Menu

Learn how to start playing on JartexNetwork in just 60 seconds!
Play Now
Learn how to join our server
and start playing in 60 seconds
Play Now
CLICK TO JOIN JOIN OUR DISCORD

If reports don't stack what is the point of rules having different punishments for multiple offenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get myself permanently banned without doing anything unethical. In order to accomplish this, i too a look at the rules, and the following seemed like a promising one:

ddos threat rule.png

It seemed like i could just threat to dox and dos someone as a joke, report myself, repeat that 2 more times and i'd finally get permanently banned. So i attempted to do that. First time i did it, i got a 7 days ban. All good so far. But now i did it again and only got a 7 days ban again. Furthermore, when i tried contacting staff to tell them my ban should be extended to 31 days because of being the second offense, i received the following bizarre response:

reports dont stack wtf.png

My question is. If reports don't stack, then what is the point of having different punishments for multiple offenses in the rules? If every punishment always counts as the first, what's the point of the multiple lines in the rule detailing what the punishment would be on "second" or "third" offenses?

Nirahz

Donator
Donator
IGN
Nirahz
current offense system is awful but nobody in the mgmt seems to want to fix it.

if u want to leave just leave tho

iFlyYT

Sr.Mod
Staff member
Sr.Mod
Great Reporter
Donator
Team Appeals
Team Applications
Team Mentorship
Team Reports
Team Social Media
Hi there H Hipstergirl69696 !

Interesting to see that you are looking to get yourself banned..

We have a few reasons on why our report system is like this, however we will consider your points and treat this as feedback in regards to our report system.

Thank you for this feedback!

• Haha
Reactions: Sav
AUTHOR
AUTHOR
H
Hi there H Hipstergirl69696 !

Interesting to see that you are looking to get yourself banned..

We have a few reasons on why our report system is like this, however we will consider your points and treat this as feedback in regards to our report system.

Thank you for this feedback!
May i ask what are those reasons?

Rodagave115

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Hello, H Hipstergirl69696 . Attempting to get a permanent ban to be issued on you will not only lead to the permanent ban you want, but it may also lead to a Network Exclusion. A Network Exclusion is a permanent ban from the forums, discord server, and in-game. Keep in mind that behind the usernames, in-game names, and ranks, there are actual people spending their time on providing support to the community members. Therefore for them to spend time on handling cases like this is a straight up waste of time.

On another note, the offenses on reports do not stack mainly because the punishments are issued without prior communication and/or notice to the player, therefore it is less likely the player will have a better understanding of the rules afterwards. Our intention is not just to punish a player because they did something wrong, but we also aim for them not to repeat these offenses. Nevertheless, being punished for the same offense multiple times through a report does lead to a more severe punishment than the ones stated in the rules.

I hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.