Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

Poll Event Karaoke Event - Voting System [SUGGESTIONS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaramMurad

Donator
Donator
Karaoke Event - Voting System
[SUGGESTIONS THREAD]
After we had multiple karaoke events on our Discord server, a lot of the participants and members of the community messaged us pointing that the current voting system is lacking and needs to be improved. As you know, we are always listening your opinions, and therefore we opened this thread especially for you, dear player of JartexNetwork.

Suggest your ideas here, in the comments section, on how the voting system should work and we will come back in couple of days/weeks with a solution that hopefully will make the event better and your demands pleased.

Be aware that any off-topic messages will be removed from this thread!
Hey there !

I was waiting so much for this thread/talk about this problem.
I have attended many karaoke events and i guess there was a problem on it ; participants are getting alts and reacting them to hi's emoji that is setted by the hoster , which is so unfair.

Sometimes there is very good talents that is participating on the event and in the last , nothing fair for them.

So there is a solution for this problem , which is : getting the staff that is online, and attending the event OR decide 3/4 staff members that always get on the karaoke event , so the judgments should go to another voice chat ALONE and decide the 3 top TALENTS that have sang.

Thanks for reading and good luck.

NOTE: Sometimes , SOME participants go and sing silly songs ... and they win ... , and that is completly not fair for others.

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Vessalie

Vessalie

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
Hey there !

I was waiting so much for this thread/talk about this problem.
I have attended many karaoke events and i guess there was a problem on it ; participants are getting alts and reacting them to hi's emoji that is setted by the hoster , which is so unfair.

Sometimes there is very good talents that is participating on the event and in the last , nothing fair for them.

So there is a solution for this problem , which is : getting the staff that is online, and attending the event OR decide 3/4 staff members that always get on the karaoke event , so the judgments should go to another voice chat ALONE and decide the 3 top TALENTS that have sang.

Thanks for reading and good luck.

NOTE: Sometimes , SOME participants go and sing silly songs ... and they win ... , and that is completly not fair for others.
As said above, staff will not be picking the winners as various SrMods already said no, come up with a better idea if you have any.

Drillesnissen

Hey my idea was a discord bot witch used commands instead of reactions something like
+ Drillenissen
- Drillenissen
The bot would filter unregistered users something like you connect your Mc account to ur discord and it would delete the messages so you couldn’t count the numbers of positive / negative replys and it would say the awnsers when the poll is finished
I could make this in python pretty fast

Edit: msg me on discord for more info or a more in depth explanation of my idea ||Drillenissen||#4268

Last edited:

natty_sword

Donator
Donator
IGN
natty_sword
This suggestion is time consuming but i'm sure you'd be upto doing it Vessalie Vessalie

Create a brand new discord server dedicated to the karaoke event.
When you're posted about the event in #news channel, create a instant link to the new discord server (where the event will be hosted.)

In this server, make a karaoke tag which you will give to people that are attending the voice call (this is the time consuming part) (You could also set up a bot for a private channel, so 5 minutes or so before you start, people can view the private channel, click the reaction so the bot would automatically give the ranks) which they will have access to view the karaoke event chat (where the votes will be casted). This would prevent people spamming there friends / ect to vote for the person they want to win, without actually listening to everyone.

A day after the event is over (so the link expires) you'd kick all the players (apart from staff / event leaders) (This is so they have to re-join for the next time there is an event.)

Also since this would be in a difference discord server, there wouldn't be any punishment bots, so if people break rules (Example; Advertising, Racism ECT, you could ban them from accessing the event again.)

For proof of who the winners are you can simply screenshot the vote post, and show Mex as proof. So the winners earn there vouchers. (This is incase he doesn't join the server himself.)

Last edited:

Almostlikeaboss

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Events
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
IGN
Almostlikeaboss
Hello Staff team
My suggestion is adding a voting channel on the discord server
You can use a bot called "VoteIt"
The bot will vote with Abc http://prntscr.com/nt4rvq
The bot can have a custom timer http://prntscr.com/nt4s6b
You can only have up to 20 people in the event http://prntscr.com/nt4sj7
But the bot will only show the winner so the person who is hosting the event have to give out 2nd and 3rd

AUTHOR
AUTHOR
Vessalie

Vessalie

Addicted Member
Banned
Donator
Okay, that's about it. Thank you to everyone who suggested ideas about the voting system. After many thinking, we managed to get some ideas from your suggestions and we turned it into something good.

Here is the update post regarding all the updates: https://jartexnetwork.com/threads/karaoke-updates.69858/

Status
Not open for further replies.