace the max heart indicator with a current or live health indicator as it won't cause any lag and will be more useful for players.
I also think this would the best course of action. It would neither cause too much lag, and it eliminates the need to have 2 health indicators.